How far do folk cycle to work

MIB wrote:
> Hi there
>
> Newbie question.
>
> How far do most folk cycle to work.

Somewhere between 2.9 miles (Direct) - 12 miles (Indirect). The route
depends on how tired I am, how much time I've allowed to get to work and
what the weather is like.

Jon

MIB wrote:
> Hi there
>
> Newbie question.
>
> How far do most folk cycle to work.
>
> If I travelled by bike it would be 14 miles give or take and non of this
> would be off road, basically Seaham to Gateshead via Sunderland. The A19 is
> bad enough in a car so a bike is certainly out of the equation via the A19
> route.

How about just Seaham to Sunderland by the coast road and then a Metro
into Gateshead? Of course this would mean locking a bike up all day in
Sunderland! As this journey would be a flattish 6 miles you could even
use a folding bike and take it on the Metro and then cycle the final bit
in Gateshead.

Colin

MIB <[email protected]> whizzed past me shouting
>Hi there
>
>Newbie question.
>
>How far do most folk cycle to work.

12.5 minutes door to door.
Maybe 10 minutes if I jump all the traffic lights.
18 minutes home again because it's uphill.

--
Sue ];:))

"MIB" <[email protected]> writes:

> Hi there
>
> Newbie question.
>
> How far do most folk cycle to work.

6 miles round trip minimum. Takes about 25 minutes usually but a
little less if I'm particularly well motivated.

Chris
--
Chris Eilbeck
MARS Flight Crew http://www.mars.org.uk/