...How Much is Gas in your Area...? ? ?

fifty five

Guest
Oil hit $55 per barrel and is only expected to go higher.

So how much are you paying at the gas pump???

Will you be driving anywhere this spring or summer?

here in Maryland, I paid $2.11 this afternoon for a fill up.

rich

"fifty five" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Oil hit $55 per barrel and is only expected to go higher.
>
> So how much are you paying at the gas pump???
>
> Will you be driving anywhere this spring or summer?

> So how much are you paying at the gas pump???

$1.86 last night for unleaded... near work it's $1.95 which is Tampa.

--
~*~ Keeper of Monica Bellucci ~*~

Rich wrote:
> here in Maryland, I paid $2.11 this afternoon for a fill up.
>
> rich

For those ouside the US, this is for about four liters and we think it's
high.

On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 01:29:09 GMT, "Mike Painter"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Rich wrote:
>> here in Maryland, I paid $2.11 this afternoon for a fill up.
>>
>> rich

>For those ouside the US, this is for about four liters and we think it's
>high.

Yeah, it's like 5-6 bucks a gallon in Europe, isn't it? How do we get
the cheaper prices?

fifty five wrote:
> Oil hit $55 per barrel and is only expected to go higher.
>
> So how much are you paying at the gas pump???
>
> Will you be driving anywhere this spring or summer?

$2 per gallon here (actually, it's going up and down between $1.98 and
$2.05.)

I'm planning a several thousand mile drive this summer with DD. Going
to visit relatives in Texas, then to Southern Colorado for a couple of
days, then Bryce Canyon/North Rim of Grand Canyon/Zion Nat'l Park area,
then Yellowstone, then back home to Minnesota. If gas prices go much
higher I may have to scale the trip back a little.

Best regards,
Bob

fifty five wrote:
> Oil hit $55 per barrel and is only expected to go higher.
>
> So how much are you paying at the gas pump???
>
> Will you be driving anywhere this spring or summer?

Here in southern NV, we're paying $2.15 for regular.
--

Chaos, panic and disorder . . . my work here is done.

Friendship is like pissing in your pants. Everyone can see it,
but only you can feel its true warmth.

Keeper of Jeremy Piven & George Newbern

zxcvbob wrote:
> fifty five wrote:
> > Oil hit $55 per barrel and is only expected to go higher.
> >
> > So how much are you paying at the gas pump???
> >
> > Will you be driving anywhere this spring or summer?
> >

> $2 per gallon here (actually, it's going up and down between $1.98

and
> $2.05.)
>
> I'm planning a several thousand mile drive this summer with DD.

Going
> to visit relatives in Texas, then to Southern Colorado for a couple

of
> days, then Bryce Canyon/North Rim of Grand Canyon/Zion Nat'l Park

area,
> then Yellowstone, then back home to Minnesota. If gas prices go much

> higher I may have to scale the trip back a little.

You're talking some 6,000 miles... fuel cost would depend on your
vehicle's gas mileage... sometimes it's less expensive to leave your
gas guzzler at home and to rent a miserly vehicle, and you won't put
all those miles on your own vehicle, plus those kind of trips are often
really hard mileage journeys... run into a bit of hail or a quickie
sand storm and you'll wish it were a rental... been there (many times),
done that (many times), I know precisely what I'm talking about.

Sheldon

San Diego ---for regular--$2.47
Premium-- #2.77

S.D. is notorious for being gouged for gas prices.

Nancree

Terwilliger <[email protected]> wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 01:29:09 GMT, "Mike Painter"
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>Rich wrote:
>>> here in Maryland, I paid $2.11 this afternoon for a fill up.
>>>
>>> rich

>>For those ouside the US, this is for about four liters and we think
>>it's high.
>>

> Yeah, it's like 5-6 bucks a gallon in Europe, isn't it? How do we get
> the cheaper prices?

Um, we invade oil-rich nations?

Was this a trick question?

Chris

a.a.2186
still sig-less
Look out Venezuela!

1.76 and yes, we are going to the beach!

Sheldon wrote:
> zxcvbob wrote:
>
>>fifty five wrote:
>>
>>>Oil hit $55 per barrel and is only expected to go higher.
>>>
>>>So how much are you paying at the gas pump???
>>>
>>>Will you be driving anywhere this spring or summer?
>>>

>>$2 per gallon here (actually, it's going up and down between $1.98

> and
>
>>$2.05.)
>>
>>I'm planning a several thousand mile drive this summer with DD.

> Going
>
>>to visit relatives in Texas, then to Southern Colorado for a couple

> of
>
>>days, then Bryce Canyon/North Rim of Grand Canyon/Zion Nat'l Park

> area,
>
>>then Yellowstone, then back home to Minnesota. If gas prices go much

>>higher I may have to scale the trip back a little.

> You're talking some 6,000 miles... fuel cost would depend on your
> vehicle's gas mileage... sometimes it's less expensive to leave your
> gas guzzler at home and to rent a miserly vehicle, and you won't put
> all those miles on your own vehicle, plus those kind of trips are often
> really hard mileage journeys... run into a bit of hail or a quickie
> sand storm and you'll wish it were a rental... been there (many times),
> done that (many times), I know precisely what I'm talking about.
>
> Sheldon

I figure I'll take the Buick; it looks like a gas guzzler, but it gets
almost 30 miles per gallon on long trips, and it's comfortable to drive.
And I think the whole trip is "only" 4500 miles. (The round trip to
Houston is about 2400 miles.)

Also, DD will have her driving permit by then but not her license. I
want to look into whether she can legally drive in other states or not;
I'm pretty sure any rental car agreement would not let her drive. Even
if the permit is only good in MN, there's several hours of driving that
she could do at the beginning and end of the trip.

Depending on the price of gas and the price of discount plane tickets,
we might fly to Houston for a few days and then fly back to MN. Then
drive to Yellowstone for a week and forget about the Utah part.

Some day I want to fly out to Las Vegas or Denver and rent a Jeep
Cherokee for a week and go prowling around the badlands or high country
on the 4WD roads. You definately don't want to take your own car on
some of those roads! (It's kind of funny to go into trip planning
software and tell it you want to go from Aspen Colorado to Crested
Butte. Some of the local roads it will try to send you down over the
Elk Mountains are barely passible by horse.)

Best regards,
Bob

On 09 Mar 2005, fifty five dropped trou, farted, whirled, then shouted:

> Oil hit $55 per barrel and is only expected to go higher.
>
> So how much are you paying at the gas pump???
>
> Will you be driving anywhere this spring or summer?

I have to commute 70 miles a day. The train is too expensive, and ticket
prices go up with gas increases. I paid 2.34 per gallon tonight, but I
only bought 2.5 gallons. I ride a motorcycle now, which has rolled gas
prices back to the 1970s for me. :)

Last weekend I took a trip up to San Francisco (from Los Angeles), and
put 900 miles on the bike. Not only was it fun (we found some *****en'
back roads), but I was averaging 40 miles per gallon on a vehicle that
will keep pace with some cars with brawny V-8s. Yeehaw!

What, me worry?

--
Vic Sagerquist
aa#2011

Plonked by Jason Gastrich for all eternity...
______________

As you were, I was. As I am, you will be.
--- Hunter S. Thompson

"fifty five" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Oil hit $55 per barrel and is only expected to go higher.
>
> So how much are you paying at the gas pump???

~$1.75 for Regular Unleaded, here in the Houston area.

> Will you be driving anywhere this spring or summer?

Yeah--to the airport, as we'll be traveling by air.

Mary--owns a Prius

zxcvbob wrote:

> I figure I'll take the Buick; it looks like a gas guzzler, but it gets
> almost 30 miles per gallon on long trips, and it's comfortable to drive.
> And I think the whole trip is "only" 4500 miles. (The round trip to
> Houston is about 2400 miles.)

I bought my mother's 97 Buick last fall when she had to give up her licence.
That car gets to 35 mpg.

$1.85 yesterday when I filled up my truck here in DFW, Texas.

I get a kick out of the complaining about gas prices. the news really gets
people worked up. with the rate of inflation gas prices are at a record low. it
should be way more money then it is.

--
Knight-Toolworks & Custom Planes

On Wed 09 Mar 2005 09:28:38p, Steve Knight wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> I get a kick out of the complaining about gas prices. the news really
> gets people worked up. with the rate of inflation gas prices are at a
> record low. it should be way more money then it is.

Be that as it may, if you drive a long distance to work, it takes a big bite
out of the budget. I paid 1.99/gal tonight here in Phoenix, probably the
lowest price in the area. I've seen many stations at 2.09 and above.

--
Wayne Boatwright

Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974

fifty five wrote:

>Oil hit $55 per barrel and is only expected to go higher.
>
>So how much are you paying at the gas pump???
>
>Will you be driving anywhere this spring or summer?

In Vancouver, western Canada, anything below 90 (Canadian)
cents per litre would be a miracle worthy of reporting to the
Vatican. Conversion to USD/gallon is left as an exercise for
the student. This is still laughably low to anyone from Europe.
We'll get used to it.