I'm ****** at OLN for not carrying the Vuelta ...

"Steve Freides" <[email protected]> a écrit dans le message de news:
[email protected]...
> I'm ****** at OLN for not carrying the Vuelta especially after reading the
> live report on http://www.cyclingnews.com just now - sounds like a
> fantastic stage to have watched.

Well practically speaking, you didn't miss all that much. The best action
happened early in the stage, before broadcast coverage started.

On Sun, 11 Sep 2005 11:33:38 -0400, "Steve Freides"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>I'm ****** at OLN for not carrying the Vuelta especially after reading
>the live report on http://www.cyclingnews.com just now - sounds like a
>fantastic stage to have watched.
>
>-S-

I complained but don't expect much.

Todays stage reads like '98 TdF stage 15. Classic stuff.

"trg" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "Steve Freides" <[email protected]> a écrit dans le message de
> news: [email protected]...
>> I'm ****** at OLN for not carrying the Vuelta especially after
>> reading the live report on http://www.cyclingnews.com just now -
>> sounds like a fantastic stage to have watched.
>>

> Well practically speaking, you didn't miss all that much. The best
> action happened early in the stage, before broadcast coverage started.

Not sure if I feel better or worse now...

-S-

"Steve Freides" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I'm ****** at OLN for not carrying the Vuelta especially after reading
> the live report on http://www.cyclingnews.com just now - sounds like a
> fantastic stage to have watched.
>
> -S-

OLN is missing the point. IF they DID carry more cycling THEN MORE would
WATCH OLN.
BUT they DON'T so NOBODY watches OLN because there is NOTHING ON.

Laz

Any idea if OLN is planning on doing some recap show where they compress 3 weeks
of the Vuelta down into an hour long TV program? (Which of course we here in
Canada won't get to see, but perhaps I might be able to download it via Bit
Torrent or NewsBin).

J. Spaceman

--
My email address ([email protected]) is fake. Email sent to it
will only get caught in my spam tarpit.

Jason Spaceman wrote:
> Any idea if OLN is planning on doing some recap show where they compress 3 weeks
> of the Vuelta down into an hour long TV program? (Which of course we here in
> Canada won't get to see, but perhaps I might be able to download it via Bit
> Torrent or NewsBin).

Next Saturday, I belive. It's in the schedule on their site.

-e

Folks,

OLN is not the same channel that you are expecting anymore. They are
trying to position themselves to be direct competition to ESPN, so they
are now going after more mainstream sports and getting rid of the
"fringe" sports like cycling. Don't expect to see any more cycling
coverage on OLN.

If we are to get cycling on TV, there's needs to be a new network to
step up to the plate (just like OLN did a few years ago). Or in this
modern era of "The (name your sports or hobby or whatever) Channel"
that someone could start up "The Cycling Channel" or something like
that.

For now, I'll keep up with the races on cyclingnews.

Alan

In article <[email protected]>,
[email protected] says...
>Folks,
>OLN is not the same channel that you are expecting anymore. They are
>trying to position themselves to be direct competition to ESPN, so they
>are now going after more mainstream sports and getting rid of the
>"fringe" sports like cycling. Don't expect to see any more cycling
>coverage on OLN.

Maybe they can compete with ESPN 8m, El Ocho!. They are dreaming if they think
they can compete with regular ESPN. They are quickly forgetting the sport
that has given them their highest ratings ever. I would also ask them why
they think Survivor re-runs is going to help them compete with any channel?
It looks like they took the money they made from their TDF coverage and spent
it all advertising Survivor re-runs.

>If we are to get cycling on TV, there's needs to be a new network to
>step up to the plate (just like OLN did a few years ago). Or in this
>modern era of "The (name your sports or hobby or whatever) Channel"
>that someone could start up "The Cycling Channel" or something like
>that.

I'm hoping Discovry does something on one of their many channels.
--------------
Alex

That's the net........I was talking about a TV channel.

Last time I was on cycling.tv, it has some stuff but not a lot. Has it
improved?

Alan

Yeah, Alex; I don't know what grass OLN is smoking. But if that's what
they want to do; let 'em fail at it. I think they will eventually find
out that going away from your roots can do more harm than good.

Alan

I watched Paris-Brussels live on Saturday and they mentioned that
Worlds would be live as well.

On 13 Sep 2005 07:17:37 -0700, "Wanka" <[email protected]> wrote:

>I watched Paris-Brussels live on Saturday and they mentioned that
>Worlds would be live as well.

Being lazy, if you don't mind, what does that cost? To watch a one day
event like that.

Thanks.

I am a bit irrirated myself. I can understand why they don't have daily
coverage, but I don't think it's unreasonable to have a weekly 1 or 2
hour recap show. Another possiblity is for OLN to have raw webcast
telecast available.

alan_atwood wrote:
> Yeah, Alex; I don't know what grass OLN is smoking. But if that's what
> they want to do; let 'em fail at it. I think they will eventually find
> out that going away from your roots can do more harm than good.
>
> Alan

I had a chance to chat with Frankie Andreau this May. This subject came
up. He called the Tour de France "a gold mine" for OLN, but for the Giro
and Vuelta, no one watches but us cycling geeks.

It's just ratings and the money they bring.

If you want to see more bike racing on TV in America, create more fans
to watch it.

Conservative dictionary:
Judicial Activist: n. A judge who tends to rule against your wishes.