Latest sentencing outrage...

Michael MacClancy wrote:

> He might develop a taste for someone else's goolies to replenish his testosterone.

What insight are you revealing about the "cut their goolies off" brigade in urc ;-)

Tony

Once upon a time, Michael MacClancy <[email protected]> wrote:

>news:[email protected]... .. the ******* (and his barrister) really
>> needs his, to borrow a phrase, goolies cut-off, slowly and with something blunter than a
>> blunt thing.

>That might satisfy some barbarian need for revenge but it doesn't keep him off the road, does it?

No, but it could be argued (and I for one would argue it) that part of the concept of justice
*should* be about revenge. The reason so many victims of crime feel cheated by the law is precisely
because they aren't given any kind of vengeance against the perpetrator.

--
- Pyromancer Stormshadow http://www.inkubus-sukkubus.co.uk <-- Pagan Gothic Rock!
http://www.littlematchgirl.co.uk <-- Electronic Metal! http://www.revival.stormshadow.com <-- The

Pyromancer wrote:

> No, but it could be argued (and I for one would argue it) that part of the concept of justice
> should be about revenge.

I'd suggest deterrence rather than revenge.

--
Guy
===