Iron Chef American - who's got the scoop?

On 2004-03-15, Stark Raven <[email protected]> wrote:

> Not supposed to be funny? Then what? Profound? Don't think
> so. I guess wierd would do for me.

Then you'd have loved the original Iron Chef w/ English
subtitles. Half the fun was actually hearing the near
hysterical hosts and front-line commentators describe the
action. The current dull, subdued, English overdubs totally
kill the sense of frenzy and excitment of the real show.

nb

On Sun, 14 Mar 2004 20:13:05 -0600, John Gaughan <[email protected]>
Interjected.. :

> Steve Ritter wrote:
> >> What, no Alton or Emeril?
> >
> > Emeril who?
> >
> > Alton. You mean Alton Groobenpoontang? the father of
> > proper fries? Nah. He too busy doin' W.
>
> You are sick in the head. You fit in here perfectly!

(Blush) Thanks! Actually, I have for many years now. Just
had a bit a break with an occasional lurk:)

But my heart never left.

Steve

Buffering... _69%_ |||||||||||||||||||

On Mon, 15 Mar 2004 08:21:02 -0600, John Gaughan <[email protected]>
Interjected.. :

> Mike D wrote:
> >>What, no Alton or Emeril?
> >
> > LOL. Alton the actor, and emeril the intolerable.
>
> I hear Alton will be the commentator, which fits
> perfectly. He could add quite a bit to the mix, I think.
> Emeril as the host would be good too. Note that I would
> not want either one cooking: they are both good cooks, but
> not right to be on Iron Chef. Besides, Alton already said
> he does not want to be an Iron Chef.

So who is Da MC? If you say Shatner or Nimoy, I'll puke.

Steve

Buffering... _69%_ |||||||||||||||||||

On Mon, 15 Mar 2004 14:46:06 GMT, notbob <[email protected]>
Interjected.. :

> On 2004-03-15, Stark Raven <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > Not supposed to be funny? Then what? Profound? Don't
> > think so. I guess wierd would do for me.
>
> Then you'd have loved the original Iron Chef w/ English
> subtitles. Half the fun was actually hearing the near
> hysterical hosts and front-line commentators describe the
> action. The current dull, subdued, English overdubs
> totally kill the sense of frenzy and excitment of the
> real show.
>
> nb

Very much agree.

That is why I have about 4 years' worth of tapes from the
Fuji TV version, in S.F.with Japanese commercials and all.

It is a total audio visual extravaganza. I'm scared
foodless of the American version.

Steve

Buffering... _69%_ |||||||||||||||||||

Mr. Brown will not be the chairman. The Chairman of Iron
Chef America: Battle of the Masters will be Mark
Dacascos, actor (The Crow) and martial arts expert.

For more information on the Iron Chef America, please visit
http://www.ironfans.com/episodes/specials/ftvironchef/

The episodes will start telecasting April 23rd.

"Steve Ritter" <[email protected]> wrote in
message news:[email protected]...

On 2004-03-16, Steve Ritter <[email protected]> wrote:

> That is why I have about 4 years' worth of tapes from
> the Fuji TV version, in S.F.with Japanese commercials
> and all.

Yep, those were a hoot. Fish skin ice cream! ...ha!

> It is a total audio visual extravaganza. I'm scared
> foodless of the American version.

The all-American recreation was even worse ...a total
snooze, unworthy of resurection.

nb

Steve Ritter wrote:
> Actually, I have for many years now. Just had a bit a
> break with an occasional lurk:)

I am relatively new here. I think I started lurking in
November 2002, and posted a month or two later. I had a bad
experience with Usenet a while back and it took a while to
want to come back.

--
John Gaughan http://www.johngaughan.net/
[email protected]

Whenever you saw what looked like cream and sugar being
prepaired was one clue, the clincher was the ice cream
machine going into action at the 30 minute mark.

They're making ice cream WITH *THAT*?