I hate the tour de France

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Callistus Valerius, Mar 19, 2006.

  1. I know, I got sucked into it for about 7 years, until I realized how
    foolish I had been. The Tour is a circus, it's not real. Pro-Wrestling
    anyone, remember when you found out, it wasn't real? They put on a pretty
    good show, but athletic competition, it ain't.

    Tags:

  2. C A III A

    C A III A Guest

    Maybe with Lance out you will like it more?

  3. "Callistus Valerius" <[email protected]> writes:

    > I know, I got sucked into it for about 7 years, until I realized how
    > foolish I had been. The Tour is a circus, it's not real. Pro-Wrestling
    > anyone, remember when you found out, it wasn't real? They put on a pretty
    > good show, but athletic competition, it ain't.

    You sure got that right
    --
    Le Vent à Dos, Davey Crockett - Actively Opposing Thought Crime
    Libérez Ingrid Betancourt, Clara Rojas et les autres

  4. Donald Munro

    Donald Munro Guest

    Callistus Valerius wrote:

    > I know, I got sucked into it for about 7 years, until I realized how
    > foolish I had been. The Tour is a circus, it's not real. Pro-Wrestling
    > anyone, remember when you found out, it wasn't real? They put on a pretty
    > good show, but athletic competition, it ain't.

    Don't worry the UCI are planning on converting it into a non-stop sleep
    deprivation event.

  5. Donald Munro <[email protected]> writes:

    > Callistus Valerius wrote:
    >
    > > I know, I got sucked into it for about 7 years, until I realized how
    > > foolish I had been. The Tour is a circus, it's not real. Pro-Wrestling
    > > anyone, remember when you found out, it wasn't real? They put on a pretty
    > > good show, but athletic competition, it ain't.

    > Don't worry the UCI are planning on converting it into a non-stop sleep
    > deprivation event.

    Will Boggy McWhatzit arrange for the IRA All Girls Marching Band to
    provide entertainment at the Finish Line?

    --
    Le Vent à Dos, Davey Crockett - Actively Opposing Thought Crime
    Libérez Ingrid Betancourt, Clara Rojas et les autres
    http://www.ingridbetancourt-idf.com/base/
    Free Ernst Zundel http://www.zundelsite.org/gallery/donations/index.html
    Free David Irving http://www.petitiononline.com/DavidI/petition.html

  6. Donald Munro

    Donald Munro Guest

    Davey Crockett wrote:

    > Donald Munro <[email protected]> writes:
    >
    >> Callistus Valerius wrote:
    >>
    >> > I know, I got sucked into it for about 7 years, until I realized how
    >> > foolish I had been. The Tour is a circus, it's not real. Pro-Wrestling
    >> > anyone, remember when you found out, it wasn't real? They put on a pretty
    >> > good show, but athletic competition, it ain't.

    >> Don't worry the UCI are planning on converting it into a non-stop sleep
    >> deprivation event.
    >>

    > Will Boggy McWhatzit arrange for the IRA All Girls Marching Band to
    > provide entertainment at the Finish Line?

    No they plan to complete the event in Baghdad square so
    entertainment will be provided by various Sunni and Shia bands. The
    festivities will include the erection of a statue of Hein.

  7. B. Lafferty

    B. Lafferty Guest

    "Davey Crockett" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Donald Munro <[email protected]> writes:
    >
    >> Callistus Valerius wrote:
    >>
    >> > I know, I got sucked into it for about 7 years, until I realized
    >> > how
    >> > foolish I had been. The Tour is a circus, it's not real.
    >> > Pro-Wrestling
    >> > anyone, remember when you found out, it wasn't real? They put on a
    >> > pretty
    >> > good show, but athletic competition, it ain't.

    >> Don't worry the UCI are planning on converting it into a non-stop sleep
    >> deprivation event.
    >>

    > Will Boggy McWhatzit arrange for the IRA All Girls Marching Band to
    > provide entertainment at the Finish Line?

    Reminds me of the marching band in the early part of Malle's TdF film.

  8. SH

    SH Guest

    Dumbass,

    Actually, it's a statue of Hein's erection.

  9. lazysegall

    lazysegall New Member

    Joined:
    Jun 12, 2003
    The TDF profile is more boring than the profile of MSR...Watch the Giro for excitement.

  10. Bob Schwartz

    Bob Schwartz Guest

  11. Bob Schwartz

    Bob Schwartz Guest

    Bob Schwartz wrote:
    > SH wrote:
    >> Dumbass,
    >>
    >> Actually, it's a statue of Hein's erection.

    > Speaking of Hein and erections...
    >
    > http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/2001/sep01/trackworlds/MGlance1.shtml
    >
    > Bob Schwartz
    >
    > Couldn't pass that one up.

    Has anyone ever noticed that you can't see where Hein's
    right hand is in that picture?

    Bob Schwartz

  12. Andre

    Andre Guest

    Is that a photo of broke back mountain? Or after he climbed it?

    No, seriously, the Tour de France is never boring, Lance made it
    boring. Baseball is boring, College basketball and NBA is boring,
    Nascar is boring Golf, Men's tennis, Bowling...but never the Tour.

    Andre

  13. "Bob Schwartz" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Bob Schwartz wrote:
    >> SH wrote:
    >>> Dumbass,
    >>>
    >>> Actually, it's a statue of Hein's erection.

    >> Speaking of Hein and erections...
    >>
    >> http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/2001/sep01/trackworlds/MGlance1.shtml
    >>
    >> Bob Schwartz
    >>
    >> Couldn't pass that one up.

    > Has anyone ever noticed that you can't see where Hein's
    > right hand is in that picture?
    >
    > Bob Schwartz

    http://groups.google.com/group/rec.bicycles.racing/msg/2e3e3b17851e7859?hl=en&

  14. Donald Munro