how much is this 81 olmo competition circa super record worth?

salvador lopez

Mar 31, 2013
ive had this bike for twenty years....ive always used my cannodale....but need to know if u could help me with its value......please any input is appreciated...

Attachments

• 079.JPG
    079.JPG
    259.2 KB · Views: 23
  • 112.JPG
    112.JPG
    253.5 KB · Views: 17
  • 095.JPG
    095.JPG
    199.9 KB · Views: 16
  • 083.JPG
    083.JPG
    210.9 KB · Views: 14
  • 081.JPG
    081.JPG
    257.6 KB · Views: 13
  • 086.JPG
    086.JPG
    207.8 KB · Views: 17
  • 092.JPG
    092.JPG
    214.4 KB · Views: 13
  • 103.JPG
    103.JPG
    231.2 KB · Views: 12
  • 084.JPG
    084.JPG
    210 KB · Views: 16
  • 099.JPG
    099.JPG
    230.6 KB · Views: 19
  • 071.JPG
    071.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 33
  • 086.JPG
    086.JPG
    207.8 KB · Views: 11
I'd give you $50 for it, but I don't have any special nostalgia for old bikes. There are folks out there who go nuts for old Olmos, and they might shell out $200-500 for it. If you really want an idea of street value, your best bet is probably to check ended auctions for similar bikes on eBay.

Originally Posted by salvador lopez .

ive had this bike for twenty years....ive always used my cannodale....but need to know if u could help me with its value......please any input is appreciated...

That's a nice bike ... or, it certainly was at one time.

Although you may not have ridden the bike too much, it does show some signs of neglect or indifferent storage ...

But, in its current condition, the bike is easily worth $400-to-$450 ...

• to the right buyer, the frame, alone, could be valued at almost $400 +/- ... even a comparatively plebeian, vintage steel frameset should command over $100, IMO ...
  • because, for the unwashed masses who just don't know, a modern steel frame which would replicate your Olmo would cost over $1000 ... a replica ([COLOR= #ff0000]re-issue[/COLOR]) OLMO Sintesi steel frameset retails for about $1400+
  • I think the Colnago Master X-Lite steel frameset currently retails for about (?) $2000
[*] and, if someone wanted a super-duper custom steel frame built, then it could easily cost over $2000
[*] I never quite got into pantographed components ([COLOR= #808080]probably because I couldn't afford the premium[/COLOR]), but for some people it is a big deal ...

So if it showed less neglect ([COLOR= #006400]that is, if you cleaned it up and/or parted the components out[/COLOR]), you could probably double that without looking too far for a buyer.

Don't be in a hurry to sell the bike ... I recommend, FWIW, that you clean it up & wait for the right buyer.

Check www.classicrendezvous.com.

It 'would' have been worth $50, But someone put that shimaNO rear derailleur on it...therefore...$25.I feel badly about the offer, so I'll give you $50 for the Rolls.

Seriously, in my area and in the condition it's in, maybe $400-$500.

well its either the rolls or the olmo....my wife is at war with all my red toys buy i can get 1200t i detailed the hell of the bike and knop it loks like new.... is that rteasonable
?
thanks having proffesional detail and looking for derailer nd brake handles

the shimano components were top of the line when this bike was new they were put in as an upgrade for the olimpic rus.....and they artre slowly becoming way more expensive than campi equivalents.....

"well its either the rolls or the olmo....my wife is at war with all my red toys..."

Ah. I was once in your position.

I sold the wife and kept the toys.

Bought a younger, better looking wife with more money and less *****ing.

you know that could be an optio ,,,,giving serious thought.........thanks for reminding me......hahaha........love this forum