Have you ever had your bike stolen? how did you feel? was it securely locked?

reighn

Feb 12, 2018
Well, I never experience that, but last week maybe, my friend lost his bike in front of their house. and he wanted to cry but still managed to control his self. we use our motorcycle to look around hoping to find it, but still no result.

I am yet to experience my bike being stolen but some of my friends' bikes were stolen back when we were still in university. They used bike locks but somehow they were still stolen. it was frustrating for them and they weren't able to join our bike group for a few weeks.

I am yet to experience my bike being stolen but some of my friends' bikes were stolen back when we were still in university. They used bike locks but somehow they were still stolen. it was frustrating for them and they weren't able to join our bike group for a few weeks.
I think if that was stolen inside the university, the university should responsible for that. How about the CCTV on that area? Do you all think that the suspect was student also in that university?

I think if that was stolen inside the university, the university should responsible for that. How about the CCTV on that area? Do you all think that the suspect was student also in that university?
The university is large and anyone with an ID can enter the university campus, and we didn't see the bikes after, nor did other bike theft cases happen afterwards, so I doubt if students were responsible for it. Also, this was a time when CCTVs weren't still available in every corner of the university.

I grew up in the city where crime of burglary and stealing are common so I am extra careful with my bike. I don't have a lock on my bike and that is the best security because I wouldn't leave it. In fact, I don't remember leaving my bike in any public place. Especially in the city, you cannot trust the bike racks for parking unless there is a security guard on watch otherwise the probability of losing your bike is high.

Yeah, it's really hard to trust the people right now, we should always aware to our belongings. The CCTV helps a lot, but the problem they know how to hide their face, and most of the time, no one watching the CCTV while the incidence stll happening.

I had an incident where someone almost stole my bike, Thankfully I locked it up and he was not able to get it. Now I'm much more very careful of my bike.

I never experience it and I wish it won't happen to me at all. But how does it feel to lose your bike? I think it is kind of something half in your self is missing, especially if it is really a buddy to you like a family member dog that died.

Fortunately, I haven't experienced having my bike stolen. It's good that I live in a peaceful town. The crime rate here is low and I get to leave my guard down without worry. Although I sometimes hear news about a bike being stolen. The good thing is it is nowhere near where I live.

I got back into cycling about three years ago and haven't had a bike stolen, yet. I'm aware that bikes are the most stolen item, with millions stolen every year, and only about 2% recovered. I have two bikes, both of which are registered with the local police, but doesn't guarantee they won't be stolen. Bikes are quick cash for druggies and a few others.

In the past I had a car stolen and not recovered, so I know how it feels to have personal property stolen. Recently, we took our car for a service and the mechanic pointed out that we had three lug nuts missing, one from each wheel. Some jerks will steal anything, and bikes are particularly attractive to them.

I looked into bike insurance but it's hardly worth it. My fat bike cost me $1600 eighteen months ago, and it would cost $100 a year to insure it. A cable can be cut in under a minute, even a good one. A nearby friend had her bike stolen from outside her home after the cable was cut. She bought a 'U' lock to secure it to something on her home. I was impressed with the 'U' lock so I bought one. I got the wide one that fits my 4" wheels snugly. It goes over the wheel and rests against the frame so that even if they cut the cable, they still can't just ride it away; they'd have to carry it. I don't see that I can do more than that.

I grew up in the city where crime of burglary and stealing are common so I am extra careful with my bike. I don't have a lock on my bike and that is the best security because I wouldn't leave it. In fact, I don't remember leaving my bike in any public place. Especially in the city, you cannot trust the bike racks for parking unless there is a security guard on watch otherwise the probability of losing your bike is high.
I feel you too. Crimes and delinquency is a regular issue here. Unfortunately for us, is way more terrible than your city. Your bike gets stolen while you're cycling, they simply come to you in a motorcycle, with a gun, makes you step off your bike and that's it. Some may survive the incident, and some others don't, that's why is kind of a predicament, to find a good place to do some cycling here.

Reactions: Corzhens
I feel you too. Crimes and delinquency is a regular issue here. Unfortunately for us, is way more terrible than your city. Your bike gets stolen while you're cycling, they simply come to you in a motorcycle, with a gun, makes you step off your bike and that's it. Some may survive the incident, and some others don't, that's why is kind of a predicament, to find a good place to do some cycling here.

Oh, just like one incident that was reported in the evening news. The lady rider was accosted by 2 guys on a motorcycle. After taking the bike, the woman was dragged on the pavement maybe to prevent her from seeking help. It was early morning with few motorists on the road. Crimes really depend on the place, there are safe places and there are not.

Oh, just like one incident that was reported in the evening news. The lady rider was accosted by 2 guys on a motorcycle. After taking the bike, the woman was dragged on the pavement maybe to prevent her from seeking help. It was early morning with few motorists on the road. Crimes really depend on the place, there are safe places and there are not.
Oh that's so sad, I hope the lady is doing well and recovering. Honestly, my country is really violent and full of crime, so you have to be really careful while doing outdoor activities. Usually, we tend to do indoor cycling, which is not my favorite, but is the safest one. I use to ride with my cycling bunch, in places that have strong security, and we try to stay together to avoid getting assaulted.

My bike was stolen a week ago Saturday. It was half my fault, half my wife’s fault, and 100 percent the fault of the person who stole it. Left with a lock, a front wheel and a heavy heart, I did the only thing I could think of: I decided to leave the thief a little note.

Actually I didn't Experience But I am Sure that's Very Scary Because some person dream bike Has Stolen and they was upset.