Help. Im Shrinking!!!

flyingdutch

New Member
Feb 8, 2004
5,700
Did the half yearly clothes shop on the weekend.

I had to go down 2 pants-sizes!!!

Thought this cycling caper was going to give me BIGGER legs,
not smaller.

So that's now 11kg and 12cm of the waist over
the last 12 months

Apologies for gloating (altho god knows I could lose alot more!)
Just had to share...

"flyingdutch" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Did the half yearly clothes shop on the weekend.
>
> I had to go down 2 pants-sizes!!!
>
> Thought this cycling caper was going to give me BIGGER
> legs, not smaller.
>
> So that's now 11kg and 12cm of the waist over the last
> 12 months
>
> Apologies for gloating (altho god knows I could lose alot
> more!) Just had to share...

a mere amature:) ive gone from 117kg on 10th jan 2003 to
85kg as at today:) 122cm to 96cm waist

diet hasnt changed much..still drink beer (mmm hoegaarden)
but i found the weight loss slowed after i got to about 105

Originally posted by flyingdutch
Did the half yearly clothes shop on the weekend.

I had to go down 2 pants-sizes!!!

Thought this cycling caper was going to give me BIGGER legs,
not smaller.

So that's now 11kg and 12cm of the waist over
the last 12 months

Apologies for gloating (altho god knows I could lose alot more!)
Just had to share...

hehe, good news! Keep it up!

I remember when I first started riding every day that initially there was a period of weight loss... followed by a period of weight gain (5 or more kgs). It was something like a month or 2 in between and pretty obvious in the legs.
Anyway, it seems I can maintain the weight pretty well now... that is, as long as I continue to cycle!

Cheers,
Troy

>Originally posted by flyingdutch
>I had to go down 2 pants-sizes!!!
>So that's now 11kg and 12cm of the waist over
>the last 12 months

*******!

That is all.

hippy :p

Well done.

Same happened to me 100kg down to 83kg. The weird thing
that's happening to me now that I've picked up the pace a
little, doing Criteriums on Thursdays, 80-115km on Saturday
Club training ride and the occasionaly 20km handicap on
Sunday with my commute to work is I dont think I'm eating
enough!! I hit the wall on Saturday and got dropped on the
last of the hills, Sunday was a waste of time, felt sick but
wasnt. I have spent Sunday and yesterday eating like the is
no tomorrow and I woke this morning felling absolutly empty
and my belt was a little looser?????? Anyway have taken a
couple of days off the bike and see how I go with a gentle
ride in to work tomorrow.

Love the weight loss and have always loved the fact that I
can almost eat what I like now but I'm actually finding I
have got to be careful I have enough fuel. I never thought
I'd see the day :)

Cheers to you all.

Gary

"flyingdutch" <[email protected]> wrote in
message news:[email protected]...
> Did the half yearly clothes shop on the weekend.
>
> I had to go down 2 pants-sizes!!!
>
> Thought this cycling caper was going to give me BIGGER
> legs, not smaller.
>
> So that's now 11kg and 12cm of the waist over the last
> 12 months
>
> Apologies for gloating (altho god knows I could lose alot
> more!) Just had to share...
>

> --

Im finding that I can get away with eating/drinking reasonably liberally but the better/stronger i feel the less I get the urge to eat **** or grab that unnecessary second helping.

Drinking lots of water thru the week seems to (pardon the pun) 'flush' the gluggy feeling i used to have and i eat more fruits/greens too. Still have the weekly junk-fix tho (especially if have been on the turps the night before. carbo-loading for the thinking cyclist :D )

Originally posted by hippy
>Originally posted by flyingdutch
>I had to go down 2 pants-sizes!!!
>So that's now 11kg and 12cm of the waist over
>the last 12 months

*******!

That is all.

hippy :p

Im hopin that I can keep it at a similar level
(Im not gonna make any great claims of losing more in the dark months - a lad needs insulation and i lerv guinness!)
so maybe after you have returned a fatty tourist from your euro soujourn I can aspire to keep up with you! :p

>Originally posted by flyingdutch
>Im hopin that I can keep it at a similar level
>(Im not gonna make any great claims of losing more in the dark >months - a lad needs insulation and i lerv guinness!)

Ergh.. horrid black stuff..

>so maybe after you have returned a fatty tourist from
>your euro soujourn I can aspire to keep up with you! :p

It's not fat, it's Downhill Speed Assistance Gel" (tm)
<pats tummy>
and I'm working on building it up during the cold season.

Hopefully, the food is expensive enough and I do enough
walking that I actually lose weight... "yeah right", I'm thinkin'!

hippy

Yes, I am learning what fuels my body and I guess over then
coming weeks/months it'll become clearer.

Might try the water trick though, sounds like it could be
good and as I live in Darwin we do tend to sweat a bit
during a ride :)

"flyingdutch" <[email protected]> wrote in
message news:[email protected]...
> Im finding that I can get away with eating/drinking
> reasonably liberally but the better/stronger i feel the
> less I get the urge to eat **** or grab that unnecessary
> second helping.
>
> Drinking lots of water thru the week seems to (pardon the
> pun) 'flush' the gluggy feeling i used to have and i eat
> more fruits/greens too. Still have the weekly junk-fix tho
> (especially if have been on the turps the night before.
> carbo-loading for the thinking cyclist :D )
>

> --

Originally posted by Gary Perkins
Yes, I am learning what fuels my body and I guess over then
coming weeks/months it'll become clearer.

Might try the water trick though, sounds like it could be
good and as I live in Darwin we do tend to sweat a bit
during a ride :)

it s the airconditioning in the oroffice that drains me!
always turned up way too high. Wouldnt beer work better? :D

On Mon, 29 Mar 2004 06:00:01 +0000, flyingdutch wrote:

> Did the half yearly clothes shop on the weekend.
>
> I had to go down 2 pants-sizes!!!
>
> Thought this cycling caper was going to give me BIGGER
> legs, not smaller.

This is the cool thing about bicycle touring too. We rode
around NL,F & DE living on cheese, wine, hot chips (with
mayonaise in NL... Mmmmm), chocolate custard (Campina
Chocolate Vla), and don't get me started on the Bratwurst...
just about ate constantly

We came home ~10kg lighter, with legs like greyhounds.

-kt

a mere amature:) ive gone from 117kg on 10th jan 2003 to
85kg as at today:) 122cm to 96cm waist

diet hasnt changed much..still drink beer (mmm hoegaarden)
but i found the weight loss slowed after i got to about 105 [/B]

I am humbled in your (ever diminishing) presence!

"Gary Perkins" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Well done.
>
> Same happened to me 100kg down to 83kg. The weird thing
> that's happening
> me now that I've picked up the pace a little, doing
> Criteriums on
Thursdays,
> 80-115km on Saturday Club training ride and the
> occasionaly 20km handicap
on
> Sunday with my commute to work is I dont think I'm eating
> enough!! I hit the wall on Saturday and got dropped on the
> last of the hills, Sunday was
> waste of time, felt sick but wasnt. I have spent Sunday
> and yesterday eating like the is no tomorrow and I woke
> this morning felling absolutly empty and my belt was a
> little looser?????? Anyway have taken a couple of days off
> the bike and see how I go with a gentle ride in to work
> tomorrow.
>
> Love the weight loss and have always loved the fact that I
> can almost eat what I like now but I'm actually finding I
> have got to be careful I have enough fuel. I never thought
> I'd see the day :)
>
> Cheers to you all.
>
> Gary
>

> "flyingdutch" <[email protected]> wrote in
> message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Did the half yearly clothes shop on the weekend.
> >
> > I had to go down 2 pants-sizes!!!
> >
> > Thought this cycling caper was going to give me BIGGER
> > legs, not smaller.
> >
> > So that's now 11kg and 12cm of the waist over the last
> > 12 months
> >
> > Apologies for gloating (altho god knows I could lose
> > alot more!) Just had to share...
> >

> > --

Eeeekk!!!

My first reply after reading 'top-poster's suck' threads and
what do I do!!!!

Please please forgive me!!!!

Bloody funny really because I agree with that top posting is
**** but using Outlook Express at work it is easy to do.
Anyway I just thought it was amusing.

Cheers Gary

"flyingdutch" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> wrote:
> > a mere amature:) ive gone from 117kg on 10th jan 2003
> > to 85kg as at today:) 122cm to 96cm waist diet hasnt
> > changed much..still drink beer (mmm hoegaarden) but i
> > found the weight loss slowed after i got to about 105
>

> I am humbled in your (ever diminishing) presence!

the clothes thing is an issue:( ive got 4 perfectly good
pair of jeans which are now far too big and a decent belt to
go with it.. but as a mate of mine said when i complained to
him about it "no one is going to feel sympathy for you"

i think ive put some weight back on this week. i've been
without my bike and had to sit in a room all day during a
course (not to mention having large lunches, cake for
morning / afternoon breaks provided)

but i have the bike back now (with new wheels!) and back to
commuting to work tomorrow!

has anyone noticed that generally when your putting
(stacking) weight on..no one really makes a comment about
it..but when you lose a bunch of weight, everyone wants to
make a comment? surely if the trend was reversed, we'd take
more notice of people saying "hey, you could lose some
weight off your ****" and do something about it before the
weight really became an issue?

Gary Perkins <[email protected]> wrote in message Kypac.132334$Wa.92461@news-
server.bigpond.net.au

[...]

> Bloody funny really because I agree with that top
> posting is **** but using Outlook Express at work it is
> easy to do.

"I'm proud that I live in a country where witnessing two
hours of bloody, barbarous torture in gloating detail is
considered indicia of religious piety, whereas a mere second
gazing upon a woman's breast is cause for outraged
apoplexy." Betty Bowers,
http://www.bettybowers.com/melgibsonpassion.html

[QUOTEhas anyone noticed that generally when your putting
(stacking) weight on..no one really makes a comment about
it..but when you lose a bunch of weight, everyone wants to
make a comment? surely if the trend was reversed, we'd take
more notice of people saying "hey, you could lose some
weight off your ****" and do something about it before the
weight really became an issue? [/B][/QUOTE]

My daughter mentioned a nickname they have at school.

"FatCrab"

refers to a kid who resembles a crab cos their right thumb is so over-developed from gaming that they resemble said creature and is noticeably 'horizontally' challenged

Ah, the subtle symantics of the school yard. The man-of-steel wouldnt last a day...
(then again i suspect he makes us all pay for being bullied at school)

On Wed, 31 Mar 2004 08:25:14 +0000, dejonica wrote:

> has anyone noticed that generally when your putting
> (stacking) weight on..no one really makes a comment about
> it..but when you lose a bunch of weight, everyone wants to
> make a comment? surely if the trend was reversed, we'd
> take more notice of people saying "hey, you could lose
> some weight off your ****" and do something about it
> before the weight really became an issue?

Uh-huh... Try it out on your SO, let us know how it goes!

-kt