General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Is Teflon dangerous?

Started by T'H'A'D'D'E'U'S · · Last activity · 25 posts · 2,504 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
13 January 2004
Last activity
13 January 2004
Original author
T'H'A'D'D'E'U'S
Posts
25
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
2,504
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 21–25 of 25
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. On Sat, 15 Nov 2003 04:03:59 GMT, T'h'a'd'd'e'u's L O'l'c'z'y'k

    o said:

    Ok. I was doing something else tonight, so I taped this story on
    20//20 claiming that Teflon is very dangerous and will catch it later, but I thought I would ask.

    Is it a valid claim, or just a bunch of reporters taken in by some kooks ala Mission Possible?

    if you burn teflon pans the fumes can actually kill some pet birds.

    Mack Type 1 since 1975 alt-support-diabetes.orgalt-support-diabetes.org insulin-pumpers.orginsulin-pumpers.org

    In tribute to the United States of America and the State of Israel, two bastions of strength in a
    world filled with strife and terrorism.

  2. T'h'a'd'd'e'u's L O'l'c'z'y'k <o,l,c,z,y,[email hidden]> wrote in
    misc.health.diabetes:

    Quoted message said:

    Ok. I was doing something else tonight, so I taped this story on
    20//20 claiming that Teflon is very dangerous and will catch it later, but I thought I would ask.

    Is it a valid claim, or just a bunch of reporters taken in by some kooks ala Mission Possible?

    As a dietary choice, it's not only lethal, it's very untasty as well.

    --
    CeeBee

    "I am not a crook"

    Google CeeBee @ www.geocities.com/ceebee_2

  3. T'h'a'd'd'e'u's L O'l'c'z'y'k <o,l,c,z,y,[email hidden]> wrote in
    misc.health.diabetes:

    Quoted message said:

    Ok. I was doing something else tonight, so I taped this story on
    20//20 claiming that Teflon is very dangerous and will catch it later, but I thought I would ask.

    Is it a valid claim, or just a bunch of reporters taken in by some kooks ala Mission Possible?

    BTW...

    bruha.comptfe.html

    --
    CeeBee

    "I am not a crook"

    Google CeeBee @ www.geocities.com/ceebee_2

  4. Beav said:


    "T'h'a'd'd'e'u's L O'l'c'z'y'k" <o,l,c,z,y,[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Ok. I was doing something else tonight, so I taped this story on
    20//20 claiming that Teflon is very dangerous and will catch it later, but I thought I would ask.

    I suppose it depends on how much you eat. I seriously doubt that the amount we manage to scrape off
    a flying is going to have much effect.

    Quoted message said:


    Is it a valid claim, or just a bunch of reporters taken in by some kooks ala Mission Possible?

    Well if we're talking reporters here......... 🙂


    Yeah after watching it I was unimpressed. But keep in mind Teflon is used in all sorts of things.
    The lubricant for my bicycle chain
    ( awonderous thing called "TriFlow" ) has Teflon in it. Winter clothes often use GoreTex which has
    Teflon. Clothes, rugs etc that are Scotch Guarded have Teflon. That stuff is useful.

    The thing they tried to make a big point of is that we are all exposed to a chemical because of
    Teflon. They called that chemical C8, If they mean 8 carbon atoms then I am far from impressed.

  5. Mack <[email hidden]> wrote in misc.health.diabetes:

    Quoted message said:

    if you burn teflon pans the fumes can actually kill some pet birds.

    Right. This was definitely a candidate for the Ig-nobelprize...

    Ehrsam H - “Intoxications with Lethal Outcomes in Small Pet Birds after Accidental Overheating of
    Cooking Pans Coated with Polytetrafluoroethylene Coating” Schweizer Archiv fuer Tierheilkunde 111:181-
    186 (1969)

    --
    CeeBee

    "I am not a crook"

    Google CeeBee @ www.geocities.com/ceebee_2

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.