Bleve said:
dtmeister said:Either I've missed your post, or you haven't told us how the new bike
is. As a fellow trekky, I'm interested!
Bearing in mind that I have "I spent a lot of money on it,
so it's good"itis at the moment, it's bloody ace.
🙂 Yeah, know that feeling.
Quoted message said:The 1400 has Mavic open pro and DT Hugi wheels, which are good kit,
but the Bontrager racelites maybe make a difference? They're certainly
a lot more aerodynamic. Most of the time for me that makes no
difference (me, on the front? Only at the last 5 metres 🙂 )
My 2300 has the same wheels I think. The only thing I've noticed is a
slight increase in the effects of crosswinds due to the bladed spokes.
So far they've kept true which impresses me for factory wheels. I've
noticed the overall weight reduction (mine is a 63cm and seems to weigh
close on 9kg) over anything else I've ridden - I find I love accelerating
because it _seems_ so much snappier.
Quoted message said:
I'm looking forward to doing some hillsprints on it, then
I'll know how solid it is, but for now, two thumbs up, and every
dollar well spent.
Yes, I'm jealous. Oh well, I did okay. I initially wanted a 2005 1400.
LBS said no problems, have one in 2 weeks. 3 months later, nothing and
they couldn't even tell when they were likely to get one. After much
messing around they ended up giving me the 2300 for $600 more than
the 1400.
Quoted message said:Did you see the photos? They don't do it justice, as the
colours don't show up well, but they're here anyway :
Yeah I did - they're too small. 🙂 I did manage to make out your name on
the top tube. Here's a picture of mine (from the trek site). Initially
didn't like the colours, but it's growing on me.
http://www.trekbikes.com/images/bikes/2004/road/large/2300.jpg
--
..dt
1996 Diamond Back 'Expert Tg' Roadie (7spd DT shifters, favourite bike!)
2004 Trek 2300 Roadie (9spd Ultegra)
2003 DiamondBack 'Criterium' Roadie (8spd Sora, rain bike)