McQuaid, Meet the Man Who Wants to Replace You

vspa said:
fresh news: Swiss Cycling will not support or vote for McQuaid, election day on 27 September,
Well, that's yet to be confirmed. Unfortunately, if it is confirmed and the Swiss withdraw their nomination of McQuaid, we'll still be left with the Moroccan and Thai nominations if the associated UCI charter amendment proposal is passed. That amendment would also require Cookson to secure additional nominations. On the upside, there's a lot of attention focused on the UCI and the Swiss right now because of these issues. The UCI members, especially those who vote for such amendments, have to understand that the UCI's credibility is at stake, what credibility they have left.

Originally Posted by vspa .

fresh news: Swiss Cycling will not support or vote for McQuaid,
election day on 27 September,
Hopefully our Swiss friends will stick to this decision.

The sport needs to get shot of McQuaid.

limerickman said:
Hopefully our Swiss friends will stick to this decision. The sport needs to get shot of McQuaid.
It's official. The Swiss announced today that they were rescinding their nomination of McQuaid.

Originally Posted by alienator .

It's official. The Swiss announced today that they were rescinding their nomination of McQuaid.
Thanks, Alienator.

Pat is still holding out hope that the likes of Thailand won't desert him
yawn.png

limerickman said:
Thanks, Alienator. Pat is still holding out hope that the likes of Thailand won't desert him
yawn.png
And that slim hope is based on hope that the proposed UCI amendment allowing the Thai and Moroccan nominations passes. Wow. It's beginning to look like the UCI might have the opportunity for a fresh start.

i'll give pat & cookson their due, since they're managing to keep what was otherwise a dull re-election on the front burner. i grant that the back room stuff with ccn and makarov make me think that little will change but for a positioning of the chairs, but i do hope that cookson taking the presidency ushers in a new era instead of a realigning at the trough.

Reactions: limerickman