HELP!!!!!! Fuji Roubaix acr 3.0

Bigstar100

Aug 17, 2011
Anyone have this bike or have an opinion on it? there is one at a LBS near me that is going for $899. I am thinking of picking it up as my first road bike. If anyone has some input it would be greatly appreciated.

It is a respectable entry level bike, good components and a good company. The price is very good. Just make sure that it is the right size for you. A bike that does not fit is virtually worthless but a bike that fits is golden, as long as you like the ride that it gives. make sure that you test ride it and if it feels good and fits, get it. If it does not fit or if it doesn't feel good to ride, forget it.

Thanks a lot for the input. Now do you have any suggestions as far as any other bikes i should look at?

It's a good starter bike, it is on the heavy side.
Trek, Felt, Scott and Specialized all have good starter bikes. This a great time of the year is a great time to buy. LBS are looking to move '11 bikes to make room of the '12s. I would test as many as you can before you buy.

Felt F95, Specialized Allez, Trek 1.1 and the Scott Speedster. All should be under the 1K mark.

Not to get off topic, but would that or the 1.1 be better. The Roubaix ACR seems to have better components.

Originally Posted by September 18 .

Not to get off topic, but would that or the 1.1 be better. The Roubaix ACR seems to have better components.
That's not getting off topic, it's a very pertinent question. In my opinion, the Trek cuts costs with design and purpose. With Trek you're getting a lighter, better handling frame that mirrors the geometry of the H2 Madones. The workmanship on the frame is also up a notch. And you'll be getting stronger wheels. If you're at all reluctant to buy a bike with 2200-2300 drivetrain, look for a deal on a Sora-equipped 1.2.

Fuji defenders are going to hate me for saying this, but lower end Fujis are not designed, they are configured from parts lists that meet a price point.

The Roubaix ACR is a 2010 model and I should have directed my comments at Fuji's Newest line. My ire had been recently inflamed by having to true up a rear wheel on a Newest 3.0. It was pitiful.

The Roubaix ACR looks like a pretty decent ride. Try several aluminum framed, carbon forked, Sora equipped bikes and buy the one that makes you want to ride it some more. Dave67's list is a good starting point.