UK and Europe · Public discussion

Helmets - Personal Experience

Started by Spencer Bullen · · Last activity · 62 posts · 3,652 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
UK and Europe
Published
6 February 2004
Last activity
9 March 2004
Original author
Spencer Bullen
Posts
62
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
3,652
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 61–62 of 62
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. On Tue, 2 Mar 2004 20:37:08 +0000 (UTC), "Peter B"
    <[email hidden]> wrote:

    🙂 )"pmailkeey" <[email hidden]> wrote in
    :message )"]news:[email hidden]... )> On
    :Wed, 25 Feb 2004 11:33:33 -0000, "Tony Raven" )> <junk@raven-
    :family.com> wrote: )> )> 🙂pmailkeey wrote: )> 🙂> )> 🙂>
    :If it's widespread knowledge by TV, that would explain it.
    :I gave that )> 🙂> up in 1996. And having seen some adverts
    :today at my friend's house, )> 🙂> I'm glad I did ! )> 🙂
    🙂> 🙂Given up radio as well? )> )> No - saga105.7fm in the
    :West Midlands. ) )I listen to Saga FM occasionally. Why do
    :some of their presenters talk as )if they're addressing
    :their dotty, 90 years old, granny? )The station is supposed
    :to be aimed at the 50+, do they, in line with )prospective
    :employers, think that senile dementia kicks in at 50? )I
    :bet they're the same disillusioned people who thought men
    :gained an extra )inch on turning forty.

    Can't say I've noticed myself. I'm not sure what gives you
    that impression. I'm well short of 50 and find the station
    very acceptable. I also know I'm not alone in being a well
    under 50 listener - as well as some local large businesses
    having the station on through their Tannoy systems.
    --
    Comm again, Mike.

  2. In "]news:[email hidden],
    pmailkeey <[email hidden]> typed:

    Quoted message said:

    On Tue, 2 Mar 2004 20:37:08 +0000 (UTC), "Peter B"
    <[email hidden]> wrote:

    🙂 )"pmailkeey" <[email hidden]> wrote
    :in message )"]news:[email hidden]...
    🙂> On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 11:33:33 -0000, "Tony Raven" )>
    :<[email hidden]> wrote: )> )> 🙂pmailkeey wrote:
    🙂> 🙂> )> 🙂> If it's widespread knowledge by TV, that
    :would explain it. I
    gave that 🙂> 🙂> up in 1996. And having seen some adverts
    today at my friend's house, 🙂> 🙂> I'm glad I did !
    🙂> 🙂 )> 🙂Given up radio as well? )> )> No - saga105.7fm
    :in the West Midlands. ) )I listen to Saga FM
    :occasionally. Why do some of their presenters
    talk as 🙂if they're addressing their dotty, 90 years
    old, granny?
    🙂The station is supposed to be aimed at the 50+, do they,
    :in line
    with 🙂prospective employers, think that senile
    dementia kicks in at 50? 🙂I bet they're the same
    disillusioned people who thought men gained an extra
    🙂inch on turning forty.

    Can't say I've noticed myself. I'm not sure what gives you
    that impression. I'm well short of 50 and find the station
    very acceptable. I also know I'm not alone in being a well
    under 50 listener - as well as some local large businesses
    having the station on through their Tannoy systems.

    Yes. For example they're the only music station available to
    patients in Walsall Manor Hospital. Which was annoying.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.