It's Official: Saiz is certerifiably bonkers

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Nick Burns

This dude must have a lot of stress factors. He clearly expects his team to do even better than they
have. I suppose if he hasn't got a sponsor for next year and he feels he needs to have the team win
the Vuelta, well seeing that at risk must have pushed him over.

I am talking about his antics on the climb today. Apparently the psycho was trying to muscle (with
his car) the camera moto and caused a big stink. As of now, he can't pass the course referee and he
will possibly get more sanctions when they have time to think about it.

I think it was more of a mind game designed to break Roberto's focus. For those new to watching
stage racing, today certainly was a good introduction to team tactics

Tomorrow will be interesting. Too bad it isn't on OLN live.

"Nick Burns" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> This dude must have a lot of stress factors. He clearly expects his team
to
> do even better than they have. I suppose if he hasn't got a sponsor for
next
> year and he feels he needs to have the team win the Vuelta, well seeing
that
> at risk must have pushed him over.
>
> I am talking about his antics on the climb today. Apparently the psycho
was
> trying to muscle (with his car) the camera moto and caused a big stink. As of now, he can't pass
> the course referee and he will possibly get more sanctions when they have time to think about it.

"B. Lafferty" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> I think it was more of a mind game designed to break Roberto's focus. For those new to
> watching stage racing, today certainly was a good introduction to team tactics

Could be, but he was screaming his head off at the ref even well after he got put behind. Maybe he
was acting (Latin culture would require some drama there).

>
> Tomorrow will be interesting. Too bad it isn't on OLN live.
>
>
> "Nick Burns" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > This dude must have a lot of stress factors. He clearly expects his team
> to
> > do even better than they have. I suppose if he hasn't got a sponsor for
> next
> > year and he feels he needs to have the team win the Vuelta, well seeing
> that
> > at risk must have pushed him over.
> >
> > I am talking about his antics on the climb today. Apparently the psycho
> was
> > trying to muscle (with his car) the camera moto and caused a big stink.
As
> > of now, he can't pass the course referee and he will possibly get more sanctions when they have
> > time to think about it.
> >
>

news:<[email protected]>...
> This dude must have a lot of stress factors. He clearly expects his team to do even better than
> they have. I suppose if he hasn't got a sponsor for next year and he feels he needs to have the
> team win the Vuelta, well seeing that at risk must have pushed him over.
>
> I am talking about his antics on the climb today. Apparently the psycho was trying to muscle (with
> his car) the camera moto and caused a big stink. As of now, he can't pass the course referee and
> he will possibly get more sanctions when they have time to think about it.

Clearly, he is under a lot of stress, but his antics today were disgusting. Also note that everyone
in the team car was going bonkers not just Saiz. Riding a motorbike is not safe as is. The cameramen
really don't need to have Saiz running them off the road. I was also watching the race. I want to
see Heras. It was not like the camera bike never gave Nozal and protection when he was being dropped
in the mountains. Look, there are a lot of great things about Saiz: he always has a strong team, his
riders are dedicated to the team, his team has great equiptment, ect. This incident, however, is
disgusting and if I were a CEO i would not want to associate my company name with Saiz.

Originally posted by John
> This dude must have a lot of stress factors. He clearly expects his team to do even better than
> they have. I suppose if he hasn't got a sponsor for next year and he feels he needs to have the
>
> I am talking about his antics on the climb today. Apparently the psycho was trying to muscle (with
> his car) the camera moto and caused a big stink. As of now, he can't pass the course referee and

Clearly, he is under a lot of stress, but his antics today were disgusting. Also note that everyone
in the team car was going bonkers not just Saiz. Riding a motorbike is not safe as is. The cameramen
really don't need to have Saiz running them off the road. I was also watching the race. I want to
see Heras. It was not like the camera bike never gave Nozal and protection when he was being dropped
in the mountains. Look, there are a lot of great things about Saiz: he always has a strong team, his
riders are dedicated to the team, his team has great equiptment, ect. This incident, however, is
disgusting and if I were a CEO i would not want to associate my company name with Saiz.

http://www.todociclismo.com/noticia.asp?id=12885
Saiz has been expelled from the race.

Originally posted by John
>

"Jeff Jones" <jeff@cyclingnews-punt-com> wrote in message
>
> "Nick Burns" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> >
> > I am talking about his antics on the climb today. Apparently the psycho
> was
> > trying to muscle (with his car) the camera moto and caused a big stink.
As
> > of now, he can't pass the course referee and he will possibly get more sanctions when they have
> > time to think about it.
> >
> Not surprisingly, he's now certifiably out:
>
> http://www.cyclingnews.com/road/2003/vuelta03/?id=results/stage19
>
> Jeff

Thanks JJ. I expected it too and I am glad.

Status
Not open for further replies.