Info wanted on trail *networks* -- eg Colorado, etc.

Matt O'Toole

Guest
I'm looking for info on trail networks around the country, such as in
Colorado where many towns are connected by bike paths. If
there are any other areas I should be aware of, please let me know. This
is research for a PR campaign for a statewide VA trail network.

Of course I'm well aware of the major sources like Rails-to-Trails, etc.

Thanks!

Matt O.

Matt O'Toole wrote:
> I'm looking for info on trail networks around the country, such as in
> Colorado where many towns are connected by bike paths. If
> there are any other areas I should be aware of, please let me know. This
> is research for a PR campaign for a statewide VA trail network.
>
> Of course I'm well aware of the major sources like Rails-to-Trails, etc.

Wisconsin, where the Sparta-Elroy Trail has a remarkable press agent.

Michigan is developing a trail network, but we need some tunnels on the
rail routes.

HTH

--Karen D.

"Matt O'Toole" wrote...
> I'm looking for info on trail networks around the country, such as in
> Colorado where many towns are connected by bike paths. If
> there are any other areas I should be aware of, please let me know. This
> is research for a PR campaign for a statewide VA trail network.
>
> Of course I'm well aware of the major sources like Rails-to-Trails, etc.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Matt O.

http://www.dot.state.co.us/bikeped/

www.bicyclecolo.org

are two places to start in Colorado. Summit and Eagle Counties have
extensive bike path networks, an updated bike path/trail guide to Summit
County is published every summer. The Summit Daily News
(http://www.summitdaily.com/) had an online version of the bike guide last
summer on their website, can't find it now. The guide gets updated every
spring/summer, so maybe the Summit Daily News can send you an old hard copy.

The CDOT (Colorado Dep't of Transportation) Bicycle Pedestrian program
publishes the Colorado Bicycling Map.

HTH,
--
mark