harper said:As Mike says, there presently is really very little market for these
hubs. I hope Florian can make a profit. His parts are of exceptional
quality and many of them are case hardened. His shifting mechanism is
patented and it is the feature that makes it stand out from the first
prototypes that Frank Bonsch and I built. The static shift hubs could
be made domestically and sold for around $600 to $800. But now that
shift on the fly exists and has been repeatedly proven to be possible,
why would anyone want a static shift hub? Mike himself used it as a
stepping stone to a superior system.
I might consider buying a static shift hub if it was 400$ less.
How useful is shift on the fly anyway Ive heard its tricky to get the
hang of.
could you do without it???
--
XCcrev
My Vid
'Youtube' (
)
'vimeo' (http://vimeo.com/825440)
------------------------------------------------------------------------
XCcrev's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/16408
View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/69163
Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
----------------------------------------------------------
http://www.usenet.com