info on Dual Suspension bikes

Bj

Guest
there are a lot of different styles of dual suspension bikes out there what design is best? I'm a
large person that loves to ride hardtail xc bikes, this would be my first dual shock bike. I don't
want to buy junk.. Right know I ride a Schwinn Homegrown Pro with LX / XT parts & a Kona with LX
parts . I would like a good bike in the range of about 26 lbs.

any help here!!!

> there are a lot of different styles of dual suspension bikes out there what design is best? I'm a
> large person that loves to ride hardtail xc bikes, this would be my first dual shock bike. I don't
> want to buy junk.. Right know I ride a Schwinn Homegrown Pro with LX / XT parts & a Kona with LX
> parts . I would like a good bike in the range of about 26 lbs.
>
> any help here!!!

I be the plow boy and state the usual response - "Visit a few of your local bike shops and ask a lot
of questions to the most knowledgable mtn bike sales person there."

That being said...

Have you set a price range yet? At 26lbs, the FS bikes won't be cheap, $2000+ range most likely.

What do you plan on using the bike for? Long distance, technical smooth trails, rough terrain, lazy
ski slope riding, big air drop offs, etc, etc??

Thank you destroy! Do what he said and figure what it will be used for. Most of the suspension designs out there are pretty solid. Some applications of the designs leave something to be desired though. Get back to us when you have more info, please.

K.

"Destroy" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> > there are a lot of different styles of dual suspension bikes out there
what
> > design is best? I'm a large person that loves to ride hardtail xc bikes, this would be my first
> > dual shock bike. I don't want to buy junk..
Right
> > know I ride a Schwinn Homegrown Pro with LX / XT parts & a Kona with LX parts . I would like a
> > good bike in the range of about 26 lbs.
> >
> > any help here!!!
>

> I be the plow boy and state the usual response - "Visit a few of your local bike shops and ask a
> lot of questions to the most knowledgable mtn bike sales person there."
>
> That being said...
>
> Have you set a price range yet? At 26lbs, the FS bikes won't be cheap, $2000+ range most likely.
>
> What do you plan on using the bike for? Long distance, technical smooth trails, rough terrain,
> lazy ski slope riding, big air drop offs, etc,
etc??

the type of riding will be Long distance, technical smooth trails & some trail riding on the farm &
lake trails. I think around $1500. to 2000. Canadian like a I road a 2003 Jamis Daker today not bad
ride for $1000. Cdn but some parts will have to be upgraded.

BJ wrote:

> the type of riding will be Long distance, technical smooth trails & some trail riding on the farm
> & lake trails. I think around $1500. to 2000. Canadian like a I road a 2003 Jamis Daker today not
> bad ride for $1000. Cdn but some parts will have to be upgraded.

So you want a 'decent' FS, that will support your large frame, weighs in at 26lbs and will handle
'big air drop offs'. And you want all that for $1500-2000?

Dream on...

> So you want a 'decent' FS, that will support your large frame, weighs in at 26lbs and will handle
> 'big air drop offs'. And you want all that for $1500-2000?
>
> Dream on...

He said Canadian $, not US $.

> the type of riding will be Long distance, technical smooth trails & some trail riding on the farm
> & lake trails. I think around $1500. to 2000. Canadian like a I road a 2003 Jamis Daker today not
> bad ride for $1000. Cdn but some parts will have to be upgraded.

Sounds like you're looking for a high quality XC type ride. If you think you'll get into the sport
and like it, buy a bike with a bit higher quality components, you'll appreciate it in the long run.

Destroy wrote:
>> So you want a 'decent' FS, that will support your large frame, weighs in at 26lbs and will handle
>> 'big air drop offs'. And you want all that for $1500-2000?
>>
>> Dream on...
>>

> He said Canadian $, not US $.

Ohh, right. So seeing as he's got $2000 /Canadian/ to spend, he'll be able to get a much better bike
than if he had $2000 /US/.

Moron.

> Ohh, right. So seeing as he's got $2000 /Canadian/ to spend, he'll be able to get a much better
> bike than if he had $2000 /US/.

Oop, my bad. I was thinking Euro's. FWIW, $2000 CAD = 1,429.08 US

Destroy wrote:

>> Ohh, right. So seeing as he's got $2000 /Canadian/ to spend, he'll be able to get a much better
>> bike than if he had $2000 /US/.
>>

> Oop, my bad. I was thinking Euro's. FWIW, $2000 CAD = 1,429.08 US

Ohh, right. So seeing as he's got $2000 /Canadian/ to spend, he'll be able to get a much better bike
than if he had $2000 /Euros/.

bomba <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> BJ wrote:
>
> > the type of riding will be Long distance, technical smooth trails & some trail riding on the
> > farm & lake trails. I think around $1500. to 2000. Canadian like a I road a 2003 Jamis Daker
> > today not bad ride for $1000. Cdn but some parts will have to be upgraded.
>
> So you want a 'decent' FS, that will support your large frame, weighs in at 26lbs and will handle
> 'big air drop offs'. And you want all that for $1500-2000?
>
> Dream on...

So, your reverse lobotomy took? Well done, my son.

JD