McQuaid and Jaksche

”I do not necessarily think, that average speed has anything to do with doping. Every race is different, every mountain is different, and the wind is different,” McQuaid said.
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

POK88 said:
Doping? Thats illegal! :eek: It has to be the wind.

Paddy is probebly a bit nervous, he still doesn't know what JJ told the German federal police about Verbruggens organisation...

cyclingheroes said:

Paddy is probebly a bit nervous, he still doesn't know what JJ told the German federal police about Verbruggens organisation...
Does he mean windy as in Mother Nature's Tempest or as in good old gastric gasses? Farting has now been outlawed by the UCI - synthetic EPO is fine, but no farting! :D

cyclingheroes said:

agreed. scary. I like how McQuaid is attempting to discredit JJ with the fact that he accepted money for interviews..... how else can he pay his rent ?

Maybe the German police will do a bust on the UCI and its documents ? can they do that ? ahhhh no... thats why they are in Switzerland.............

whiteboytrash said:
agreed. scary. I like how McQuaid is attempting to discredit JJ with the fact that he accepted money for interviews..... how else can he pay his rent ?

Maybe the German police will do a bust on the UCI and its documents ? can they do that ? ahhhh no... thats why they are in Switzerland.............
If they get a court order they can, the Germans have a treaty about cooperation in criminal investigations. They also raided Ullrichs Swiss house on basis of that agreement.

cyclingheroes said:
If they get a court order they can, the Germans have a treaty about cooperation in criminal investigations. They also raided Ullrichs Swiss house on basis of that agreement.
would be interesting....... not sure if there is anything there thou.... I'm sure Verarseruggin has ordered the paper shredding already.....

I particularly like this quote
”When you get paid enough money to do something, your objectivity tends to go out the window,” Pat McQuaid said.
A pity he doesn't tell how much he's making as UCI president. I bet it's enough to cloud his own objectivity.

Cobblestones said:
A pity he doesn't tell how much he's making as UCI president. I bet it's enough to cloud his own objectivity.
I think overseeing a sport where probably up until quite recently 95+% of the athletes at the top end were juicing to one degree or another is more than sufficient to cloud one's objectivity. Especially since it's still going on to a large extent and many of those ex-dopers are still in cycling in one way or another.

Why is it that authoritarian types always have a tin ear. McQuaid never misses an opportunity to stick his foot in his mouth.

Wayne666 said:
I think overseeing a sport where probably up until quite recently 95+% of the athletes at the top end were juicing to one degree or another is more than sufficient to cloud one's objectivity. Especially since it's still going on to a large extent and many of those ex-dopers are still in cycling in one way or another.
how many top end athletes are not juicing?

Hushovd would be the only winner in my estimation. (the assumption I make is, he is clean, and Jaan Kirsipuu said, the only top rider who is clean is Thor Hushovd)

who else...

Mcgee, Wiggins, Gilbert, Voeckler, Casar, Moncoutie (again, making quite a stretch, that these guys are all clean also)

None of those guys can win a selective stage. Well, Mcgee can win a sprint after a mtn stage in Tour de Suisse. But if the equivalent mtn descent finish was in the Tour, he would be struggling to be there. Tho, when Disco was off the back, on the stage that Weening won in the 2005 Tour, beating Kloden, Mcgee was there in the bunch 20 seconds back.

I dont think you can win clean, unless you are a sprinter.

Pat, Pat - what the hell are you doing, man?

The man has lost the run of himself.
You were the best coach I ever had - superb.
All those training sesssions in the mid-1980's in Milltown.

Give it up, Pat.
You're wasting our time.

I don't want to sound like a broken record for fear of having Nike and cow blood creep into every one of my posts.

So, I'm just going to say it one more time. The UCI has a conflict of interest. McQuaid's job is to sell the sport. He doesn't want to tarnish its reputation by admitting the problem or, god forbid, catching people actually doping.

Does he think that all races have been run in a tailwind for the last 20 years or that Ventoux is shrinking?

Go get em Jorg. Never liked him so much as a cyclist. He is turning out to be entertaining during his ban.

Frigo's Luggage said:
Does he think that all races have been run in a tailwind for the last 20 years
The ridiculous performance increases have been due to a tailwind for the last nine years--Tailwind Sports.

Frigo's Luggage said:
I don't want to sound like a broken record for fear of having Nike and cow blood creep into every one of my posts.

So, I'm just going to say it one more time. The UCI has a conflict of interest. McQuaid's job is to sell the sport. He doesn't want to tarnish its reputation by admitting the problem or, god forbid, catching people actually doping.

Does he think that all races have been run in a tailwind for the last 20 years or that Ventoux is shrinking?

Go get em Jorg. Never liked him so much as a cyclist. He is turning out to be entertaining during his ban.

Correct.

UCI can't serve two masters.
It cannot be poacher and gamekeeper all at once.

What we're witnessing now is the scramble for the deckchairs on the Titanic.
What Pat has failed to notice is that the sports reputation - what was left of it - is now up for grabs.

I always rated Jorg as a rider - he was a solid rider.
Now that he's been thrown to the wolves, I hope he's spills the beans.

thunder said:
how many top end athletes are not juicing?
The only guys I would bet money on are McGee, Wiggins, Gilbert, Hushvold and Moncoutie. Some of these guys I would need good odds to place the bet.

Hell, before I found out Pseudofed was only a couple steps away from meth, I used to race with it in my system all the time. Its not necessarily the doping that pisses me off. Its the hypocrisy.

limerickman said:
I always rated Jorg as a rider - he was a solid rider.
Now that he's been thrown to the wolves, I hope he's spills the beans.
Yeah. He was real solid. Thats probably why he wasn't a favorite of mine. I didn't dislike him. I just tend to root for they guy that seems to be hanging by a thread at all times...like Voekler.