It's snowing so hard I can barely see the houses across the street

64Paramount

Jul 25, 2009
I'm sooo glad I don't have to be outside in that mess. We are supposed to have 12 inches or more additional snowfall by noon tomorrow. /img/vbsmilies/smilies/eek.gif

Reactions: haleylx4

BHOFM

Aug 8, 2010
I don't mean to sound hard,, but thank goodness it is you and not me!

61`f, a bit windy, we were having our evening coffee on the deck. Did a
a few miles on the new bike. The "new" bike I got in Oct had a bit of an
accident yesterday. I have a sore toe and some pain in my hand.

JoelTGM

Oct 21, 2010
jeez, now I feel silly about complaining about a slight wind today. It barely ever snows here, I'm very lucky! Although living by the ocean means we do get a constant deafening wind here... but still, there's no snow in that wind :)

64Paramount

Jul 25, 2009
Originally Posted by BHOFM .

I don't mean to sound hard,, but thank goodness it is you and not me!

61`f, a bit windy, we were having our evening coffee on the deck. Did a
a few miles on the new bike. The "new" bike I got in Oct had a bit of an
accident yesterday. I have a sore toe and some pain in my hand.

Naw, that's not hard BH. It's supposed to snow in Minnesota...but, I am glad I didn't have be out in it yesterday.

Sorry to hear about your accident, I hope you get well quickly!

Originally Posted by JoelTGM .

jeez, now I feel silly about complaining about a slight wind today. It barely ever snows here, I'm very lucky! Although living by the ocean means we do get a constant deafening wind here... but still, there's no snow in that wind :)

Well, if it was July and I was wanting to go for a ride I'd probably complain if it was windy too. /img/vbsmilies/smilies/biggrin.gif

But we had 3 or 4 days last week when the temp got into the forties and it was windy, but it felt wonderful. /img/vbsmilies/smilies/drool.gif

Steve_A

Sep 7, 2010
Well, I'm glad you're philosophical about it, Paramount! Don't know what we're going to get tonight, some sleet some snow. I may or may not go to work tomorrow; we're required to clear the sidewalks and I have a corner lot. The ice will probably make my puny snowblower ineffective. Not complaining, just lookin forward to Spring!

JoelTGM

Oct 21, 2010
OH spoke too soon dammit. It snowed hard here last night, and because nobody is prepared for this stuff we're all kind of at a stand still. I got stuck a few times trying to drive just around the block here. I guess I won't be riding for a while.

Johnny Miller

Jul 28, 2009
We got some good snow out here in Taos NM, a few inches last night and more is on the way. Big change from Central California.

JSWin

Jul 13, 2015
I love that. It is so cozy. If you dislike it there must be something more to it that you are missing. They should make snow tires for bicycles.

mpre53

Feb 20, 2013
Cape Cod, MA, USA
JSWin said:
They should make snow tires for bicycles.
Guess what, Einstein. :rolleyes:

Attachments

• studded.biketires.jpg
    studded.biketires.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 1

Susimi

May 24, 2015
mpre53 said:
Guess what, Einstein. :rolleyes:
Thought you had him blocked ;)?

Pretty nice looking tyres but getting them just for what could be a couple days at most of snowy conditions I just do not see as practical. Ahh the Great British weather.