Hands off Richard ! Leave him alone !

limerickman said:
This theory about the Badger trying to shoot LeMond is very interesting.
I never heard that one before.
I knew that Greg's brother shot him (Greg, not Hinault !) by accident.

Which probably explains why I saw a whole load of guys wearing bere's - hiding in a hedge in Dundrum in 1988.
I expect that they were undercover waiting for Roche to go on his training spin !
International conspiacies is what I say !!!!!!! I think this and other "questionable" things over the years needs to be looked at over pints of Guinness.....
Such as.......

****1989 TDF ..... The confusion at the prologue in Luxembourg with Pedro Degado.... Where was he really???? Why wasn't he at the start??? The French that year did not think Lemond could mount a comeback , but Degado was a true contender... His comeback after a 2minute 40 seconds at the prolouge and 5 minutes in ther next days TT. A disadvantage too much to overcome.... But he only finished the 1989 TDF over 3 minutes back and 3rd on the podium.... Clearly he was riding well except for those first 2 days.....
A 'Luxembourg" start??? What do we really know about Luxemboug ?
Where was Perico ? This is the Tour de FRANCE.... So why wasn't it started in France ???? Questionable is what I say ........
------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Steve Bauer-Claude Criquilion incident at the Worlds.....It would be easy to dismiss this as a squabble among sprinting cyclists. But let's dig deeper...... I think it goes back to the TDF where he ended up in 4th place when Hinault and Lemond went 1 and 2.... And here again I can blame the French...
{Blaming the French for everything is easy if you want to see things my way.}

So if you look at the French situation and their desire to win the TDF. Hinault has retired and the English speaking riders were invading the TDF. Lemond was no longer a threat when his "questionable" brother in law "mistakenly" shot him thinking he was a turkey. The French had eliminated the rider who demanded that Hinault must work for him...... The thought of an American telling "the great Hinault" what to do !!!!!!!!! But the French recognized a rider named Steve Bauer who was a former training partner and friend of Greg Lemond's...... He was the immerging English speaking threat. So while all French eyes were looking at Bauer.. Ireland's Stephen Roche went to beat Pedro Delgado in his historic sweep of all 3 major rides of the year......
Then ..... mysteriously Roche had knee problems ...... And I heard this from a very reliable source that the French sent a couple of thugs to Ireland to bust up Roche. French thuggery!!!!!!! The French even screwed up Pedro's 1988 TDF positive doping sample..... They sent a man to spike his drinkbottle with an illegal substance. The man the French usually used in doping situations, a Mr. Ralph Virenque, [a relative of Richards] was unable to do it. And the man that did it made the mistake of spiking the drink with a substance that was banned by the Olympic committee, but not by the TDF!!!!!!!!!!!! The french can't even get the doping right.... He screwed up, and Pedro won......

So in the Worlds, when the sprint went to the line, and ...Well we know what happened.
Claude Criquilion was secretly working for the French!!! His country men all spoke french as Criquilion also does.......And it was proven in court that Claude Criquilion did run into Bauer first causing Bauer to bury him into the barriers..... Claude Criquilion forgot the Bauer was from a counrty that prizes hockey as religion....
The French screwed up again .........
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't get me going about the French involvment in the World Hour Record.... And all the controversy that is around the bikes...

wolfix said:
International conspiacies is what I say !!!!!!! I think this and other "questionable" things over the years needs to be looked at over pints of Guinness.....
Such as.......

****1989 TDF ..... The confusion at the prologue in Luxembourg with Pedro Degado.... Where was he really???? Why wasn't he at the start??? The French that year did not think Lemond could mount a comeback , but Degado was a true contender... His comeback after a 2minute 40 seconds at the prolouge and 5 minutes in ther next days TT. A disadvantage too much to overcome.... But he only finished the 1989 TDF over 3 minutes back and 3rd on the podium.... Clearly he was riding well except for those first 2 days.....
Where was Perico ? This is the Tour de FRANCE.... So why wasn't it started in France ???? Questionable is what I say ........

The Steve Bauer-Claude Criquilion incident at the Worlds.....It would be easy to dismiss this as a squabble among sprinting cyclists. But let's dig deeper...... I think it goes back to the TDF where he ended up in 4th place when Hinault and Lemond went 1 and 2.... And here again I can blame the French...

So if you look at the French situation and their desire to win the TDF. Hinault has retired and the English speaking riders were invading the TDF. Lemond was no longer a threat when his "questionable" brother in law "mistakenly" shot him thinking he was a turkey. The French had eliminated the rider who demanded that Hinault must work for him...... The thought of an American telling "the great Hinault" what to do !!!!!!!!! But the French recognized a rider named Steve Bauer who was a former training partner and friend of Greg Lemond's...... He was the immerging English speaking threat. So while all French eyes were looking at Bauer.. Ireland's Stephen Roche went to beat Pedro Delgado in his historic sweep of all 3 major rides of the year......
Then ..... mysteriously Roche had knee problems ...... And I heard this from a very reliable source that the French sent a couple of thugs to Ireland to bust up Roche. French thuggery!!!!!!! The French even screwed up Pedro's 1988 TDF positive doping sample..... They sent a man to spike his drinkbottle with an illegal substance. The man the French usually used in doping situations, a Mr. Ralph Virenque, [a relative of Richards] was unable to do it. And the man that did it made the mistake of spiking the drink with a substance that was banned by the Olympic committee, but not by the TDF!!!!!!!!!!!! The french can't even get the doping right.... He screwed up, and Pedro won......

So in the Worlds, when the sprint went to the line, and ...Well we know what happened.
Claude Criquilion was secretly working for the French!!! His country men all spoke french as Criquilion also does.......And it was proven in court that Claude Criquilion did run into Bauer first causing Bauer to bury him into the barriers..... Claude Criquilion forgot the Bauer was from a counrty that prizes hockey as religion....
Don't get me going about the French involvment in the World Hour Record.... And all the controversy that is around the bikes...

Very good ! I'm laughing away here!
You could be right, this may all be a dastardly French "stop all foreigners winning OUR race" plot !

wolfix said:
Such as.......

That is one of the funniest pieces I have seen written, now I am waiting for the sequel to this piece on how it was a Belgium conspiracy to prevent Indurain from matching Eddy Merckx's accomplishment of winning the Giro, TDf and Worlds in the same year in 92 and 93...

Capt.Injury said:
That is one of the funniest pieces I have seen written, now I am waiting for the sequel to this piece on how it was a Belgium conspiracy to prevent Indurain from matching Eddy Merckx's accomplishment of winning the Giro, TDf and Worlds in the same year in 92 and 93...

Oh, darn. Looks like that dirty little secret has finally been made public...

Capt.Injury said:
Oh ....I thought this was common knowledge. What isn't known , and what I will explain later when I have time...Is how the French were behind that too. The main thing you need to undersatnd is this ......Notice how Armstrong came frome no-where to shock the cycling world in Norway in 93...... Those French. They were so smug and delighted that Indurain did not capture the Worlds...... But in typical French fashion they even screwed that up ...... By allowing Armstrong to make his ability known to the cycling world ,that particular win paved the way to his 7 victories in the TDF. Their sneaky little ways came back to haunt them in a big way.

I guess I have time...... We all know Indurain was capable of winning the Worlds very easily... But he also understood the French. He knew that somehow those little sneaky guys in a lab somewhere would leak to the press about his dark secrets....

Real dark secrets....

* Such as.....It is well known now that Indurain once said ."Campagnolo sucks!" Scandalous.

* Indurain actually enjoyed shaving his legs...... A very French thing.For the men, not the ladies.

* That Indurain would pronounce "tomato" as "TOe matt toe." And in Spain, that is a challenge to your masculinity.

* Remember that pic of Indurain on the TDF podium where Indurain was holding the stuffed lion, the TDF mascot? Think about it. He looks to me like he got a little too snuggly with it. Not that there is anything wrong with that.....
So it was a trade-off... Indurain was allowed to keep face with 5 TDF victories
and the French cycling world would not be humiliated anymore.

But a few years down the road Eddy becme a thorn in the side of the French.
It was a business deal. Evidently Eddy promised to equippe his top of the line carbon
frames with Simplex. This delighted the French. And only the French. But thank
god he came to his senses...... And to punish Eddy for his betrayal , they paved the way
for Lance and his record 7 victories...... What needs to be questioned about Armstrongs victories, is not the doping
allegations, but the little unknown fact the TDF promoters required Ullrich to
ride on 700x 36 touring tires with #55 psi during the TDF..... Questionable and very
suspicious if you ask me.......

limerickman said:
What about Jalabert?

I don't think Laurent Fignon was thinking about any so-called invasion, as you put it.

France may not have produced a TDF winner since Hinault but to state that French cycling has been bad for the past 17 years is factually incorrect.
Brochard, Jalabert were both great champions.

I don't support Virenque by the way - that man did cheat.
Limerick... Brochard????? How can you support anyone with hair like that??? I just can't get behind the mullett, I can't and I won't.

Jalabert. Now that was a classy rider. I miss him in the tour. Never knew whether he was going to go for the green jersey, polka dots, stages, GC, or just go out is some amazing crash where his face is all busted up.

His breakaway on the stage to Pla D'Adet in 2001 is one of my all time favorites. That's the famous stage where Ullrich did that header down the Peyresourde. (Interesting on that stage that nobody ever criticized Beloki for attacking while Lance was waiting for Ullrich. I liked Beloki and hope he lives to fight another day but that was pretty weak, but that's another topic.)

What do you think about the fact that Ja Ja never lived in France or rode for a French team? Phil and Paul always made a big deal about that.

barnstorm said:
What do you think about the fact that Ja Ja never lived in France or rode for a French team? Phil and Paul always made a big deal about that.
Wrong. JaJa rode with Toshiba from 89-91 which was a French team. Never lived in France ? Hard thing to do when you were born there ! He now resides in Geneva and hangs out with Phil Collins.

wolfix said:
Oh ....I thought this was common knowledge. What isn't known , and what I will explain later when I have time...Is how the French were behind that too. The main thing you need to undersatnd is this ......Notice how Armstrong came frome no-where to shock the cycling world in Norway in 93...... Those French. They were so smug and delighted that Indurain did not capture the Worlds...... But in typical French fashion they even screwed that up ...... By allowing Armstrong to make his ability known to the cycling world ,that particular win paved the way to his 7 victories in the TDF. Their sneaky little ways came back to haunt them in a big way.

I guess I have time...... We all know Indurain was capable of winning the Worlds very easily... But he also understood the French. He knew that somehow those little sneaky guys in a lab somewhere would leak to the press about his dark secrets....

Real dark secrets....

* Such as.....It is well known now that Indurain once said ."Campagnolo sucks!" Scandalous.

* Indurain actually enjoyed shaving his legs...... A very French thing.For the men, not the ladies.

* That Indurain would pronounce "tomato" as "TOe matt toe." And in Spain, that is a challenge to your masculinity.

* Remember that pic of Indurain on the TDF podium where Indurain was holding the stuffed lion, the TDF mascot? Think about it. He looks to me like he got a little too snuggly with it. Not that there is anything wrong with that.....
So it was a trade-off... Indurain was allowed to keep face with 5 TDF victories
and the French cycling world would not be humiliated anymore.

But a few years down the road Eddy becme a thorn in the side of the French.
It was a business deal. Evidently Eddy promised to equippe his top of the line carbon
frames with Simplex. This delighted the French. And only the French. But thank
god he came to his senses...... And to punish Eddy for his betrayal , they paved the way
for Lance and his record 7 victories...... What needs to be questioned about Armstrongs victories, is not the doping
allegations, but the little unknown fact the TDF promoters required Ullrich to
ride on 700x 36 touring tires with #55 psi during the TDF..... Questionable and very
suspicious if you ask me.......
Well now we know how this coming year will play out. The new TDF Director has guilt feelings for Ullrich because he has felt they have damaged his career thanks to the "endorsement' of Armstrong. So they will ****** one of theTrek's bikes at Paris-Roubaix, and spraypaint it for T-Mobile. They drugged Ullrich's favorite advisor, Rudy himself, and give him a documented detailed workout plan to go by. Meanwhile, at the Giro, they will spike Basso's drink will a flu bug, that cripples his preparations for the tour. Then the media will turn on Bjarne Riis, because of his decision to allow Basso to go for the double, ruining the "Armstrong plan" for winning the Tour.

Anything else I am missing?

Capt.Injury said:
Well now we know how this coming year will play out. The new TDF Director has guilt feelings for Ullrich because he has felt they have damaged his career thanks to the "endorsement' of Armstrong. So they will ****** one of theTrek's bikes at Paris-Roubaix, and spraypaint it for T-Mobile. They drugged Ullrich's favorite advisor, Rudy himself, and give him a documented detailed workout plan to go by. Meanwhile, at the Giro, they will spike Basso's drink will a flu bug, that cripples his preparations for the tour. Then the media will turn on Bjarne Riis, because of his decision to allow Basso to go for the double, ruining the "Armstrong plan" for winning the Tour.

Anything else I am missing?
You make the French sound so bad...... But I think you get it.....It's really easy once you get the hang of it.....

wolfix said:
You make the French sound so bad...... But I think you get it.....It's really easy once you get the hang of it.....
Not by choice, I had my thought process filtered by the Armstrong Propoganda Machine, i talked to them in an isolated room, then they gave me that statement to deliver on here. Sorry