Indoor Trainer Advice

jamoli85

Oct 31, 2011
I'm looking into buying a trainer. I'm looking for simplicity, quietness, and good value. It will mainly be used for 30-60 minute morning spins and warmups/cooldowns for races. Suggestions?

in that department im loyal to Elite, but sincerely it is a bit annoying that they keep coming with new almost radical improved designs yearly, so you don't know what to think about the one you have already purchased,

other than that they work great, i have two - different - fluid models, one's clamping mechanism is much more "universal" than the other, (strangely enough the one on the older model works better in my opinion)

funny avatar of yours :)

Originally Posted by jamoli85 .

I'm looking into buying a trainer. I'm looking for simplicity, quietness, and good value. It will mainly be used for 30-60 minute morning spins and warmups/cooldowns for races. Suggestions?

The watt bike is simple, as in there is no need to mount your road bike. It's very expensive though!

I just bought Travel-Trac rollers from performance bike. I am new to rollers so I cant compare to other brands. I have done 4, 1/2 hour sessions and they work well enough for me and they fold up pretty compact. Compared to a resistance trainer, rollers require much more focus and feel more like real riding.

They appear like they should hold up well enough - they do not feel flimsy under my 230 lbs.

The reviews are pretty good:

http://www.performancebike.com/bikes/Product_10052_10551_1028745_-1___