Don Whybrow said:POHB said:The Hovis London Freewheel (Sun 23 Sept) site has been updated.
I particularly like the training program: http://www.londonfreewheel.com/bike/yourself.aspHelp! my bike failed the health check. I have no tread on my tyres.
Unfortunately, that''s not the worst bit of advice on the maintenance
page. Let's start with:
"SPOKES
The spokes on your bike should all be equally tensioned and there
shouldn't be any missing. Getting the tension right is fairly simple -
just twist them a little until they feel right. If your wheel's bent
or untrue though, it could get a little trickier so it might be useful
to take the wheel into a bike shop.
If you have missing spokes, you'll most likely need to replace the
whole wheel. "
Making the spoke tensions even is a) not that simple, and b) almost
guaranteed to make your wheel bend! You also don't need to replace the
wheel just for a missing spoke.
And for saddle height:
"Ideally, when you sit on the saddle, both of your feet should be
touching the ground with your legs straight, and your heels slightly
raised"
I'll leave someone else to comment. Nick Mc?
TL