Hot Foot

First, try moving your cleats back toward your heels some (if you're using clipless pedals.) Next, try loosening your shoes, followed by looser shorts.

blazingpedals said:
First, try moving your cleats back toward your heels some (if you're using clipless pedals.) Next, try loosening your shoes, followed by looser shorts.
If he removes his shorts alltogether he probably won't even notice the hotspots.

No really. Thinner socks, no black socks (Black absorbs heat), loosen your shoes, try some different insoles, then try cutting out the area of that insole directly below the area that burns. Go to a Podiatrist and get an Orthotic made for you. The Orthotic should do it if nothing else does. I may go that route myself.

Really Blazingpedals, telling the poor guy to loosen his shorts.

NORECUMYET said:
If he removes his shorts alltogether he probably won't even notice the hotspots.

No really. Thinner socks, no black socks (Black absorbs heat), loosen your shoes, try some different insoles, then try cutting out the area of that insole directly below the area that burns. Go to a Podiatrist and get an Orthotic made for you. The Orthotic should do it if nothing else does. I may go that route myself.

Really Blazingpedals, telling the poor guy to loosen his shorts.
Loosening my shoe's straps helped me.

I'm on my third pair of shoes...from Cannondale Mtn to Specialized Spinning to Sidi Bullett Mtb...still getting the hot foot especially on the right foot....in all three cases. I'm thinking the spd pedals create too much pressure in a smaller area of the foot ant that a road pedal would probably help in my case.

When you size a shoe go make sure the arch in the show fits. Don't pay as much attention to overall length. If the arch is too short you can go numb or get hot foot. Good luck