If money were no object........

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by dannyfrankszzz, May 1, 2003.

  1. dannyfrankszzz

    dannyfrankszzz New Member

    Joined:
    Mar 8, 2003
    Right then, I was wondering what cycling products people would purchase if money were not such an object.

    I know brands such as Assos, Pearl Izumi are popular when it comes to clothing and as for bikes themselves Cannondale, Pinarello, Colnago, Litespeed are right up there.

    Tags:

  2. If money were no object .... I'd have my current bike, plus a recumbent trike, plus a Colnago C40,
    but would be happy with a Dream Plus (let's not be too greedy). Of course I'd have to also have a
    custom-built bike, but not sure who I'd get to build it and to what specification - must put
    thinking cap on.

    As for accessories and the like, well, I'd simply have to pay to have my own label designer cycling
    stuff - "Team Wafflycat Designs" sounds about right. Or perhaps "PSF Fantasy Designs" for those
    cycling bedroom moments - I'm sure there must be a market for the latter ;-)

    Must go and take the medications now, matron insists ;-)

    Cheers, helen s

    ~~~~~~~~~~

    ~~~~~~~~~~

  3. Dreamlx10

    Dreamlx10 Guest

    > If money were no object .... I'd have my current bike, plus a recumbent
    trike,
    > plus a Colnago C40, but would be happy with a Dream Plus (let's not be
    too
    > greedy). Of course I'd have to also have a custom-built bike, but not sure
    who
    > I'd get to build it and to what specification - must put thinking cap on.
    >
    > As for accessories and the like, well, I'd simply have to pay to have my
    own
    > label designer cycling stuff - "Team Wafflycat Designs" sounds about
    right. Or
    > perhaps "PSF Fantasy Designs" for those cycling bedroom moments - I'm sure there must be a market
    > for the latter ;-)
    >
    > Must go and take the medications now, matron insists ;-)
    >
    > Cheers, helen s
    >

    > ~~~~~~~~~~
    > Flush out that intestinal parasite and/or the waste product before sending
    > reply!
    >
    > Any speeliong mistake$ aR the resiult of my cats sitting on the
    keyboaRRRDdd
    > ~~~~~~~~~~

    Would you mind if I gloated a bit and said I already have a Colnago Dream ? Mind you I would like to
    use it as a "Winter Bike" and get myself a C 40, I wish !

    Graham

  4. Andymorris

    Andymorris Guest

    dannyfrankszzz wrote:
    > Right then, I was wondering what cycling products people would purchase if money were not such
    > an object.
    >
    > I know brands such as Assos, Pearl Izumi are popular when it comes to clothing and as for bikes
    > themselves Cannondale, Pinarello, Colnago, Litespeed are right up there.

    Kryptonite Locks & cables all keyed to my key outside every teashop, bikeshop, take-away and
    bookshop in the country.

    Made to measure suit with matching velco trouser bands and chammy insert.

    SPD Doc Martins.

    --
    Andy Morris

    AndyAtJinkasDotFreeserve.Co.UK

  5. Tritonrider

    Tritonrider Guest

    For a great value for your dollar/ world class frame. Here's a link. He's a great guy and provides
    tons of support to the local scene. http://www.richardsachs.com/

    Bill C

  6. dannyfrankszzz wrote:
    > Right then, I was wondering what cycling products people would purchase if money were not such
    > an object.

    > I know brands such as Assos, Pearl Izumi are popular when it comes to clothing and as for bikes
    > themselves Cannondale, Pinarello, Colnago, Litespeed are right up there.

    Mmmm, something along the lines of a Litespeed tandem would probably be up there with desirable.

    Does a new house to put the bikes in count as a cycling product?

    Adrian

    Adrian Tritschler mailto:[email protected] Latitude 38°S, Longitude 145°E,
    Altitude 50m, Shoe size 44

  7. Gadget

    Gadget Guest

    If money were no object I'd tearing holes in mosts trail with Orange Patriot 7+. I'd keep my Gringo,
    for the road after making mods to the effect. I guess that would be about it unless you include a
    design team and manufactour plant for making my own custom bikes as a cycle accessory.

    Gadget

  8. Stan Cox

    Stan Cox Guest

    > >Would you mind if I gloated a bit and said I already have a Colnago Dream
    ?
    > >Mind you I would like to use it as a "Winter Bike" and get myself a C 40,
    > >wish !
    > >
    > > Graham
    >
    > BBBBBLLLLLEEECCCCCCHHH! Gnashing of teeth, spitting at monitor, pulling of hair.... making wax
    > effigy to stick pins in ....
    >
    > Not that I'm in any way jealous you understand.
    >
    > Cheers, helen s ;-)

    which he has fixed a rear rack. Couldnt say which model but it looks like a steel frame.
    All the best.

    Stan Cox

    P.s. The miserable bugger never acknowledges my greetings.

  9. Stan Cox

    Stan Cox Guest

    "dannyfrankszzz" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Right then, I was wondering what cycling products people would purchase if money were not such
    > an object.
    >
    > I know brands such as Assos, Pearl Izumi are popular when it comes to clothing and as for bikes
    > themselves Cannondale, Pinarello, Colnago, Litespeed are right up there.

    Hmmm. I have always wanted an Eddy Merckx so a custom built one would do for a start. My main wish
    tho would be more space to store stuff. I already share my one bed flat with 4 bikes. All the best.

    Stan Cox

  10. >Does a new house to put the bikes in count as a cycling product?

    Oh yes - one has to have a decent place to secure the bikes.

    Cheers, PSF

    ~~~~~~~~~~

    ~~~~~~~~~~

  11. The thing is I get on better with my Gary Fisher's geometry than anything else I've ever ridden, so
    I'd have to get a Seven Sola Ti with the same geometry. Parts list would probably be XTR
    mechs/shifters/chain/cassette, Monkeylite bars, USE carbon post, Flite TT, Avid Ultimate levers/
    Arch Supreme brakes, SID carbon fork, DMR V12 Mag/Ti pedals, Race Face Next LP chainset (unless
    MOrati make theirs in splined yet) and BB, Chris King headset and hubs laced with DT Ti/MMC to Mavic
    517 Ceramics and a Seven Ti stem to top it all off. It's the sort of spec I'm trying to achieve one
    bit at a time on my current bike. Simon

  12. Anonymous

    Anonymous Guest

    > >Would you mind if I gloated a bit and said I already have a Colnago Dream
    ?
    > >Mind you I would like to use it as a "Winter Bike" and get myself a C 40,
    > >wish !
    > >
    > > Graham
    >
    > BBBBBLLLLLEEECCCCCCHHH! Gnashing of teeth, spitting at monitor, pulling of hair.... making wax
    > effigy to stick pins in ....
    >
    > Not that I'm in any way jealous you understand.

    But it's worse than that - he probably wears b*bs on it too...

    clive

  13. Tony Raven

    Tony Raven Guest

    In news:[email protected], Stan Cox <[email protected]> typed:

    > Colnago to which he has fixed a rear rack. Couldnt say which model but it looks like a steel
    > frame. All the best.

    Money no object? How about fitting a C40 out with rack, mudguards, dynamo lighting etc and turning
    up to watch at the local roadie races start? Just because you can ;-)

    Tony

    --
    http://www.raven-family.com

  14. Niv

    Niv Guest

    Custom built titanium with Campy Record, Royce BB, ti bolts & fitting everywhere, the comfiest
    saddle I could find (any suggestions out there - a new thread please!), Where to go though for thre
    frame build? My Chas Roberts steel frame is excellent (Columbus EL oversize), but a bit old & heavy
    (not much though) by todays standards; probably a bit more compliant than Alu though, not sure that
    he builds in ti. Sprinkle some carbon bits here & there (forks, bars, stem?), helium filled tubs....

    OK, I've woken up now, out on the steel bike later today, or the old winter 531 job if it rains like
    it looks like it will.

    Niv.

    "dannyfrankszzz" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Right then, I was wondering what cycling products people would purchase if money were not such
    > an object.
    >
    > I know brands such as Assos, Pearl Izumi are popular when it comes to clothing and as for bikes
    > themselves Cannondale, Pinarello, Colnago, Litespeed are right up there.

  15. Peter Clinch

    Peter Clinch Guest

    dannyfrankszzz wrote:
    > Right then, I was wondering what cycling products people would purchase if money were not such
    > an object.

    Being very much a fan of the right cycle for the right job, I would naturally require a fleet. This
    would include (but not necessarily be limited to!):

    Sensible Touring 'bent bike, a Streetmachine like I already have, but with a Rohloff Silly fast
    'bent bike, some flavour of lowracer In between 'bent bike for day rides, probably a Speedmachine

    repeat all of the above but with 3 wheels.

    a Burrows 8-Freight, for cargo a Brompton a Birdy Grey

    a Muni, just to be silly on

    a good XC MTB, though I don't know enough about MTBs to select a specific model or make.

    and for those jobs where you need a "one size fits all" sort of machine, a Moulton New Series.

    Plus a tandem of some sort (probably a Greenspeed) and more importantly someone to stoke it!

    Pete.
    http://www.dundee.ac.uk/~pjclinch/

  16. In message <[email protected]>, dannyfrankszzz <[email protected]> writes
    >Right then, I was wondering what cycling products people would purchase if money were not such
    >an object.
    >
    >I know brands such as Assos, Pearl Izumi are popular when it comes to clothing and as for bikes
    >themselves Cannondale, Pinarello, Colnago, Litespeed are right up there.

    Probably a Follis Paris-Brest. Looks lovely. Problem is I would have to give up work in order to
    find time to use it.

    Someone on urc was buying one, wasn't he? Has it arrived yet?

    --
    Michael MacClancy

  17. On 2 May 2003 08:00:21 +0950, dannyfrankszzz <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Right then, I was wondering what cycling products people would purchase if money were not such
    >an object.

    M5 Carbon Low-Racer. I don't care that I haven't got the engine to power it, or the experience to do
    it justice. or that it probably wouldn't fit me anyway. It is a thing of beauty and I want one. :)
    http://www.m5-ligfietsen.com/images/carbon_lowracer_met_staart_750.jpg

    And I'll have that titanium chain on it, too.

    --
    DG

    Bah!

  18. Guy Chapman

    Guy Chapman Guest

    dannyfrankszzz <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...

    > Right then, I was wondering what cycling products people would purchase if money were not such
    > an object.

    All of them. The entire contents of my local bike shop, plus Future Cycles, London Recumbents, AVC
    in Batch and Bikefix.

    If money were only a *bit* of an object obviously I'd have a Windcheetah and a carbon Baron, a
    custom Roberts for club rides and a Colnago for Wednesdays.

    And a Colnago carbon fibre triplet for those fast family rides :)

  19. John B

    John B Guest

    Peter Clinch wrote:

    > dannyfrankszzz wrote:
    > > Right then, I was wondering what cycling products people would purchase if money were not such
    > > an object.
    >
    > Being very much a fan of the right cycle for the right job, I would naturally require a fleet.
    > This would include (but not necessarily be limited to!):

    <snip list>

    > Plus a tandem of some sort (probably a Greenspeed) and more importantly someone to stoke it!

    Nah. Be more selfish. I'd have someone to stoke me too, preferably on a 'bent tandem back seat ;-)

    <ducks flying wrench from SWMBO>

    John B

  20. Elyob

    Elyob Guest

    "dannyfrankszzz" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Right then, I was wondering what cycling products people would purchase if money were not such
    > an object.
    >
    > I know brands such as Assos, Pearl Izumi are popular when it comes to clothing and as for bikes
    > themselves Cannondale, Pinarello, Colnago, Litespeed are right up there.

    A big house to keep everything in .... and probably a porsche too.