It's snowing!

Discussion in 'General Fitness' started by steve common, Nov 26, 2005.

  1. steve common

    steve common Guest

    No shit.

    Forecast 1°C at race start 7°C at end, showers (of what?), 12mph wind in the
    bad direction. This is a race for Dot or anders :))

    See y'all tomorrow night. Have a good one if your running this week-end.

    Tags:

  2. marko

    marko Guest

    steve common wrote:
    > No shit.
    >
    > Forecast 1°C at race start 7°C at end, showers (of what?), 12mph wind in the
    > bad direction. This is a race for Dot or anders :))

    best of luck to you!

    > See y'all tomorrow night. Have a good one if your running this week-end.

    well... because of the snow (a couple of inches, which is what we call a
    snowstorm here in paris (-:) my 10k race was finally canceled this
    saturday afternoon.
    i'll run long instead, tomorrow.

  3. Dot

    Dot Guest

    marko wrote:

    > steve common wrote:
    >
    >> No shit.
    >>
    >> Forecast 1°C at race start 7°C at end, showers (of what?), 12mph wind
    >> in the
    >> bad direction. This is a race for Dot or anders :))

    > best of luck to you!
    >
    >> See y'all tomorrow night. Have a good one if your running this week-end.

    > well... because of the snow (a couple of inches, which is what we call a
    > snowstorm here in paris (-:) my 10k race was finally canceled this
    > saturday afternoon.
    > i'll run long instead, tomorrow.

    Good luck, Steve. (I know, I'm late, as usual)

    We've had some beautiful weather since about Tues or Wed. System dumped
    about a foot of snow over a few days, and temperatures have been about
    -5F/-21C to 15F/-10C. Best snow in 2 years. :) :) They hadn't groomed
    the trails on Thurs - actually, it was still snowing and deposited an
    inch in the 2.5 hr I was snowshoeing. I got to break the main trail as
    well as the new single track (4-5 mi combined), which won't be machine
    groomed. Went out today for another couple hrs packing the single track
    down as I ran/walked - main trails were groomed, so it wasn't as hard today.

    Yes, Virginia, Alaska still does get winter occasionally!

    Dot

    --
    "A winner is just a loser who tried one more time." -Captain George M.
    Moore, Jr., United States Air Force (retired),

  4. "Let's get down to truffle roots."
    ~ Pearl

  5. "Hark ~ ! Hark ~ !
    I hear a dark white horse
    Galloping ~ !

    She canters precariously
    Between a rock and the deep blue sea.

    My aphoristic moral I unfurl profusely
    For you ~

    If you come to a fork in the road,
    Take it

    Home. You may very well own
    A matching spoonerism."
    ~ Justin

  6. "There is a huge advantage in working
    With mirrored reflections,
    "Notch
    Filters, co-ordination schemes ...

    Ambiguous, dyslexic, equivalent, abstraction,
    Objectivity,
    Convergence

    To be ambivalent about something
    .... to be able to loose sight of the
    Direction to it ...

    .... simply folds 2 into 1."
    ~ Raving

    "The Owls are a,e,i,o,u
    And sometimes y."
    ~ Dr. AE

    "Female moths are called lunar myths."
    ~ Ms. Moth Q. Wrangerl

  7. "It is kisstomary to cuss the bride."
    ~ Miss Malaprop

    "... and that is a horse of a different feather."
    ~ Hawking

    "Although the patient had never been fatally ill before,
    She woke up dead ~

    Knocked in the head ...
    Or so it was unanimously said,
    If not bedside ..."
    ~ Dr. Bernstein

    "Where's Edward ~ ?"
    ~ Yorick

  8. "Of The Heart's
    Art

    Of The Held House of Too, alive,
    Inhabited, housed inside
    The Notebooks of Construction

    Of Thee ~ Of Thy Alphabet, where your song
    Dislodges formal construction,
    Lodges, Too,

    The Notebooks of Construction
    Of My Alphabet ...

    Notebooks of Construction for Our Alphabet,
    My alphabet that renders years,
    Tears, yours,
    Both blocks and letters ~
    Of inborn dwelling,