...How Much is Gas in your Area...? ? ?

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by fifty five, Mar 9, 2005.

  1. fifty five

    fifty five Guest

    Oil hit $55 per barrel and is only expected to go higher.

    So how much are you paying at the gas pump???

    Will you be driving anywhere this spring or summer?

    Tags:

  2. Rich

    Rich Guest

    here in Maryland, I paid $2.11 this afternoon for a fill up.

    rich

    "fifty five" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Oil hit $55 per barrel and is only expected to go higher.
    >
    > So how much are you paying at the gas pump???
    >
    > Will you be driving anywhere this spring or summer?

  3. ANIM8Rfsk

    ANIM8Rfsk Guest

    in article [email protected], fifty five at [email protected]
    wrote on 3/9/05 5:15 PM:

    > Will you be driving anywhere this spring or summer?

    no, we'll be watching tv, because IT'S ON TOPIC

  4. > So how much are you paying at the gas pump???

    $1.86 last night for unleaded... near work it's $1.95 which is Tampa.

    --
    ~*~ Keeper of Monica Bellucci ~*~

  5. Mike Painter

    Mike Painter Guest

    Rich wrote:
    > here in Maryland, I paid $2.11 this afternoon for a fill up.
    >
    > rich

    For those ouside the US, this is for about four liters and we think it's
    high.

  6. Terwilliger

    Terwilliger Guest

    On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 01:29:09 GMT, "Mike Painter"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Rich wrote:
    >> here in Maryland, I paid $2.11 this afternoon for a fill up.
    >>
    >> rich

    >For those ouside the US, this is for about four liters and we think it's
    >high.

    Yeah, it's like 5-6 bucks a gallon in Europe, isn't it? How do we get
    the cheaper prices?

  7. zxcvbob

    zxcvbob Guest

    fifty five wrote:
    > Oil hit $55 per barrel and is only expected to go higher.
    >
    > So how much are you paying at the gas pump???
    >
    > Will you be driving anywhere this spring or summer?

    $2 per gallon here (actually, it's going up and down between $1.98 and
    $2.05.)

    I'm planning a several thousand mile drive this summer with DD. Going
    to visit relatives in Texas, then to Southern Colorado for a couple of
    days, then Bryce Canyon/North Rim of Grand Canyon/Zion Nat'l Park area,
    then Yellowstone, then back home to Minnesota. If gas prices go much
    higher I may have to scale the trip back a little.

    Best regards,
    Bob

  8. mari

    mari Guest

    fifty five wrote:
    > Oil hit $55 per barrel and is only expected to go higher.
    >
    > So how much are you paying at the gas pump???
    >
    > Will you be driving anywhere this spring or summer?

    Here in southern NV, we're paying $2.15 for regular.
    --

    Chaos, panic and disorder . . . my work here is done.

    Friendship is like pissing in your pants. Everyone can see it,
    but only you can feel its true warmth.

    Keeper of Jeremy Piven & George Newbern

  9. Sheldon

    Sheldon Guest

    zxcvbob wrote:
    > fifty five wrote:
    > > Oil hit $55 per barrel and is only expected to go higher.
    > >
    > > So how much are you paying at the gas pump???
    > >
    > > Will you be driving anywhere this spring or summer?
    > >

    > $2 per gallon here (actually, it's going up and down between $1.98

    and
    > $2.05.)
    >
    > I'm planning a several thousand mile drive this summer with DD.

    Going
    > to visit relatives in Texas, then to Southern Colorado for a couple

    of
    > days, then Bryce Canyon/North Rim of Grand Canyon/Zion Nat'l Park

    area,
    > then Yellowstone, then back home to Minnesota. If gas prices go much

    > higher I may have to scale the trip back a little.

    You're talking some 6,000 miles... fuel cost would depend on your
    vehicle's gas mileage... sometimes it's less expensive to leave your
    gas guzzler at home and to rent a miserly vehicle, and you won't put
    all those miles on your own vehicle, plus those kind of trips are often
    really hard mileage journeys... run into a bit of hail or a quickie
    sand storm and you'll wish it were a rental... been there (many times),
    done that (many times), I know precisely what I'm talking about.

    Sheldon

  10. nancree

    nancree Guest

    San Diego ---for regular--$2.47
    Premium-- #2.77

    S.D. is notorious for being gouged for gas prices.

    Nancree

  11. Terwilliger <[email protected]> wrote in
    news:[email protected]:

    > On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 01:29:09 GMT, "Mike Painter"
    > <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >>Rich wrote:
    >>> here in Maryland, I paid $2.11 this afternoon for a fill up.
    >>>
    >>> rich

    >>For those ouside the US, this is for about four liters and we think
    >>it's high.
    >>

    > Yeah, it's like 5-6 bucks a gallon in Europe, isn't it? How do we get
    > the cheaper prices?

    Um, we invade oil-rich nations?

    Was this a trick question?

    Chris

    a.a.2186
    still sig-less
    Look out Venezuela!

  12. PIPER

    PIPER Guest

    1.76 and yes, we are going to the beach!

    "fifty five" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Oil hit $55 per barrel and is only expected to go higher.
    >
    > So how much are you paying at the gas pump???
    >
    > Will you be driving anywhere this spring or summer?

  13. zxcvbob

    zxcvbob Guest

    Sheldon wrote:
    > zxcvbob wrote:
    >
    >>fifty five wrote:
    >>
    >>>Oil hit $55 per barrel and is only expected to go higher.
    >>>
    >>>So how much are you paying at the gas pump???
    >>>
    >>>Will you be driving anywhere this spring or summer?
    >>>

    >>$2 per gallon here (actually, it's going up and down between $1.98

    > and
    >
    >>$2.05.)
    >>
    >>I'm planning a several thousand mile drive this summer with DD.

    > Going
    >
    >>to visit relatives in Texas, then to Southern Colorado for a couple

    > of
    >
    >>days, then Bryce Canyon/North Rim of Grand Canyon/Zion Nat'l Park

    > area,
    >
    >>then Yellowstone, then back home to Minnesota. If gas prices go much

    >>higher I may have to scale the trip back a little.

    > You're talking some 6,000 miles... fuel cost would depend on your
    > vehicle's gas mileage... sometimes it's less expensive to leave your
    > gas guzzler at home and to rent a miserly vehicle, and you won't put
    > all those miles on your own vehicle, plus those kind of trips are often
    > really hard mileage journeys... run into a bit of hail or a quickie
    > sand storm and you'll wish it were a rental... been there (many times),
    > done that (many times), I know precisely what I'm talking about.
    >
    > Sheldon

    I figure I'll take the Buick; it looks like a gas guzzler, but it gets
    almost 30 miles per gallon on long trips, and it's comfortable to drive.
    And I think the whole trip is "only" 4500 miles. (The round trip to
    Houston is about 2400 miles.)

    Also, DD will have her driving permit by then but not her license. I
    want to look into whether she can legally drive in other states or not;
    I'm pretty sure any rental car agreement would not let her drive. Even
    if the permit is only good in MN, there's several hours of driving that
    she could do at the beginning and end of the trip.

    Depending on the price of gas and the price of discount plane tickets,
    we might fly to Houston for a few days and then fly back to MN. Then
    drive to Yellowstone for a week and forget about the Utah part.

    Some day I want to fly out to Las Vegas or Denver and rent a Jeep
    Cherokee for a week and go prowling around the badlands or high country
    on the 4WD roads. You definately don't want to take your own car on
    some of those roads! (It's kind of funny to go into trip planning
    software and tell it you want to go from Aspen Colorado to Crested
    Butte. Some of the local roads it will try to send you down over the
    Elk Mountains are barely passible by horse.)

    Best regards,
    Bob

  14. On 09 Mar 2005, fifty five dropped trou, farted, whirled, then shouted:

    > Oil hit $55 per barrel and is only expected to go higher.
    >
    > So how much are you paying at the gas pump???
    >
    > Will you be driving anywhere this spring or summer?

    I have to commute 70 miles a day. The train is too expensive, and ticket
    prices go up with gas increases. I paid 2.34 per gallon tonight, but I
    only bought 2.5 gallons. I ride a motorcycle now, which has rolled gas
    prices back to the 1970s for me. :)

    Last weekend I took a trip up to San Francisco (from Los Angeles), and
    put 900 miles on the bike. Not only was it fun (we found some bitchen'
    back roads), but I was averaging 40 miles per gallon on a vehicle that
    will keep pace with some cars with brawny V-8s. Yeehaw!

    What, me worry?

    --
    Vic Sagerquist
    aa#2011

    Plonked by Jason Gastrich for all eternity...
    ______________

    As you were, I was. As I am, you will be.
    --- Hunter S. Thompson

  15. MareCat

    MareCat Guest

    "fifty five" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Oil hit $55 per barrel and is only expected to go higher.
    >
    > So how much are you paying at the gas pump???

    ~$1.75 for Regular Unleaded, here in the Houston area.

    > Will you be driving anywhere this spring or summer?

    Yeah--to the airport, as we'll be traveling by air.

    Mary--owns a Prius

  16. Dave Smith

    Dave Smith Guest

    zxcvbob wrote:

    > I figure I'll take the Buick; it looks like a gas guzzler, but it gets
    > almost 30 miles per gallon on long trips, and it's comfortable to drive.
    > And I think the whole trip is "only" 4500 miles. (The round trip to
    > Houston is about 2400 miles.)

    I bought my mother's 97 Buick last fall when she had to give up her licence.
    That car gets to 35 mpg.

  17. Schism

    Schism Guest

    $1.85 yesterday when I filled up my truck here in DFW, Texas.

  18. Steve Knight

    Steve Knight Guest

    I get a kick out of the complaining about gas prices. the news really gets
    people worked up. with the rate of inflation gas prices are at a record low. it
    should be way more money then it is.

    --
    Knight-Toolworks & Custom Planes

  19. On Wed 09 Mar 2005 09:28:38p, Steve Knight wrote in rec.food.cooking:

    > I get a kick out of the complaining about gas prices. the news really
    > gets people worked up. with the rate of inflation gas prices are at a
    > record low. it should be way more money then it is.

    Be that as it may, if you drive a long distance to work, it takes a big bite
    out of the budget. I paid 1.99/gal tonight here in Phoenix, probably the
    lowest price in the area. I've seen many stations at 2.09 and above.

    --
    Wayne Boatwright

    Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974

  20. fifty five wrote:

    >Oil hit $55 per barrel and is only expected to go higher.
    >
    >So how much are you paying at the gas pump???
    >
    >Will you be driving anywhere this spring or summer?

    In Vancouver, western Canada, anything below 90 (Canadian)
    cents per litre would be a miracle worthy of reporting to the
    Vatican. Conversion to USD/gallon is left as an exercise for
    the student. This is still laughably low to anyone from Europe.
    We'll get used to it.