Jaksche's Interview

Wayne666: Thanks. What an excellent read. Though dejecting. It was just frickin' typical all the rebuttals at the end over Jaksche's allegations in his autobiographical interview. Pathetic. But then again, the sport attracted liars because it was a necessary requirement of being able to do the job. Granted it didn't seem as wrong when everyone knew everyone was doing it, and the authorities looked the other way. If not for the actions of the independent police, ie Festina and Operation Puerto, then this **** would still be covered up.

I found his hearsay at the end that teams were doing deals with the UCI as interesting and demoralizing.

I also understand why Levi had a big smile on his face last July. He had finally found a team with some good **** and enough connections to skirt controls.

How much is Deutsche Telekom's sponsorship withdrawal caused by this Jaksche interview? Seems like if the German public believe him, which seems to be the case, then DT had no choice.

Crankyfeet said:
How much is Deutsche Telekom's sponsorship withdrawal caused by this Jaksche interview? Seems like if the German public believe him, which seems to be the case, then DT had no choice.
aaargh !

lucybears said:
After the Jaksche interview was published in early July, Telekom were still prepared to continue sponsorship. It was THIS INTERVIEW that was the proverbial straw
http://click.cyclingfever.com/?jump=3/4433/1167822726-86

This quote is interesting, talking about his vocal fellow riders:

"It's a great disappointment to me to hear someone with whom I've shared a room for weeks making those kinds of statements, especially because I wasn't in a position to defend myself. Sometimes it's a brutal profession. The first thing I thought of at the time was revenge."

This sounds almost like Vino. It's also interesting that he was only using testosterone and cortisone, and no actual blood manipulation leading up to the Tour (if he's telling the truth now, that is).