IRC Mythos XC (running mythos front on rear wheel)

skinny_tie

Jan 12, 2004
I picked up a couple of IRC Mythos XCs from the clearance pile at my LBS today. The guy who sold them to me gave me two with the same tread pattern and recommended reversing the one on the rear, and it wasn't until I got home that I realised they were front specific.

Has anybody here tried this? Would I be better off running it in the normal direction or just getting a proper rear tyre?

I forget exactly what the pattern was on the mythos, but I had a freind who liked it as a front tread. Assuming the blocks are not too flexible, I see no reason it couldn't work in back. Experiment.

Conniebiker said:
I forget exactly what the pattern was on the mythos, but I had a freind who liked it as a front tread. Assuming the blocks are not too flexible, I see no reason it couldn't work in back. Experiment.

Thanks. A few people on mtbr.com mentioned running it on the rear, although that was generally because they didn't like it as a front. I'll give them a go, they certainly can't be worse than the ones they're replacing.