Jan Ullrich : good to see him back riding his bike!

limerickman

Jan 5, 2004
I see that Jan tells us about his experience riding the Ötztal Radmarathon cyclo event in Austria on his website.
http://www.janullrich.de/

There has been some other comment about him cycling again : some comment is negative, but I'm glad to say most comment is positive.
http://inrng.com/2011/08/riding-for-pleasure/

Personally I think it's great to see him back cycling especially for the fun of cycling.
If the man ever decides to come to Ireland for a spin, no doubt he'd get a great welcome here too.

Allez Jan!

Originally Posted by Andrija .

He's just using the most simply and most efficient training method for out of saddle climbing.
It's called "*****"
He's working hard to get some *****/img/vbsmilies/smilies/biggrin.gif

Jan and Thomas in the Alps last week. I need to get over there so they can kick my butt in the mountains.

really good to see him. Lots of professional cyclists are offended after career and don't touch bicycles any more claiming that riding was too hard almost like working in a factory. It's nice to see that cycling is pleasent for him.

I'm glad he's kept passion for the sport despite everything, and I'm sure the conclusion of his case will do him even more good.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/ullrich-considering-a-doping-confession

What ever he says in statement, won't change opinion of most fans.
And after series of confessions from his team mates, couple of years ago, there's nothing he can say what would surprise us.

He's a cheater like the rest of them. I could not care less about whether or not he rides a bicycle again, for fun or profit.

"Personally I think it's great to see him back cycling especially for the fun of cycling."

Jan is not participating in these events for fun. He's getting paid.

Originally Posted by qdc15 .

He's a cheater like the rest of them. I could not care less about whether or not he rides a bicycle again, for fun or profit.

"Personally I think it's great to see him back cycling especially for the fun of cycling."

You could care less but you think its great?

Good for you. Don't ride with him. I'm also going to assume that your feelings are exactly the same about Merckx (busted for doping), Simpson (died from doping on Mt. Ventoux), and Jacques Anquetil (admitted doping), as well as many other riders of that era. After all, for the sake of the gods, you have to be equal in your condemnation.

Meanwhile his fans can enjoy the fact that he's on his bike and out where fans can see and greet him. Good for Jan.

Originally Posted by alienator .

Meanwhile his fans can enjoy the fact that he's on his bike and out where fans can see and greet him. Good for Jan.
Exactally! who wouldn't like swapping turns with Jan Ullrich.

I suppose he should be a greeter at WalMart rather than making a living at what he knows. I feel sorry for all of you individuals that are so full of hate. The rest of us won't be brought down to your negative level.

Originally Posted by danfoz .

Like the rest of who?
Bicycle racers. Have you been living under a rock?

Sorry if I hurt anyones feelings. Choose your heros better. These guys are as fake as "professional wrestlers".

Sorry if I hurt anyones feelings. Choose your heros better. These guys are as fake as "professional wrestlers".
Uh-huh. Right.

Fakes that have to train their a** off all week long just to stay on a team. Only a few make the top 10% that make any money.
Some for sure cheat but it still takes full time dedication to a training program that the would kill an average person.
There is no magic drug that turns a lazy turd into a world class athlete.

Quote:

I doubt you hurt anyones feelings but for someone who finds the topic laughable it's an interesting choice of time management perusing and commenting on a thread about pro cycling. Do you visit the wrestling forums as well?

Cmon man. Evidently you are the one who is looking for a hero. Time for you to grow up if you are in need of a hero.