Kettler Bikes

Sam Salt

Guest
A friend is looking round for a new bike and there was an ad in the
weekend paper for Kettler.

A visit to their website showed very agreeable prices with most kit
seeming to be included.

http://tinyurl.com/5jpccr

They only appear to sell mail order and whilst not knowing the quality
of the construction,parts etc.,I wondered if anyone had any experience
of one.

The only perhaps downside ( admittedly only at first glance ) is that
they also seem to make/market lots of other things so are not a
dedicated bike firm.

Sam Salt

---
Virus Database (VPS): 080608-0, 08/06/2008
Tested on: 08/06/2008 10:38:46

On Sun, 08 Jun 2008 10:38:45 +0100
Sam Salt <[email protected]> wrote:

> A friend is looking round for a new bike and there was an ad in the
> weekend paper for Kettler.
>
> A visit to their website showed very agreeable prices with most kit
> seeming to be included.
>
> http://tinyurl.com/5jpccr
>
> They only appear to sell mail order and whilst not knowing the
> quality of the construction,parts etc.,I wondered if anyone had any
> experience of one.

We used to sell them occasionally. Kettler has been making aluminium
utility bikes for a long time, quality was always reasonable although
they were no lightweights.

> The only perhaps downside ( admittedly only at first glance ) is that
> they also seem to make/market lots of other things so are not a
> dedicated bike firm.

Shimano makes fishing equipment, Kettler makes tubular things, many of
them with wheels. :)

"Rob Morley" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> On Sun, 08 Jun 2008 10:38:45 +0100
> Sam Salt <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> A friend is looking round for a new bike and there was an ad in the
>> weekend paper for Kettler.
>>
>> A visit to their website showed very agreeable prices with most kit
>> seeming to be included.
>>
>> http://tinyurl.com/5jpccr
>>
>> They only appear to sell mail order and whilst not knowing the
>> quality of the construction,parts etc.,I wondered if anyone had any
>> experience of one.
>>

> Shimano makes fishing equipment, Kettler makes tubular things, many of
> them with wheels. :)

My kids had Kettler go karts. They were robust and did their jobs well.

On Sun, 8 Jun 2008 17:37:52 +0100, "vernon"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>My kids had Kettler go karts. They were robust and did their jobs well.

The Kettler Alu-Rad appears to be a popular bike in Germany, FWIW.

Neil

--
Neil Williams

Neil Williams wrote:
> On Sun, 8 Jun 2008 17:37:52 +0100, "vernon"
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> My kids had Kettler go karts. They were robust and did their jobs well.

> The Kettler Alu-Rad appears to be a popular bike in Germany, FWIW.
>
> Neil

Thanks for your input chaps.

Sam Salt

---
Virus Database (VPS): 080608-0, 08/06/2008
Tested on: 08/06/2008 20:58:21

On Sun, 08 Jun 2008 16:46:10 GMT, [email protected] (Neil
Williams) wrote:

>>My kids had Kettler go karts. They were robust and did their jobs well.

>The Kettler Alu-Rad appears to be a popular bike in Germany, FWIW.

They also manufacture a fairly popular repair stand:

<http://www.mtb-news.de/biketest/artikel.php?id=114>

Neil Williams wrote:
> On Sun, 8 Jun 2008 17:37:52 +0100, "vernon"
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> My kids had Kettler go karts. They were robust and did their jobs well.

> The Kettler Alu-Rad appears to be a popular bike in Germany, FWIW.

Jein, that's because the Germans will pay for a badge. There's nowt
wrong with Kettlers, but you can buy an equivalent bike for a 100 euros
less.