I made the crash and wound page :)

Michael Dart wrote:
> "Jonathan Bond" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
>>Free tattoo, baby!
>>
>>http://www.bikerag.com/bike_crash_pics.htm
>>
>>Jon Bond
>>

> Since scars are tattoos with better stories, what's the story?
>
> Mike - probably his left leg ;^)

Crappy story, actually.

Was practicing doing drops off the small retaining wall on the side of my driveway (total drop about
1.5 feet), but the landing is kinda sketch
- you've got a douglas fir right there ;)

Anyway, I built up a small jump with a piece or railroad tie (flat) and a 2x6 (the ramp part), so
maybe a 2' drop total, including a bit extra for air time. I was hitting it all day, but wasn't
confident enough to do it with clipless yet, so I had running shoes on. Bad idea.

Long story short, went off the jump, foot slipped off the pedal, landed foot first, then bike into
leg, then flipped... somehow missed the tree. It was actually a really calm fall. I didn't even
notice the injury until I looked down and had blood running down my leg.

It was bad enough the red cross wouldn't let me give blood for a year. Thats ok, I give enough on
the trails!

Anyway, that was about a year and a half ago. Picture was taken by throwing my 2-days-healed leg on
the scanner. Glad I've got a digital camera now! The wound was actually pretty deep, the bike went
in, then twisted out. I still haev 8 of the 10 marks visible. Fun times :)

Jon Bond

----------TOP POSTING FIXED-------------- MX-Pilot wrote:
> Nothing beats a total mangled leg.. and on a 1.5 foot drop to boot!

It wasn't all that bad. Was a bit stiff for a week or so. The worst part was that I was hitting it
all day long, hitting a bigger drop elsewhere, an dwas fine all day. Just that one time I slipped
off... ouch!

Jon Bond

"Jonathan Bond" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Michael Dart wrote:
> > "Jonathan Bond" <[email protected]> wrote in
message
> > news:[email protected]...
> >
> >>Free tattoo, baby!
> >>
> >>http://www.bikerag.com/bike_crash_pics.htm
> >>
> >>Jon Bond
> >>

> > Since scars are tattoos with better stories, what's the story?
> >
> > Mike - probably his left leg ;^)
>
> Crappy story, actually.
>
> Was practicing doing drops off the small retaining wall on the side of my driveway (total drop
> about 1.5 feet), but the landing is kinda sketch
> - you've got a douglas fir right there ;)
>
> Anyway, I built up a small jump with a piece or railroad tie (flat) and a 2x6 (the ramp part), so
> maybe a 2' drop total, including a bit extra for air time. I was hitting it all day, but wasn't
> confident enough to do it with clipless yet, so I had running shoes on. Bad idea.
>
> Long story short, went off the jump, foot slipped off the pedal, landed foot first, then bike into
> leg, then flipped... somehow missed the tree. It was actually a really calm fall. I didn't even
> notice the injury until I looked down and had blood running down my leg.
>
> It was bad enough the red cross wouldn't let me give blood for a year. Thats ok, I give enough on
> the trails!
>
> Anyway, that was about a year and a half ago. Picture was taken by throwing my 2-days-healed leg
> on the scanner. Glad I've got a digital camera now! The wound was actually pretty deep, the bike
> went in, then twisted out. I still haev 8 of the 10 marks visible. Fun times :)

Give us a pic of how it looks today.

darsh

Darsh wrote:
> "Jonathan Bond" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
>>Michael Dart wrote:
>>
>>>"Jonathan Bond" <[email protected]> wrote in
>>
> message
>
>>>news:[email protected]...

>>>Since scars are tattoos with better stories, what's the story?
>>>
>>>Mike - probably his left leg ;^)
>>
>>Crappy story, actually.
>>
>>Was practicing doing drops off the small retaining wall on the side of my driveway (total drop
>>about 1.5 feet), but the landing is kinda sketch
>>- you've got a douglas fir right there ;)
>>
>>Anyway, I built up a small jump with a piece or railroad tie (flat) and a 2x6 (the ramp part), so
>>maybe a 2' drop total, including a bit extra for air time. I was hitting it all day, but wasn't
>>confident enough to do it with clipless yet, so I had running shoes on. Bad idea.
>>
>>Long story short, went off the jump, foot slipped off the pedal, landed foot first, then bike into
>>leg, then flipped... somehow missed the tree. It was actually a really calm fall. I didn't even
>>notice the injury until I looked down and had blood running down my leg.
>>
>>It was bad enough the red cross wouldn't let me give blood for a year. Thats ok, I give enough on
>>the trails!
>>
>>Anyway, that was about a year and a half ago. Picture was taken by throwing my 2-days-healed leg
>>on the scanner. Glad I've got a digital camera now! The wound was actually pretty deep, the bike
>>went in, then twisted out. I still haev 8 of the 10 marks visible. Fun times :)
>

> Give us a pic of how it looks today.
>
> darsh

Not great pics, but I was too lazy to take better ones.

http://www.pbase.com/jonbond/inbox

original included for reference.

Jon Bond

"Jonathan Bond" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Free tattoo, baby!
>
> http://www.bikerag.com/bike_crash_pics.htm
>
> Jon Bond

Nice burn, glad that was the worst of it (skin heals fine, it's bone and tendon that really get ya).

What really has me freaked is the pair of pics of that poor Sugar...I can totally see that
happeneing to mine (me and my poor cookie-cutter...ha). Hopefully that ovalized and
compound-radiused down tube they used for 2k2 will keep that nightmare at bay...ugh.

Chris

"Jonathan Bond" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Darsh wrote:
> > "Jonathan Bond" <[email protected]> wrote in
message
> > news:[email protected]...

> > message

> >>Crappy story, actually.
> >>
> >>Was practicing doing drops off the small retaining wall on the side of my driveway (total drop
> >>about 1.5 feet), but the landing is kinda sketch
> >>- you've got a douglas fir right there ;)
> >>
> >>Anyway, I built up a small jump with a piece or railroad tie (flat) and a 2x6 (the ramp part),
> >>so maybe a 2' drop total, including a bit extra for air time. I was hitting it all day, but
> >>wasn't confident enough to do it with clipless yet, so I had running shoes on. Bad idea.
> >>
> >>Long story short, went off the jump, foot slipped off the pedal, landed foot first, then bike
> >>into leg, then flipped... somehow missed the tree. It was actually a really calm fall. I didn't
> >>even notice the injury until I looked down and had blood running down my leg.
> >>
> >>It was bad enough the red cross wouldn't let me give blood for a year. Thats ok, I give enough
> >>on the trails!
> >>
> >>Anyway, that was about a year and a half ago. Picture was taken by throwing my 2-days-healed leg
> >>on the scanner. Glad I've got a digital camera now! The wound was actually pretty deep, the bike
> >>went in, then twisted out. I still haev 8 of the 10 marks visible. Fun times :)
> >

> > Give us a pic of how it looks today.
> >
> > darsh
> >

> Not great pics, but I was too lazy to take better ones.
>
> http://www.pbase.com/jonbond/inbox
>
> original included for reference.
>
> Jon Bond

Nice