I discovered an AWESOME floor pump

Rick_G

Jul 30, 2006
I have been using a Park floor pump. It's a cheap pump that works OK.

Well I went on a bike tour this week (NapaValleyBikeTours.com) and I inflated the tires on their bike before we took off. I grabbed their pump and filled the tires. Oh my goodness! I have never experienced such a nice pump. I've used the Park and about a half dozen other floor pumps. Nothing I've used compares to the pump I used in Napa. It didn't GRAB the valve like so many other pumps that frequently rip valves out of tube. It didn't leak air. It engaged the presta valve on contact. And it pumped the tires to full capacity with a few easy strokes.

Ready for the brand of the pump I discovered???
It was the Topeak Joe Blow Pro...

D_245%20TOPJB1.gif

Needless to say, I came home and went online and ordered myself one.
Here's where I found one...

http://www.pricepoint.com/detail/11582-245_TOPJB1-0-Search--/Topeak-Joe-Blow-Pro-Floor-Pump-w_-Smart-Head.htm

If you're interested in a KILLER pump, you might want to check out the Topeak pump. It's the Mercedes of pumps IMHO.

P.S. BTW if any of you would like to go on a cool bike tour through the Wine Country... check out http://www.NapaValleyBikeTours.com They have rides through the valley stopping at wineries along the way. Any items you purchase gets picked up by the support van. They take you to smaller high end wineries. They have fairly decent road bikes, just bring your own pedals and shoes. The wine is great, and the ride is fun. We've done it twice and I'd highly recommend it
smile.gif

Hi Rick,

I agree, bloddy good pump!

I was in the LBS the other day having a wine about the head on my cheap Tioga. There was a Blonde Lady (50s) with a similar problem with her Presta Valves. The shop proprietor was explaining all the virtues of the new "Smart Head". She then asked if the "smart head" unscrewed and rescrewed the presta valve lock nuts. :rolleyes:

Yes, I've got this pump and it's terrific. It's also the only pump I could find that fits neatly into the air-valve cutouts in Hed trispokes.

I own a Topeak Joe Blow, not the Pro, and it's a great pump for the one excetion. The hose is neopream and it developed a few checks and cracks along the section that curves over the handle for storage and I can not find anything to replace it with. Hate to buy another pump because of the hose, but I may just have to. Grrrr :(