Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

Help me eval. my heartrate data

Started by prometheus7 · · Last activity · 23 posts · 750 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
30 June 2006
Last activity
4 July 2006
Original author
prometheus7
Posts
23
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
750
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 21–23 of 23
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. you seem in good shape for your age

    yuor HR is high COMPARED to the 'average'
    that average is a load of average

    changed avg HR per ride is very common also
    / heva a couple of realllllly black coffees before you ride and find
    out

    since you know your HR from childhood you're ok

    you know the HR of Armtrong ? now there is a mutant turtle

    it's where you are in the bellcurve of genetics
    the 'cardio' machine stickers in the gym are therefore something to
    completely ignore when you know you own natural HR,
    for this off course you have to observe and compare you HR for a
    longer period

    mt

    Javier said:

    So you guys got me thinking and here's a question concerning my own
    heart rate. I think its good news but it's always nice to double check.
    In the past I was averaging 136 BPM during my usual training loop which
    consisted of multiple long or steep climbs and long flats. I used to
    push a cadence of approximately 100 rpm and my avg speed was about 15 -
    16 MPH.

    As of this Saturday I found myself using a slightly higher gear (one
    cog smaller). But I was still pushing 100 rpm, however my average MPH
    was 18-22 MPH and my average HR is now 131.

    My climbing HR also dropped from 146BPM to 136-140 but I'm climbing
    faster or in a higher gear.

    Also, I noticed that a few weeks ago I could push to 151bpm on a flat
    for 8 miles and I would be slightly out of breath. Now I noticed that
    at 151 bpm the only thing I feel is a little burn in my quads.

    Javier

    prometheus7 said:

    I recently purchased a heart rate meter. Now, I'm trying to understand how
    to characterize my "health/performance" by looking at the stats. I would
    appreciate any help about how you might interpret the following: (I'll make
    the stupid comment on this eve before the Tour for those who want to be
    funny....yes I suck compared to a pro racer):

    Age 45
    Weight 148
    One hour ride: 16.6 mph
    Max. HR: 186
    Avg.: 171
    kcal 1276

    The ride had some hills, but mainly interupted by intersections.

    Thanks

  2. RonSonic said:
    Quoted message said:


    Bill Sornson said:

    Sandy wrote:

    > Perhaps you only wanted us to match numbers with you ?
    > Measuring penis size next ? Maybe yours factors into your drag
    > coefficient. I'll be sooooooo impressed.

    If it does, it's a drag. If it doesn't, well, that's a drag too.

    Slow Morning Sorni

    I thought the shorts were to keep it from dragging.

    I have to wear knickers year 'round.

    Those pockets on my socks ain't for house keys.

    BS (well...)

  3. I thought when I re-started that my HR was getting up there, so I
    talked to my doctor. She set me up with a stress test, just to see if
    there was any cause for concern. Not, in my case.

    Now my resting HR is starting to decrease, a year later, and certain
    rides are much easier than before.

    I do have trouble believing the various formulas, charts, and graphs
    for Max HR, they are all over the place, and they don't even agree
    within the same publication, in some cases. I'm thinking of having it
    tested.

    I don't think it would make any sense to actually compare numbers, but
    your HR does seem high, and I know I would not be comfortable working
    for an hour at such a high percentage of my MaxHR, if that's what it
    is.

    See a doctor if you're uncertain, it's the best thing for your health.
    You want to keep riding for another 40 years, right?

    Ken (53 yo, back to biking for 2 years!!!)

    "prometheus7" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I recently purchased a heart rate meter. Now, I'm trying to
    understand how
    to characterize my "health/performance" by looking at the stats. I
    would
    appreciate any help about how you might interpret the following:
    (I'll make
    the stupid comment on this eve before the Tour for those who want to
    be
    funny....yes I suck compared to a pro racer):

    Age 45
    Weight 148
    One hour ride: 16.6 mph
    Max. HR: 186
    Avg.: 171
    kcal 1276

    The ride had some hills, but mainly interupted by intersections.

    Thanks

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.