It's Official: Saiz is certerifiably bonkers

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Nick Burns, Sep 26, 2003.

  1. Nick Burns

    Nick Burns Guest

    This dude must have a lot of stress factors. He clearly expects his team to do even better than they
    have. I suppose if he hasn't got a sponsor for next year and he feels he needs to have the team win
    the Vuelta, well seeing that at risk must have pushed him over.

    I am talking about his antics on the climb today. Apparently the psycho was trying to muscle (with
    his car) the camera moto and caused a big stink. As of now, he can't pass the course referee and he
    will possibly get more sanctions when they have time to think about it.

    Tags:

  2. B. Lafferty

    B. Lafferty Guest

    I think it was more of a mind game designed to break Roberto's focus. For those new to watching
    stage racing, today certainly was a good introduction to team tactics

    Tomorrow will be interesting. Too bad it isn't on OLN live.

    "Nick Burns" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > This dude must have a lot of stress factors. He clearly expects his team
    > do even better than they have. I suppose if he hasn't got a sponsor for
    next
    > year and he feels he needs to have the team win the Vuelta, well seeing
    that
    > at risk must have pushed him over.
    >
    > I am talking about his antics on the climb today. Apparently the psycho
    was
    > trying to muscle (with his car) the camera moto and caused a big stink. As of now, he can't pass
    > the course referee and he will possibly get more sanctions when they have time to think about it.

  3. Nick Burns

    Nick Burns Guest

    > I think it was more of a mind game designed to break Roberto's focus. For those new to
    > watching stage racing, today certainly was a good introduction to team tactics

    Could be, but he was screaming his head off at the ref even well after he got put behind. Maybe he
    was acting (Latin culture would require some drama there).

    > Tomorrow will be interesting. Too bad it isn't on OLN live.
    >

    > "Nick Burns" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > This dude must have a lot of stress factors. He clearly expects his team
    > > do even better than they have. I suppose if he hasn't got a sponsor for
    > next
    > > year and he feels he needs to have the team win the Vuelta, well seeing
    > that
    > > at risk must have pushed him over.
    > >
    > > I am talking about his antics on the climb today. Apparently the psycho
    > was
    > > trying to muscle (with his car) the camera moto and caused a big stink.
    As
    > > of now, he can't pass the course referee and he will possibly get more sanctions when they have
    > > time to think about it.

  4. John

    John Guest

    "Nick Burns" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > This dude must have a lot of stress factors. He clearly expects his team to do even better than
    > they have. I suppose if he hasn't got a sponsor for next year and he feels he needs to have the
    > team win the Vuelta, well seeing that at risk must have pushed him over.
    >
    > I am talking about his antics on the climb today. Apparently the psycho was trying to muscle (with
    > his car) the camera moto and caused a big stink. As of now, he can't pass the course referee and
    > he will possibly get more sanctions when they have time to think about it.

    Clearly, he is under a lot of stress, but his antics today were disgusting. Also note that everyone
    in the team car was going bonkers not just Saiz. Riding a motorbike is not safe as is. The cameramen
    really don't need to have Saiz running them off the road. I was also watching the race. I want to
    see Heras. It was not like the camera bike never gave Nozal and protection when he was being dropped
    in the mountains. Look, there are a lot of great things about Saiz: he always has a strong team, his
    riders are dedicated to the team, his team has great equiptment, ect. This incident, however, is
    disgusting and if I were a CEO i would not want to associate my company name with Saiz.

  5. DiabloScott

    DiabloScott New Member

    Joined:
    May 15, 2003
    Messages:
    2,284
    http://www.todociclismo.com/noticia.asp?id=12885
    Saiz has been expelled from the race.

  6. DiabloScott

    DiabloScott New Member

    Joined:
    May 15, 2003
    Messages:
    2,284

  7. Jeff Jones

    Jeff Jones Guest

  8. Nick Burns

    Nick Burns Guest

    "Jeff Jones" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > "Nick Burns" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > >
    > > I am talking about his antics on the climb today. Apparently the psycho
    > was
    > > trying to muscle (with his car) the camera moto and caused a big stink.
    As
    > > of now, he can't pass the course referee and he will possibly get more sanctions when they have
    > > time to think about it.
    > >
    > Not surprisingly, he's now certifiably out:
    >
    > http://www.cyclingnews.com/road/2003/vuelta03/?id=results/stage19
    >
    > Jeff

    Thanks JJ. I expected it too and I am glad.