Just finished dis-branding my bike

[email protected] says...

> "Andy Chequer" <andy@(youdontwantthisbitinit)thisisasparagus.com> wrote in message
> news:R%hqa.476$u%[email protected]...
> > You can't polish a dog turd.
> >
> > I drive a Ford Escort. I know these things.
> >
> > Andy Chequer
> >

> We should prove our loyalty to our bikes by starting a "Worst Car in A-MB" thread. I probably
> won't win - my truck's not that bad, even though its overheating this morning cost me a PHS-111
> test - but I bet there are some real piles of **** lurking around our driveways. :)
>
> Chris

I can't really complain about mine. the engine is about to drop out, but the body is in near mint
condition. it's a 1982 Dodge 400 sedan w/2.6L Mitsubishi engine (yes, the one with the _bad_
carburator). it may leak a little coolant and gas (both into the oil pan), and have worn out timing
chain guides (makes a nice sound at high rpm), but it rides nice, has working AC, a good stereo
(cause i installed it) and speakers, and it even has electric adjustable seats. pretty good for a
$500 car. I must say though, the side mirrors are lethal as they are too small, and the back of the
car causes a huge blind spot about 15 - 20' wide @ 35' out.
http://www.megalink.net/~farmers/82_dodge_400.jpg Picture taken last fall before the 14 cord of fire
wood was brought in.

~Travis
--
To reply by email, remove clothes.

travis5765.homelinux.net, Primary Administrator TF Custom Electronic, Owner/Founder/Developer

> "Technician" <[email protected]> wrote in message > >
> > > Trav, gestures don't get nicer than this.
> > >
> > > Andy Chequer
>
> > I fully agree.
> >
> > ~Travis
>
> And if you need more parts to finish the frame I have a bunch of stuff that you can have. Email me
> if you get the frame.
>
> Gary in VA

It's amazing the kindness of strangers sometimes. i think i should be able to move most of the stuff
over from my current bike, though i will keep the gesture in mind should i have a compatibility
miss-match somewhere.

I'm thinking i will give my old frame to a friend of mine who has a god- awful ugly wal-goose.
either that or see if i can sell it on ebay to some unsuspecting person ;-)

I find it interesting that the same group that provides several hair singing posts, can also hold
some truly good people. its an interesting world we live in. Makes me humble enough to wonder if i
am deserving of such kindness when i so rarely return it. I only hope that i can return the
kindness in some way. but i bet there is somebody just itching to post "you can return the kindness
by not *****ing anymore". at least i wont have anymore reason to ***** about my bike, and i can
work on the rest.

So again, i thank you for the offer, but i think i will wait to see what i have that fits and
what doesn't.

~Travis
--
To reply by email, remove clothes.

travis5765.homelinux.net, Primary Administrator TF Custom Electronic, Owner/Founder/Developer

In article <[email protected]>, "Andy Chequer"
<andy@(youdontwantthisbitinit)thisisasparagus.com> says...

> "John G" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> >

> > Andy Chequer wrote:
> > > You can't polish a dog turd.
> >
> > You can if you freeze it, and apply many coats of shellac. <DAMHIKT>
>
> Go on then. We want photos too.
>
> Andy Chequer

What's this "we"?

~Travis
--
travis57 at megalink dot net

Technician wrote:

>>Technician wrote:
>>
>>>Well, stand-over is about 36" w/shoes.
>>
>>DAM, You got long legs... I got a 33" S.O. and I'm 6'3"
>

> Interestingly, i'm 6'3" too.

Different propotions...... Ive got a long torso and short legs

> i didn't realize they were that big though (perhaps why i needed the long and strong
> Thomson post).

more extension, aye.

Technician wrote:

> It's amazing the kindness of strangers sometimes.

Just doing for you what others have done for me. you should see a movie called "play it foreward"

> I find it interesting that the same group that provides several hair singing posts, can also hold
> some truly good people. its an interesting world we live in. Makes me humble enough to wonder if i
> am deserving of such kindness when i so rarely return it.

somerthing to consider, indeed.

> I only hope that i can return the kindness in some way. but i bet there is somebody just itching
> to post "you can return the kindness by not *****ing anymore".

that would be a good start.

On Sat, 26 Apr 2003 18:17:09 -0400, ClydesdaleMTB <[email protected]> wrote:

>Technician wrote:
>
>> It's amazing the kindness of strangers sometimes.
>

>Just doing for you what others have done for me. you should see a movie called "play it foreward"

damn good movie! I didn't like the kid getting killed at the end. But that IS life.

In article <[email protected]>, Dave W <[email protected]> wrote:

> On Sat, 26 Apr 2003 18:17:09 -0400, ClydesdaleMTB <[email protected]> wrote:
>

> >Technician wrote:
> >
> >> It's amazing the kindness of strangers sometimes.
> >

> >Just doing for you what others have done for me. you should see a movie called "play it foreward"
>
> damn good movie! I didn't like the kid getting killed at the end. But that IS life.

You dummies.

1) The movie is not called "Play it Forward"

2) The movie stank. Like, really really stupid. Like made Douglas Sirk melodramas look smart.

3) I was going to make a joke here about the movie being "Play it to the Bone", but decided you
wouldn't get it.

4) obBike: going riding now.

On Sun, 27 Apr 2003 11:21:19 -0700, Ryan Cousineau <[email protected]> wrote:

>In article <[email protected]>, Dave W <[email protected]> wrote:

>> >Just doing for you what others have done for me. you should see a movie called "play it
>> >foreward"
>>
>> damn good movie! I didn't like the kid getting killed at the end. But that IS life.
>
>You dummies.
>
>1) The movie is not called "Play it Forward"

I' know It's PAY it forward. But you obviously knew what he was talking about. Correction
unwarrented IMHO

>2) The movie stank. Like, really really stupid. Like made Douglas Sirk melodramas look smart.

That is your opinion. And you're welcome to it. But you're wrong.

>3) I was going to make a joke here about the movie being "Play it to the Bone", but decided you
> wouldn't get it.

Thanks for looking out for us. Now, go play with your own bone. Thank you very much.

>4) obBike: going riding now.

Damn, you are slow. I've already been, got back. Cleaned my bike, relubed the chain. Trued my
rear wheel. Had some wonderful homemade mexican food. Had a few cold ones. Ready for a nice cool
Sunday evening.

Dave

Ryan Cousineau <[email protected]> wrote

> 2) The movie stank. Like, really really stupid. Like made Douglas Sirk melodramas look smart.

Thank you. This love-fest was making me want to barf.

3:2 Trav implodes again before the bike is even built.

CC

Corvus Corvax wrote:
> Ryan Cousineau <[email protected]> wrote
>
>>2) The movie stank. Like, really really stupid. Like made Douglas Sirk melodramas look smart.
>

> Thank you. This love-fest was making me want to barf.
>
> 3:2 Trav implodes again before the bike is even built.

I'll take those odds..

ClydesdaleMTB wrote:
> Corvus Corvax wrote:
>> Ryan Cousineau <[email protected]> wrote
>>
>>> 2) The movie stank. Like, really really stupid. Like made Douglas Sirk melodramas look smart.
>>

>> Thank you. This love-fest was making me want to barf.
>>
>> 3:2 Trav implodes again before the bike is even built.
>
> I'll take those odds..

plus everyone needs an excues to clean out the odd bits box (carton?) in the garage... Penny

Penny S. wrote:
> ClydesdaleMTB wrote:
>>Corvus Corvax wrote:
>>>3:2 Trav implodes again before the bike is even built.
>>I'll take those odds..
> plus everyone needs an excues to clean out the odd bits box (carton?) in the garage...

"Everybody has a special purpose"

John G <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

> Penny S. wrote:
> > ClydesdaleMTB wrote:
> >>I'll take those odds..
> > plus everyone needs an excues to clean out the odd bits box (carton?) in
the
> > garage...
>
> "Everybody has a special purpose"

********. Now, can we please get back to our 'feel the love!' session?? Hmmmm???? Thanks.....

Shaun aRe ',;~}~

Shaun Rimmer wrote:
> John G <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
>

>>Penny S. wrote:

>>>plus everyone needs an excues to clean out the odd bits box (carton?) in
>>
> the
>
>>>garage...
>>
>>"Everybody has a special purpose"
>

> ********. Now, can we please get back to our 'feel the love!' session??

I take it you've never seen Steve Martin in "The Jerk" ?-)

John G <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

> Shaun Rimmer wrote:
> > John G <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

in

> > the

> >>"Everybody has a special purpose"
> >

> > ********. Now, can we please get back to our 'feel the love!' session??
>
> I take it you've never seen Steve Martin in "The Jerk" ?-)

Prolly not, but I was just being me. I do that sometimes......

',;~}~

Shaun aRe

Shaun Rimmer wrote:
> John G <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>I take it you've never seen Steve Martin in "The Jerk" ?-)
> Prolly not,

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GO RENT IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--
Johnson, Navin R. He hates these cans, stay away from the cans!"

On Wed, 30 Apr 2003 10:38:11 +0100, "Shaun Rimmer" <[email protected]> wrote:

>John G <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
>>

>> Shaun Rimmer wrote:

>> > ********. Now, can we please get back to our 'feel the love!' session??
>>
>> I take it you've never seen Steve Martin in "The Jerk" ?-)
>
>Prolly not, but I was just being me. I do that sometimes......
>

>',;~}~
>
>Shaun aRe

Life imitates art.

Dave