I hate this year's Tour de France !

alienator said:
Well, the clean up will never be total, because no system can operate perfectly. And are you so sure that riders "temporarily affected" will be cleared quickly? What if it turns out that Basso and Ulrich are innocent? Nothing has gone to trial. There is only suspicion; yet, if Ulrich ends up being innocent, then because of suspicion he likely missed his last opportunity to win the tour. Is that fair by you? There are plenty of examples of people found innocent who yet remain tainted in the eye of the public.

And that strong "evidence" is as yet unpublished in its entirety. No one here knows exactly what evidence there is. Moreover, that evidence hasn't been weighed, so the veracity of that evidence has yet to be determined.

There didn't have to be compelling evidence at all. All that had to happen was for the public eye to look upon these teams the wrong way. Then, the teams have to look at preserving their sponsorship. They already saw what quickly happened to Liberty Sigueros/Astana Wurth to see what would happen if sponsorship became jeopardized. Losing the Tour means far less than losing sponsorship. Sporting history is rife with stories wherein difficult decisions were made to please sponsors.

You don't know who has definitely had contact with who, yet. And if all it takes is guilt by association to smear someone or convict them...well, then cycling isn't worth saving. Again you, me, no one in the public knows the facts yet. In fact, the investigation is not complete, so the authorities don't know the facts and what they mean just yet.

This is a perfect example of intellectual laziness. You only know what you've read in the press or heard on the news, so based on that and whatever personal biases you have, you've already determined guilt in cases about which you have no real factual knowledge.

Your experience really contributes nothing to this discourse. Your experience only relates to your experience and your views. I think most people, even if they haven't competed on an "international level" would understand the discipline necessary to succeed at cycling.

I'm really chuffed that you're able to read a public profile. BTW, it's PhD, not PHD.
You may be very possibly correct on all the points you raised. Again, i was expressing an opinion which you are free to disagree with. I have learned a lot from your comments . How you disagree betrays you however.

I was sincerely wishing you success on your endeavor.

Pointing out my not releasing the shift key when typing the "h" in Phd is a perfect example of "intellectual pettiness".

aacliment said:
You may be very possibly correct on all the points you raised. Again, i was expressing an opinion which you are free to disagree with. I have learned a lot from your comments . How you disagree betrays you however.

I was sincerely wishing you success on your endeavor.

Pointing out my not releasing the shift key when typing the "h" in Phd is a perfect example of "intellectual pettiness".
OOOOPS, forgot to press the shift key when i typed the D... Just wanted to save you the trouble of having to point it out. Pettiness must be exhausting.

MountainPro said:
i can give you a copy of Eurosports 4 hour - per stage entire TDF on DVD when its finished.

dont tell eurosport tho'

emm, great TDF, no yanks have a hope in hell...

micheal rodgers will win and cadel evans second.

Wow, thanks for the offer. I might trade you copies of 1999 to 2004 TDF DVD (most of them 12 hr except 2003 is 4 hr). But I'll have to see if DVD Cloner 3.2 will copy them.

Will a European DVD play on an American one or is the region code different?

JTE83 said:
Wow, thanks for the offer. I might trade you copies of 1999 to 2004 TDF DVD (most of them 12 hr except 2003 is 4 hr). But I'll have to see if DVD Cloner 3.2 will copy them.

Will a European DVD play on an American one or is the region code different?
it will play, i have encoded it into a region free format. Each stage is 3-4 hours coverage and takes one disk.

i dont bother with DVD software and PCs, i bought this german DVD decoder and descramber kit that plugs straight into your DVD player to copy it or into your satallite/cable de-coder. I think it may be illegal but i bought it in a high street store. The new version doesnt have the descrambler kit. It copies everything, and i mean everything encluding encoded satelite channels, copy protected DVDs, the lot. The image quality is perfect and can even clean up a dodgey VHS recording to an extent.

£90 it cost me, best thing i have ever bought..

Go T-Mobile!

I just find it rather funny that the rest of the guys are proving that they could hold their own without Jan.

Keep up guys!

StartTday said:
Go T-Mobile!

I just find it rather funny that the rest of the guys are proving that they could hold their own without Jan.

Keep up guys!

I wouldn't go that far Jan averages about 3 kmh more.

What a tour, who cares if a few guys are missing, there's still plenty of top riders and surprises on most stages. Would we would have seen as many interesting and entertaining stages had all the supposed top riders been there or would it have been closed down with more predictable results (except Robbie of course).
I cant wait for tonights mountain stage where who knows what will happen!!

aussie aussie aussie oi oi oi

JTE83 said:
With the scandal that eliminated some of the best bikers out of the Tour de France, I am just not interested that much in this year's TDF. I was really hoping for a showdown of the best against Ivan Basso, now I guess the best might be Floyd Landis?

How many people are disappointed in this year's race? Vote on the poll.

I won't be buying this year's TDF DVD, and I can't see it on cable.
So tell me, are you STILL hating it?

baj32161 said:
Just about the only way this race could get better is if whoever ends up winning does so in less than Lemond's record of 8 seconds.

artmichalek said:
Just about the only way this race could get better is if whoever ends up winning does so in less than Lemond's record of 8 seconds.
Indeed.

Yup. It's a hell of a Tour so far. Whoda figured that the 2 most gruesome mountain stages would be won by guys that stayed away from nearly the beginning, especially when one of the guys had tanked the day before? Epic is a good word to describe all this. Damned epic. And there are still 3 days left.....could be plenty of surprises yet.

alienator said:
Yup. It's a hell of a Tour so far. Whoda figured that the 2 most gruesome mountain stages would be won by guys that stayed away from nearly the beginning, especially when one of the guys had tanked the day before? Epic is a good word to describe all this. Damned epic. And there are still 3 days left.....could be plenty of surprises yet.
I couldn't agree more! I have been following the Tour for 22 years and Landis' stage win today was as impressive as any I have ever seen!

baj32161 said:

I guess the TDF just got better with Floyd's stage 17 performance. I keep track of it through the dailypeloton.com website. Real good action on stage 17. Floyd really shouldn't have taken it too easy on the stage he gave up lots of time to Peirero.

JTE83 said:
I guess the TDF just got better with Floyd's stage 17 performance. I keep track of it through the dailypeloton.com website. Real good action on stage 17. Floyd really shouldn't have taken it too easy on the stage he gave up lots of time to Peirero.

Yeah, well that's how strategy goes: sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn't. And FWIW, he did give up time to Peirero, but the time losses yesterday were the ones that hurt the most. There's no way to anticipate when you're going to have an off day.

JTE83 said:
I can't recall a more courageous comeback from what seemed like an impossible deficit. I didn't think anybody would ever surpass the memories I have of Lance's falls and recoveries, mountain attacks, cross-country avoidance of Beloki and some of his other exploits but I would have to place Landis' ride today right up there with the most memorable.

JTE83 said:
I guess the TDF just got better with Floyd's stage 17 performance.
You gonna buy the DVD then? Not because Floyd had an awsome day, but this is the most unpredictable and entertaining tour I've watched in a long time. It won't be over until the ITT on Saturday...Then again anything can happen on the ride into Paris on Sunday.

KGnagey said:
You gonna buy the DVD then? Not because Floyd had an awsome day, but this is the most unpredictable and entertaining tour I've watched in a long time. It won't be over until the ITT on Saturday...Then again anything can happen on the ride into Paris on Sunday.

I got half of last year's TDF from my uncle who copied OLN to vcr tape, but this year he's got no cable. But I actually got software that can copy dvd movies and I can rent the TDF from Netflix. But I haven't joined Netflix yet.

I'm unemployed now, so the 12hr dvd is expensive. Unless I get a copy from someone while trading bootleg software for it.

I hope I don't get in trouble with this post.

Truthfully I mainly hated this year's TDF only because Ivan Basso was taken out. I wanted a Giro TDF double win for him, and this would make CERVELO bike even more famous. I wanted the Soloist Team to be even more famous as a really hot bike, becasue I ride a Soloist Team even though it's aluminum.

It's surprising that Carlos Sastre might be on the podium.

This has to have been the best race in recent memory. Numerous lead changes, the unexpected happening every day. Landis riding an incredible race after looking like roadkill the day before. What more can you ask for in a race?