Gun Ownership In Usa

9lines

May 7, 2015
The latest shootings in San Bernardino has left many wondering about gun ownership laws in the US. what lessons are we learning from these shootings? Politicians keep talking tough but they seem to be doing little to stop the same. Will people fear travelling to the US because of the shootings?

Reactions: Charliebina
Yes shootings and the 5000 € for the ticket is what f'ed it for my visit.

Hey, pick up that barbwire and come over here booy, Le me is putting up Europa! Christmas decorations.

I was thinking of a nice Apartheid Theme this yahre.

KRIMINAL%20MINDS%20-%20Resistance%20Against.jpg

No more than traveling to France. Both California and France have strict gun laws and both were victims of terrorists. It is highly illogical to consider taking away guns of non-terrorist when the terror threat is so high. We have had 10 times more mass shootings under the present administration that any previous. What are the gun laws in Kenya?

jhuskey said:
No more than traveling to France. Both California and France have strict gun laws and both were victims of terrorists. It is highly illogical to consider taking away guns of non-terrorist when the terror threat is so high. We have had 10 times more mass shootings under the present administration that any previous. What are the gun laws in Kenya?

Barbwire is like Kryptonite for those Ninjas!

It makes some great media and left tabloid footage too!

Mmm mm!!! ♡

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aE8WFL34rsI

Up until about 10 years or so ago, Belgium had some of the loosest gun laws of anywhere. Visit Brussels with a fistful of Euros, leave with a trunk full of guns.

Last time I checked, France and Germany were both in the top 10 countries world-wide in per capita gun ownership. Granted, those are mostly long guns. The US and Yemen were 1 and 2. Most of the Nordic countries have a higher than average per capita gun ownership, too.

mpre53 said:
Up until about 10 years or so ago, Belgium had some of the loosest gun laws of anywhere. Visit Brussels with a fistful of Euros, leave with a trunk full of guns.

Last time I checked, France and Germany were both in the top 10 countries world-wide in per capita gun ownership. Granted, those are mostly long guns. The US and Yemen were 1 and 2. Most of the Nordic countries have a higher than average per capita gun ownership, too.

...and now you wanna go all "political" on me...

What caliber is this? :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gObD0Dcr5wU

Lots of places have guns, not many places have the level of gun crime like the USA.
Gun's are such an important part of the American economy and culture, you will never be able to change that.
What you need to look at are root causes, people don't commit crimes because they can get guns.
They commit crimes because of mental illness, addiction and socio-economic factors. They just happen to be able to get guns so they use those.
Address WHY they commit crimes, not HOW.

mpre53 said:
Well, the bolt action is probably about 30 calibre, and an AK typically is 7.62. I'd love me a nice Tikka T3 Sporter, which is .223. Have to support the wife's ancestral homeland, after all.

#mpre

Why not a Dragunov? :p :D

450px-Interpolitex_2013_%28536-15%29.jpg

And the present administration has put exactly ZERO extra restrictions on guns -- yet every time there's a shooting, the NRA and the GOP LEAP to their feet and SHOUT, "NO NEW GUN LAWS!" before anyone else can even say, "Hey, how many guns were used?" So trying to 'blame the darkie' doesn't work, friend.

Restrictions on guns =/= confiscation. It MEANS better ways to TRACK felons, mentally ill, and other dangerous people (for example, those either accused of, convicted of, or put under restraining order for, domestic violence), so they don't GET these guns through lawful channels. A LOT of those will not 'know somebody' who can get them a black-market piece.

The idea that "a good guy with a gun will stop a bad guy with a gun" is proven HOOEY. There is not ONE demonstrated, recorded event of that. A recent incident shows the OPPOSITE, in fact, because a "good guy with a gun" not only MISSED the bad guy, he SHOT SOMEONE ELSE.

Do we live in Kenya? No. But many of us live in Cali or France. And FYI, the French violence was traced to terrorists, the biggest brokers of illegal arms in the world...and who get a FAIR AMOUNT FROM THE USA.

What did your "civilian militia" do in Oregon? Occupied an empty building in protest of the arrest of a FIREBUG. And Nevada? They kept LAW ENFORCEMENT FROM PEACEFULLY DOING THEIR JOBS. What did they do in Texas? Ran like cowards when they were challenged over Islamic prejudice.

Do better.

Wow, I can't argue with you mainly because you have an extreme liberal view and you will just start hurling insults once facts and stats are posted. My refetence to Kenya was not directed to you so you need not reply to it.

You know what scares me?

Young girls texting while driving and not guns nor the cell phone. Is it the cell phone at fault when a cyclist is run over by a texting motorist? 1,000 cyclists are killed by motor vehicles per year in the USA while the evil AR-15 was used to kill fewer than 100 people in recent years (several hundred murders per year from all long guns combined).

Politicians do not want to deal with a real issue and that is keeping guns out of the hand of the mentally ill. Why? Because of patient privacy concerns. In my view if a gun owner is prescribed a mind altering medicine to deal with depression or other mental illnesses, this diagnosis should be be linked to the NICS systems and the FEDs or State Police should confiscate your firearms. The majority of non-terrorist mass killings have been at the hands of mentally impaired individuals.

All my guns were lost in a boating accident unfortunately.

Meh, let all the gun lovers have their toys and they will solve the issue for us. I don't care if you have a gun, just don't point it at me or mine.

Mine are not toys. They are tools and I use them responsibly. I bet those ladies that were raped in Europe wished that they were armed.

I've never shot a gun before in my life. But I don't have to shoot to know that if someone is lacking security, sometimes a robot tool won't do. They need something scary on their person. Hmmm, like a gun. How else will someone as weak as me be able to protect themselves? Karate? HA! I should go to a shooting range someday. Anyway, I agree with weatherby, all gun distributors should be able to pull up mental files or something and texting people can be murderers.

There are an estimated 100 million gun owners in the US. Most of the deaths by guns here are from drug and gang activity and other criminal acts. Cities like Chicago , New York, Boston and LA and San Francisco have extremely tough gun laws, and the highest rates of crime by guns. Law abiding citizens who own guns are NOT the problem. The perception from the media around the world ( and here in thee States) apparently is that everywhere in America is Dodge City on a Saturday night in 1880. I own guns, and I must have defectives ones, because they have never shot anyone, accidentally or otherwise, in 50 years. That includes time as a member of a police department. My desire to protect my family and property from anyone who tries to mess with them trumps anyone else's belief I shouldn't own guns.

Nine hundred have been killed already in Chicago...in just over 3 months. Yet, guns are essentially outlawed in Chicago. Bans don't work. Why don't criminals just follow the laws and while I'm on a roll, why are mass shootings always in gun free zones like schools, movie theatres, and post offices, etc.

http://crime.chicagotribune.com/chicago/shootings/

Reactions: Shark425
And the present administration has put exactly ZERO extra restrictions on guns -- yet every time there's a shooting, the NRA and the GOP LEAP to their feet and SHOUT, "NO NEW GUN LAWS!" before anyone else can even say, "Hey, how many guns were used?" So trying to 'blame the darkie' doesn't work, friend.

Restrictions on guns =/= confiscation. It MEANS better ways to TRACK felons, mentally ill, and other dangerous people (for example, those either accused of, convicted of, or put under restraining order for, domestic violence), so they don't GET these guns through lawful channels. A LOT of those will not 'know somebody' who can get them a black-market piece.

The idea that "a good guy with a gun will stop a bad guy with a gun" is proven HOOEY. There is not ONE demonstrated, recorded event of that. A recent incident shows the OPPOSITE, in fact, because a "good guy with a gun" not only MISSED the bad guy, he SHOT SOMEONE ELSE.

Do we live in Kenya? No. But many of us live in Cali or France. And FYI, the French violence was traced to terrorists, the biggest brokers of illegal arms in the world...and who get a FAIR AMOUNT FROM THE USA.

What did your "civilian militia" do in Oregon? Occupied an empty building in protest of the arrest of a FIREBUG. And Nevada? They kept LAW ENFORCEMENT FROM PEACEFULLY DOING THEIR JOBS. What did they do in Texas? Ran like cowards when they were challenged over Islamic prejudice.

Do better.
The present administration has tried to implement new , restrictive gun legislation and failed. I would like to know how restrictions on guns and confiscations mean better ways to track felons. How does taking away MY guns, or restricting MY non-felon self help track a felon? If a mentally ill person has never sought professional help, has gone about his business without breaking any laws, and suddenly nuts up, how does your restrictions track him? You mention a recent incident shows the good guy shot someone else. Several recent incidents show a good guy with a gun STOPPED a bad guy, and nobody else was shot. Look, it's obvious you don't like guns, and don't think anyone else should own one. DON'T BUY ONE! But leave the rest of us alone. There are more than enough gun laws to track felons, etc. already. Don't tell me that I , or millions of other law abiding citizens should be denied. And who "blamed the darkie"?