Group rides or ride alone

Last time I ride with my classmates, and the journey lasting 8 days. We had some conflict. So I think, group ride should get every prepared. Ride alone is lonely...I don't like it...

mybike88 said:
I've been alone for a long time..when Find Team Members,I am not alone..
Jasonnimblewear said:
Last time I ride with my classmates, and the journey lasting 8 days. We had some conflict. So I think, group ride should get every prepared. Ride alone is lonely...I don't like it...
cyclingman68 said:
with friend..sometimes I like riding alone....
What are the odds that these three "people" post so close together. Surely, they're not the same person....

I like to ride either solo, or with 1 or 2 buddies. I'm a newbie tho, and haven't really hooked up with a bike group where I live yet. I've been working on getting more miles and MPH under my belt first. The two guys i ride with, i draft behind them - so i get the affect of a group ride. Still, nothing like just grabbing your bike and going solo....something zen like about it.

Group riding is fun because its fun to ride with Your friends and also to cut off Your enemies in the pack. Also group riding shows your the best if You get ahead of every other rider.

Single riding is fun because You ride at your own pace and cut off other people and get away with it.

Im also from Manchester, Nj. I usually go out riding early sunday mornings. PM me if your interested in hooking up for a ride. Usually just me and another guy sometimes two.

Originally Posted by amegslw16 .

The reason why I started this thread is to find out how to improve my cycling. I have done few group rides and learned a lot shifting keeping eye on the road taking turn etc. when I ride alone I don't think im pushing hard enough and find myself push too hard and end up getting too tired early. so to me the group riding is much for helpful. As far as the bike issue you don't have to spend a 1000 bucks I spend way way less then that even after upgrades done to the bike. the bike and the upgrades I paid 360 bike only had 30 miles on it. look around in local classifieds you will be shock what you can find.
Well I will tell you about the third (and probably "final") attempt I made finding some training events around here.

Basically I live in place that is not that bike friendly. Big roads with debris from cars, lots and lots of accidents. But there are lots of cyclists around.

I am currently cycling alone with a pace of about 24km/h for an hour or maybe an hour and half some times. I try to do that every day. I found a route that isnt that terrible and I stay inside the city more or less so I dont need to pack too many things.

In the beginning I found a guided cycle tours office. Its great but now they are shut down I think.

Then I found a club and I called them. I found it through the LBS. I went there one day and there was a coach there and some kids. There was some older people too but there were some "weirdos" there as well (the kinda hostile ones).

I tried training with them twice but I was not up to same speed and I kinda lost them in a climb. Second time I got back with some but apparently these guys train for races, about 80km every day and they are young. I am in my 30s and dont have an extensive kit yet.

So I tried a local forum about a week ago and went for a ride with them.

They were various people there. Older, younger, some of them also riding with teams.

I followed them easily for about 20km and then went back.

I was immidiately picked on for not wearing shorts and a jersey (allthough it really didnt matter to be honest as some of the guys there were hideously fat) and also picked on for various other things, like shoes etc...

They ride some crappy roads and they even start using heart monitors and other **** which just kinda makes me a bit sick.

So I told them that what they are doing is not that "nice" and booom... They showed their real colours starting to insult me and talking really bad to me.

I was banned from the forum a bit later.

I dont care about the ban, being banned from a forum being the price for realizing with what kind of people I live with its an ok deal with me.

But I aint riding with any of those "pack animals" anymore. They can ride dodging road-kill and broken glass in crappy roads with their heart-monitors on, on their internet bought jerseys and their fat asses as much as they want. I am just a bit sad that I live in the same city with them.

So basically that was it for me. I am now either just riding with one or maybe two more people. Max. Would be nice if I knew them a bit first too...

That story sounds par for course. Group cyclers who have no self confidence and need approval from others do that sort of **** instead of getting along with everybody else.

That group sounds like a bunch of toolio's.

There is a way to pedal faster and harder by yourself. pretend that whatever your most afraid of like a great white shark or a tornado are right behind you and that you are trying to get away from it or else you die, if you do this mental imaging properly you will be the fastest and strongest cycler in your town within no time.

dont forget to eat properly.

Hillrider said:
That story sounds par for course. Group cyclers who have no self confidence and need approval from others do that sort of **** instead of getting along with everybody else. That group sounds like a bunch of toolio's. There is a way to pedal faster and harder by yourself. pretend that whatever your most afraid of like a great white shark or a tornado are right behind you and that you are trying to get away from it or else you die, if you do this mental imaging properly you will be the fastest and strongest cycler in your town within no time. dont forget to eat properly.
It sounds like you don't know much about group riders or rides. You also sound more like a troll with your every passing post.

Better off posting a few 'troll' comments than actually live life in a internet bike chat forum. Whats that all about man, 11,734 posts, dude You need a new hobby or something.

Originally Posted by Hillrider .

That story sounds par for course. Group cyclers who have no self confidence and need approval from others do that sort of **** instead of getting along with everybody else.

That group sounds like a bunch of toolio's.

There is a way to pedal faster and harder by yourself. pretend that whatever your most afraid of like a great white shark or a tornado are right behind you and that you are trying to get away from it or else you die, if you do this mental imaging properly you will be the fastest and strongest cycler in your town within no time.

dont forget to eat properly.
I usually imagine other things...
love.png

Maybe thats why they dont like me...

What do YOU think [SIZE= 36.00000762939453px]"[/SIZE][SIZE= 36px]Hillrider"[/SIZE][SIZE= 13px]? ??[/SIZE]???

Originally Posted by Hillrider .

Better off posting a few 'troll' comments than actually live life in a internet bike chat forum. Whats that all about man, 11,734 posts, dude You need a new hobby or something.
Wait till I get to that...

Btw there is this awesome program to chat on-line with a... ROBOT!!!

Its so awesome:

http://alice.pandorabots.com/

If only I can hook it with a program and log it here... I am gonna have a million posts or something over night... and have the "ultimate super cycling forum ultra poster contributor" mark under my avatar...

Its gonna be so cool...

But I need to program it to reply in such a manner:

Bike tubes > LBS
Tires > LBS, friction, rolling resistance, weight,
Troll > Post something about trolling
Uknown topic > something about the tour de France...
etc...

with a few phrases stuck between the words.

Jasonnimblewear said:
Haha, yes, that is very funny!
Yes, funny as in spammers who post under multiple accounts. Spammers like you, jasonnimblewear.

I made the acquaintance of some fella on a ski trip with old friends a few years back. We lived close by and I figured it would be a good time going for a ride as he also rode road. We stopped at some burrito joint in the city and after getting my order I was pouring my soda thinking what a funny dude the counter person who helped me was. When my riding partner met me at the soda fountain he started going off on a tirade about "the asshole" behind the counter. It struck me odd that two people could not only have such a different experience under the same circumstances but also such a different take on the same person.

The moral of the story, if ya find assholes wherever you go, maybe they're not the assholes. Most clubs I've ridden with have had a diverse enough group of folks that fun can be had if fun is what is being sought.

To meet training goals I ride alone. To have a laugh, mix it up, and keep skills sharp I ride with others.

"Most clubs I've ridden with have had a diverse enough group of folks that fun can be had if fun is what is being sought."

Truth.

And it's easy to pedal away from the asses or let them go off the front. Enjoy the good folks and laugh at the morons. Either way, it's going to be fun.

danfoz said:
I made the acquaintance of some fella on a ski trip with old friends a few years back. We lived close by and I figured it would be a good time going for a ride as he also rode road. We stopped at some burrito joint in the city and after getting my order I was pouring my soda thinking what a funny dude the counter person who helped me was. When my riding partner met me at the soda fountain he started going off on a tirade about "the asshole" behind the counter. It struck me odd that two people could not only have such a different experience under the same circumstances but also such a different take on the same person. The moral of the story, if ya find assholes wherever you go, maybe they're not the assholes. Most clubs I've ridden with have had a diverse enough group of folks that fun can be had if fun is what is being sought. To meet training goals I ride alone. To have a laugh, mix it up, and keep skills sharp I ride with others.
+1.