I miss Davey's input

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Bill C, Mar 19, 2005.

  1. Bill C

    Bill C Guest

    Especially with track worlds coming to LA. Hope he's enjoying his
    walkabout, but we are definitly the poorer for his being gone.
    Magilla's bullshit doesn't even begin to cover what Davey contributed.
    No one else was providing six day coverage, and I'm glad that Davey
    made the link available rather than burying the group in postings. The
    site provided much more in depth and complete coverage than could be
    done here with any consideration of other posters. So we've lost Davey
    and his input, and that's been replaced with monkey boy's sporadic weak
    shit.
    I just hope Davey comes back and fills us in on the details he has
    left out over the past years.
    Real intellectual and physical heavyweights are comfortable in their
    own skins and don't need to be attacking and belittling people to prop
    up their egos. That's Davey IMO.
    Bill C

    Tags:

  2. Dave H

    Dave H Guest

    "Bill C" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Especially with track worlds coming to LA. Hope he's enjoying his
    > walkabout, but we are definitly the poorer for his being gone.
    > Magilla's bullshit doesn't even begin to cover what Davey contributed.
    > No one else was providing six day coverage, and I'm glad that Davey
    > made the link available rather than burying the group in postings. The
    > site provided much more in depth and complete coverage than could be
    > done here with any consideration of other posters. So we've lost Davey
    > and his input, and that's been replaced with monkey boy's sporadic weak
    > shit.
    > I just hope Davey comes back and fills us in on the details he has
    > left out over the past years.
    > Real intellectual and physical heavyweights are comfortable in their
    > own skins and don't need to be attacking and belittling people to prop
    > up their egos. That's Davey IMO.
    > Bill C

    I realize you are talking about another "Davey" but I will try and keep you
    abreast of what's going on at Tracks Worlds, I'll be there everyday, every
    session, in the infield.

    The other Dave

  3. Howard Kveck

    Howard Kveck Guest

    In article <8Xl%[email protected]>,
    "Dave H" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > I realize you are talking about another "Davey" but I will try and keep you
    > abreast of what's going on at Tracks Worlds, I'll be there everyday, every
    > session, in the infield.
    >
    > The other Dave

    Thanks in advance, Mr. Hansen. First hand perspective is always good.

    --
    tanx,
    Howard

    Butter is love.

    remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?

  4. Dave H

    Dave H Guest

    "Howard Kveck" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > In article <8Xl%[email protected]>,
    > "Dave H" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >

    >> I realize you are talking about another "Davey" but I will try and keep
    >> you
    >> abreast of what's going on at Tracks Worlds, I'll be there everyday,
    >> every
    >> session, in the infield.
    >>
    >> The other Dave

    > Thanks in advance, Mr. Hansen. First hand perspective is always good.

    It has actually been quite crazy at the track the last few days, you have
    the USA Nat team, The French, Ukraine, Russians, etc. A lot of riders on the
    track at the same time. Tim Roach motorpacing the USA team on the "Moto GP"
    electric road race machine some times hitting close to 50 mph while various
    sprinters are diving from the rails all over the place and team pursuit
    squads are playing locomotive. It has been nothing short of chaos and quite
    a miracle that no one has crashed.
    Dave

  5. Bill C

    Bill C Guest

    Dave H wrote:
    > "Howard Kveck" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    > > In article <8Xl%[email protected]>,
    > > "Dave H" <[email protected]> wrote:
    > >

    > >> I realize you are talking about another "Davey" but I will try and

    keep
    > >> you
    > >> abreast of what's going on at Tracks Worlds, I'll be there

    everyday,
    > >> every
    > >> session, in the infield.
    > >>
    > >> The other Dave

    > > Thanks in advance, Mr. Hansen. First hand perspective is always

    good.

    > It has actually been quite crazy at the track the last few days, you

    have
    > the USA Nat team, The French, Ukraine, Russians, etc. A lot of riders

    on the
    > track at the same time. Tim Roach motorpacing the USA team on the

    "Moto GP"
    > electric road race machine some times hitting close to 50 mph while

    various
    > sprinters are diving from the rails all over the place and team

    pursuit
    > squads are playing locomotive. It has been nothing short of chaos and

    quite
    > a miracle that no one has crashed.
    > Dave

    Sounds like quite the show. Looking forward to your reports. Maybe you
    could even twist J-Me's arm and get him to put up a report somewhere.
    Don't think he's up for the BS he usually has to take whenever he shows
    up here.
    Really appreciate it Dave, Thanks
    Bill C

  6. Bob Schwartz

    Bob Schwartz Guest

    Dave H <[email protected]> wrote:
    > I realize you are talking about another "Davey" but I will try and keep you
    > abreast of what's going on at Tracks Worlds, I'll be there everyday, every
    > session, in the infield.

    How civilized is the HDC for watching cycling events? As civilized as
    Belgian cyclocross?

    Bob Schwartz
    [email protected]

    Will be there every session, in the stands, hopefully with a beer.

  7. Bill C wrote:

    > Especially with track worlds coming to LA. Hope he's enjoying his
    > walkabout, but we are definitly the poorer for his being gone.
    > Magilla's bullshit doesn't even begin to cover what Davey contributed.
    > No one else was providing six day coverage, and I'm glad that Davey
    > made the link available rather than burying the group in postings. The
    > site provided much more in depth and complete coverage than could be
    > done here with any consideration of other posters. So we've lost Davey
    > and his input, and that's been replaced with monkey boy's sporadic weak
    > shit.
    > I just hope Davey comes back and fills us in on the details he has
    > left out over the past years.
    > Real intellectual and physical heavyweights are comfortable in their
    > own skins and don't need to be attacking and belittling people to prop
    > up their egos. That's Davey IMO.
    > Bill C

    Can't you just go visit his gay six-day website? I'm for Christ's sake,
    the piece of garbage only posted the URL like 30,000 times a week.

    Or was the purpose of your post really a feeler to try to see who would
    jump on your anti-Magilla bandwagon....only to find pretty much nobody.

    I am KING KONG.

    Magilla

  8. On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 17:20:04 -0500, MagillaGorilla
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >I am KING KONG.

    Two pieces of advice:

    1) Be careful with women.

    2) Next time, take the elevator.

    Curtis L. Russell
    Odenton, MD (USA)
    Just someone on two wheels...

  9. DA74

    DA74 Guest

    > Bill C wrote:
    >
    > > Magilla's bullshit doesn't even begin to cover what
    > > Davey contributed. No one else was providing six
    > > day coverage, and I'm glad that Davey made the
    > > link available rather than burying the group in
    > > postings.

    Give me a break. A few of us are gone for 5 days for a race and RBR
    falls apart. Look at the stupid postings from Thursday to Sunday.
    Garbage like "I miss Davey" and "Thanks Jeff"...You jagoffs didn't even
    kick around MSR.

    > > Real intellectual and physical heavyweights are
    > > comfortable in their own skins and don't need
    > > to be attacking and belittling people to prop
    > > up their egos. That's Davey IMO.
    > > Bill C

    That's touching. Is Six Day racing really heavyweight?
    Are you drunk or did you just eat too much?
    -DA74

  10. Reggie

    Reggie Guest

    "DA74" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    >> Bill C wrote:
    >>
    >> > Magilla's bullshit doesn't even begin to cover what
    >> > Davey contributed. No one else was providing six
    >> > day coverage, and I'm glad that Davey made the
    >> > link available rather than burying the group in
    >> > postings.

    > Give me a break. A few of us are gone for 5 days for a race and RBR
    > falls apart. Look at the stupid postings from Thursday to Sunday.
    > Garbage like "I miss Davey" and "Thanks Jeff"...You jagoffs didn't even
    > kick around MSR.

    What was there to kick around. Another long, boring race with a bunch
    sprint at the end? That's what happens when most of the riders have their
    hematocrits at 50%. Now Angelo Zomegnan talks about adding a another hill
    toward the end of the race to break things up. He'd do well to speak with
    the folks at L-B-L and the effects hills haven't had of late. As it stands
    now the UCI might want to continue to open the classics season with a
    sprinter's race (M-SR) and put Paris-Tours at the end of the season instead
    of Lombardy. Nice bookends, eh?

    >> > Real intellectual and physical heavyweights are
    >> > comfortable in their own skins and don't need
    >> > to be attacking and belittling people to prop
    >> > up their egos. That's Davey IMO.
    >> > Bill C

    > That's touching. Is Six Day racing really heavyweight?
    > Are you drunk or did you just eat too much?
    > -DA74

    And who will you be partnering with on the boards next winter? Oh, that's
    right. You have to be invited first.

  11. Dave H

    Dave H Guest

    "Bob Schwartz" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Dave H <[email protected]> wrote:
    >> I realize you are talking about another "Davey" but I will try and keep
    >> you
    >> abreast of what's going on at Tracks Worlds, I'll be there everyday,
    >> every
    >> session, in the infield.

    > How civilized is the HDC for watching cycling events? As civilized as
    > Belgian cyclocross?
    >
    > Bob Schwartz
    > [email protected]
    >
    > Will be there every session, in the stands, hopefully with a beer.

    It is a pretty good venue for watching the events, I belive they are adsing
    extra seats for Worlds. Never been to a Belgian CC so I can't compare

    Dave

  12. DA74 wrote:

    > Give me a break. A few of us are gone for 5 days for a race and RBR
    > falls apart. Look at the stupid postings from Thursday to Sunday.
    > Garbage like "I miss Davey" and "Thanks Jeff"...You jagoffs didn't

    even
    > kick around MSR.

    Dumbass -

    MSR sucks.