Lesanne's weigh in, and can I join RAFL late?

I resemble that remark (G)

On Thu, 22 Jan 2004 00:05:49 -0600, Joyce <[email protected]> wrote:

>LOL! I do think that may be why hub likes demolition ... mistakes are very easily hidden. <g> That
>and I tell him that it probably is every little boys dream to grow up and still be allowed to play
>in a big sandbox.
>
>Joyce
>
>On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 18:21:41 -0800, Fred <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>Demolition, accidently, is my specialty.
>>
>>On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 15:37:37 -0600, Joyce <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>>I figure that's why there are people in these professions ... they know what they're doing, they
>>>get the job done quicker and usually correctly. Of course, it helps me that my brother is an
>>>electrician ... and other family members are plumbers (really the only two fields I refuse to
>>>mess around with). If I put my thinking cap on, I realize my building connections are almost
>>>unlimited ... cousins in masonry, architecture, building homes, hubby in excavating and concrete
>>>... possibilities are endless. Not only can we put the houses up, we can tear 'em down! <G>
>>>
>>>Joyce
>>>
>>>On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 08:52:20 -0800, Fred <[email protected]> wrote:
>>>
>>>>Sorry you electrical spark turned out to be an old dynamo. But it sounds as if you got what you
>>>>paid for - electrical work! (G)
>>>>
>>>>I do remember when friend convinced me I did not want to do the wiring for the kitchen remodel
>>>>and to hire professionals. Half day but what I did not know is that I would be charged the going
>>>>RATE FOR EACH OF THE TWO OF THEM!!!! Yikes. But they were fast and good - ahem, at electricity
>>>>work! (G)
>>>>
>>>>On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 15:52:11 GMT, "Lesanne" <[email protected]> wrote:
>>>>
>>>>>I had this running conversation with a friend about this before the guy showed up. This is the
>>>>>first time I have needed an electrician, being kind of handy myself. He pronounces it Good. He
>>>>>sounds all "cute" on the phone so I am having these spinsterish private thoughts about how
>>>>>electricians are good with shorts and all. So this fellow shows up, and he is about as wide as
>>>>>he is tall, with the pants showing his behind crack whenever he bends... He reeks of cigarette
>>>>>smoke, and is missing several teeth, right in the front. The ones that are left are a cute grey
>>>>>color. He was, However, an extremely good electrical person. Able to diagnose some of the
>>>>>puzzle palace problems I have been having here, and fix some, and tell me how we would fix the
>>>>>others. And totally reasonable. Did not give me a "charge" in any way (oh she is bad this
>>>>>morning), but altogether a Good deal. I will have to save those other fantasies for men with
>>>>>(pant pant) hair and knees.
>>>>>
>>>>>"Fred" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>>>>news:[email protected]...
>>>>>> Ah, the old, why bother connecting it syndrome. I helped a friend RE-install her phone since
>>>>>> they put in the plugs in her remodel and even did wire it. But did not connect the wires in
>>>>>> the basement to anything. Does he pronounce it "goody" or is he just GOOD (G)
>>>>>>
>>>>>> And how good was he?
>>>>>>
>>>>>> On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 12:13:12 GMT, "Lesanne" <[email protected]> wrote:
>>>>>>
>>>>>> >Yeah, we figured it out. They put it in, but never connected it to anything. We did not have
>>>>>> >time to fix it, after we found it, so he is coming back. This mans' name, I kid you not, is
>>>>>> >Mr Goode. Snort.
>>>>>> >
>>>>>> >"Fred" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>>>>> >news:[email protected]...
>>>>>> >> You really do live an electrifying life! (gd&r)
>>>>>> >>
>>>>>> >> So did you figure it out?
>>>>>> >>
>>>>>> >> I spent the last 20 minutes using the Excel info that the nice folks here gave me to
>>>>>> >> create a spreadsheet of my WI's since starting.
>>>>>> >>
>>>>>> >> On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 00:38:21 GMT, "Lesanne" <[email protected]> wrote:
>>>>>> >>
>>>>>> >> >ah, sounds like a great day. The electrician and I wandered in the
>>>>>attic
>>>>>> >> >most of the afternoon trying to figure out why the plug near my tv in
>>>>>my
>>>>>> >> >bedroom does not work.
>>>>>> >> >
>>>>>> >> >
>>>>>> >> >"Fred" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>>>>> >> >news:[email protected]...
>>>>>> >> >> I was sublimely surprised. The forecast foretold clouds and
>>>>>showers.
>>>>>> >> >> When I opened the door it clear with a neat crescent moon. The snow from last week must
>>>>>> >> >> have been melted by the subsequent rain. This trail is very popular and when covered
>>>>>> >> >> with snow, it gets compressed into ice and then the trail becomes what I affectionately
>>>>>> >> >> call a vertical icerink! But it was sunny and ice-free. Nice day. Then came home and
>>>>>> >> >> washed the car which still had the grime from the
>>>>>Sierra
>>>>>> >> >> in July and eastern Oregon in Aug plus all the snow grunge from the last few months.
>>>>>> >> >>
>>>>>> >> >> I usually take a series of vitamins after heavy exercise to
>>>>>replenish
>>>>>> >> >> the water soluable ones that got sweated away.
>>>>>> >> >>
>>>>>> >> >> We shall see if I can hold below 160. I should start using a home weight in this, ahem,
>>>>>> >> >> competition since my clothes are a
>>>>>disadvantage
>>>>>> >> >> (go for it Brenda and Lee)...... But I just sucked down mango, and frango (g). But two
>>>>>> >> >> hours of strenuous UP should have earned some
>>>>>of
>>>>>> >> >> that food.
>>>>>> >> >>
>>>>>> >> >> On Sat, 17 Jan 2004 15:24:47 GMT, "Lesanne" <[email protected]> wrote:
>>>>>> >> >>
>>>>>> >> >> >I eat leftovers as well. That is what the daily multivitamin is
>>>>>for
>>>>>> >:)
>>>>>> >> >> >
>>>>>> >> >> >Kudos on the exercise, I wimped out with a mere 30 minutes of
>>>>>toning
>>>>>> >> >style
>>>>>> >> >> >weights and exercycle circuits.
>>>>>> >> >> >
>>>>>> >> >> >You got me this morning 157.5 here. I have noticed that my average
>>>>>> >has
>>>>>> >> >> >stayed right around there for 6 weeks now. HA. Maintenance
>>>>>success.
>>>>>> >> >> >
>>>>>> >> >> >"Fred" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>>>>> >> >> >news:[email protected]...
>>>>>> >> >> >> Sooner than I thought - this very morning on the home scale. And packed and dressed
>>>>>> >> >> >> for a cloudy but maybe dry hike. Aiming for (depending on ice) 3,400 feet up over 4
>>>>>> >> >> >> miles. Eating breakfast
>>>>>and
>>>>>> >> >> >> reading here before I head out. It was good and will be repeated tonight since I
>>>>>> >> >> >> made swordfish for more than the one night. The
>>>>>> >other
>>>>>> >> >> >> stuff is also left over. I do wonder how much nutrients are lost
>>>>>in
>>>>>> >> >> >> refrig but NOT microwaved broccoli and cauliflower.
>>>>>> >> >> >>
>>>>>> >> >> >> On Sat, 17 Jan 2004 12:46:18 GMT, "Lesanne"
>>>>><[email protected]>
>>>>>> >> >> >> wrote:
>>>>>> >> >> >>
>>>>>> >> >> >> >Wow, keep up eating like that and you will be 157 soon. Yum
>>>>>too.
>>>>>> >> >> >> >
>>>>>> >> >> >> >"Fred" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>>>>> >> >> >> >news:[email protected]...
>>>>>> >> >> >> >> I'm going to try getting it back down to 157 sometime. We
>>>>>shall
>>>>>> >> >see.
>>>>>> >> >> >> >> The swordfish is thawing. I already baked sweetpotatoes the
>>>>>> >other
>>>>>> >> >> >> >> night and I have salad and broc/caul already steamed. I have
>>>>>not
>>>>>> >> >had
>>>>>> >> >> >> >> a ms meringue in 3 days but have had one skinny cow as evening
>>>>>> >> >snacks.
>>>>>> >> >> >> >>
>>>>>> >> >> >> >> On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 18:36:04 GMT, "Lesanne"
>>>>>> ><[email protected]>
>>>>>> >> >> >> >> wrote:
>>>>>> >> >> >> >>
>>>>>> >> >> >> >
>>>>>> >> >> >>
>>>>>> >> >> >
>>>>>> >> >>
>>>>>> >> >
>>>>>> >>
>>>>>> >
>>>>>>
>>>

Ahhhhhh, I probably should have worded that differently ... grow up and be PAID to play in a big
sandbox. <G> And I bet you still resemble that remark.

Joyce

On Wed, 21 Jan 2004 22:41:16 -0800, Fred <[email protected]> wrote:

>I resemble that remark (G)
>
>On Thu, 22 Jan 2004 00:05:49 -0600, Joyce <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>LOL! I do think that may be why hub likes demolition ... mistakes are very easily hidden. <g> That
>>and I tell him that it probably is every little boys dream to grow up and still be allowed to play
>>in a big sandbox.
>>
>>Joyce
>>
>>On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 18:21:41 -0800, Fred <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>>Demolition, accidently, is my specialty.
>>>
>>>On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 15:37:37 -0600, Joyce <[email protected]> wrote:
>>>
>>>>I figure that's why there are people in these professions ... they know what they're doing, they
>>>>get the job done quicker and usually correctly. Of course, it helps me that my brother is an
>>>>electrician ... and other family members are plumbers (really the only two fields I refuse to
>>>>mess around with). If I put my thinking cap on, I realize my building connections are almost
>>>>unlimited ... cousins in masonry, architecture, building homes, hubby in excavating and concrete
>>>>... possibilities are endless. Not only can we put the houses up, we can tear 'em down! <G>
>>>>
>>>>Joyce
>>>>
>>>>On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 08:52:20 -0800, Fred <[email protected]> wrote:
>>>>
>>>>>Sorry you electrical spark turned out to be an old dynamo. But it sounds as if you got what you
>>>>>paid for - electrical work! (G)
>>>>>
>>>>>I do remember when friend convinced me I did not want to do the wiring for the kitchen remodel
>>>>>and to hire professionals. Half day but what I did not know is that I would be charged the
>>>>>going RATE FOR EACH OF THE TWO OF THEM!!!! Yikes. But they were fast and good - ahem, at
>>>>>electricity work! (G)
>>>>>
>>>>>On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 15:52:11 GMT, "Lesanne" <[email protected]> wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>>>I had this running conversation with a friend about this before the guy showed up. This is the
>>>>>>first time I have needed an electrician, being kind of handy myself. He pronounces it Good. He
>>>>>>sounds all "cute" on the phone so I am having these spinsterish private thoughts about how
>>>>>>electricians are good with shorts and all. So this fellow shows up, and he is about as wide as
>>>>>>he is tall, with the pants showing his behind crack whenever he bends... He reeks of cigarette
>>>>>>smoke, and is missing several teeth, right in the front. The ones that are left are a cute
>>>>>>grey color. He was, However, an extremely good electrical person. Able to diagnose some of the
>>>>>>puzzle palace problems I have been having here, and fix some, and tell me how we would fix the
>>>>>>others. And totally reasonable. Did not give me a "charge" in any way (oh she is bad this
>>>>>>morning), but altogether a Good deal. I will have to save those other fantasies for men with
>>>>>>(pant pant) hair and knees.
>>>>>>
>>>>>>"Fred" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>>>>>news:[email protected]...
>>>>>>> Ah, the old, why bother connecting it syndrome. I helped a friend RE-install her phone since
>>>>>>> they put in the plugs in her remodel and even did wire it. But did not connect the wires in
>>>>>>> the basement to anything. Does he pronounce it "goody" or is he just GOOD (G)
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> And how good was he?
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 12:13:12 GMT, "Lesanne" <[email protected]> wrote:
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> >Yeah, we figured it out. They put it in, but never connected it to anything. We did not
>>>>>>> >have time to fix it, after we found it, so he is coming back. This mans' name, I kid you
>>>>>>> >not, is Mr Goode. Snort.
>>>>>>> >
>>>>>>> >"Fred" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>>>>>> >news:[email protected]...
>>>>>>> >> You really do live an electrifying life! (gd&r)
>>>>>>> >>
>>>>>>> >> So did you figure it out?
>>>>>>> >>
>>>>>>> >> I spent the last 20 minutes using the Excel info that the nice folks here gave me to
>>>>>>> >> create a spreadsheet of my WI's since starting.
>>>>>>> >>
>>>>>>> >> On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 00:38:21 GMT, "Lesanne" <[email protected]> wrote:
>>>>>>> >>
>>>>>>> >> >ah, sounds like a great day. The electrician and I wandered in the
>>>>>>attic
>>>>>>> >> >most of the afternoon trying to figure out why the plug near my tv in
>>>>>>my
>>>>>>> >> >bedroom does not work.
>>>>>>> >> >
>>>>>>> >> >
>>>>>>> >> >"Fred" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>>>>>> >> >news:[email protected]...
>>>>>>> >> >> I was sublimely surprised. The forecast foretold clouds and
>>>>>>showers.
>>>>>>> >> >> When I opened the door it clear with a neat crescent moon. The snow from last week
>>>>>>> >> >> must have been melted by the subsequent rain. This trail is very popular and when
>>>>>>> >> >> covered with snow, it gets compressed into ice and then the trail becomes what I
>>>>>>> >> >> affectionately call a vertical icerink! But it was sunny and ice-free. Nice day. Then
>>>>>>> >> >> came home and washed the car which still had the grime from the
>>>>>>Sierra
>>>>>>> >> >> in July and eastern Oregon in Aug plus all the snow grunge from the last few months.
>>>>>>> >> >>
>>>>>>> >> >> I usually take a series of vitamins after heavy exercise to
>>>>>>replenish
>>>>>>> >> >> the water soluable ones that got sweated away.
>>>>>>> >> >>
>>>>>>> >> >> We shall see if I can hold below 160. I should start using a home weight in this,
>>>>>>> >> >> ahem, competition since my clothes are a
>>>>>>disadvantage
>>>>>>> >> >> (go for it Brenda and Lee)...... But I just sucked down mango, and frango (g). But two
>>>>>>> >> >> hours of strenuous UP should have earned some
>>>>>>of
>>>>>>> >> >> that food.
>>>>>>> >> >>
>>>>>>> >> >> On Sat, 17 Jan 2004 15:24:47 GMT, "Lesanne" <[email protected]> wrote:
>>>>>>> >> >>
>>>>>>> >> >> >I eat leftovers as well. That is what the daily multivitamin is
>>>>>>for
>>>>>>> >:)
>>>>>>> >> >> >
>>>>>>> >> >> >Kudos on the exercise, I wimped out with a mere 30 minutes of
>>>>>>toning
>>>>>>> >> >style
>>>>>>> >> >> >weights and exercycle circuits.
>>>>>>> >> >> >
>>>>>>> >> >> >You got me this morning 157.5 here. I have noticed that my average
>>>>>>> >has
>>>>>>> >> >> >stayed right around there for 6 weeks now. HA. Maintenance
>>>>>>success.
>>>>>>> >> >> >
>>>>>>> >> >> >"Fred" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>>>>>> >> >> >news:[email protected]...
>>>>>>> >> >> >> Sooner than I thought - this very morning on the home scale. And packed and dressed
>>>>>>> >> >> >> for a cloudy but maybe dry hike. Aiming for (depending on ice) 3,400 feet up over 4
>>>>>>> >> >> >> miles. Eating breakfast
>>>>>>and
>>>>>>> >> >> >> reading here before I head out. It was good and will be repeated tonight since I
>>>>>>> >> >> >> made swordfish for more than the one night. The
>>>>>>> >other
>>>>>>> >> >> >> stuff is also left over. I do wonder how much nutrients are lost
>>>>>>in
>>>>>>> >> >> >> refrig but NOT microwaved broccoli and cauliflower.
>>>>>>> >> >> >>
>>>>>>> >> >> >> On Sat, 17 Jan 2004 12:46:18 GMT, "Lesanne"
>>>>>><[email protected]>
>>>>>>> >> >> >> wrote:
>>>>>>> >> >> >>
>>>>>>> >> >> >> >Wow, keep up eating like that and you will be 157 soon. Yum
>>>>>>too.
>>>>>>> >> >> >> >
>>>>>>> >> >> >> >"Fred" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>>>>>> >> >> >> >news:[email protected]...
>>>>>>> >> >> >> >> I'm going to try getting it back down to 157 sometime. We
>>>>>>shall
>>>>>>> >> >see.
>>>>>>> >> >> >> >> The swordfish is thawing. I already baked sweetpotatoes the
>>>>>>> >other
>>>>>>> >> >> >> >> night and I have salad and broc/caul already steamed. I have
>>>>>>not
>>>>>>> >> >had
>>>>>>> >> >> >> >> a ms meringue in 3 days but have had one skinny cow as evening
>>>>>>> >> >snacks.
>>>>>>> >> >> >> >>
>>>>>>> >> >> >> >> On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 18:36:04 GMT, "Lesanne"
>>>>>>> ><[email protected]>
>>>>>>> >> >> >> >> wrote:
>>>>>>> >> >> >> >>
>>>>>>> >> >> >> >
>>>>>>> >> >> >>
>>>>>>> >> >> >
>>>>>>> >> >>
>>>>>>> >> >
>>>>>>> >>
>>>>>>> >
>>>>>>>
>>>>

The people who owned this house before us "finished" it themselves. There are just Jillions of
places where it is Freaky. On place has an extension cord end protruding from the brick wall.
Another place has one coming up out of the ground, so of course I mowed right over it with the lawn
mower...... Every light bulb in the house burns out twice as fast as it should.

And So On. Mr Good(e) was telling me horror stories about the other places he has worked. Said not
to feel bad ...

He has a very reasonable rate, and lets me be the "electrician's helper" rather than bringing
another billable person. All things said, not bad at all. It has been a great week that way. Getting
everything fixed. Next, I am going to Paint.

"Fred" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Sorry you electrical spark turned out to be an old dynamo. But it sounds as if you got what you
> paid for - electrical work! (G)
>
> I do remember when friend convinced me I did not want to do the wiring for the kitchen remodel
> and to hire professionals. Half day but what I did not know is that I would be charged the going
> RATE FOR EACH OF THE TWO OF THEM!!!! Yikes. But they were fast and good - ahem, at electricity
> work! (G)
>
> On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 15:52:11 GMT, "Lesanne" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >I had this running conversation with a friend about this before the guy showed up. This is the
> >first time I have needed an electrician, being
kind
> >of handy myself. He pronounces it Good. He sounds all "cute" on the
phone
> >so I am having these spinsterish private thoughts about how electricians
are
> >good with shorts and all. So this fellow shows up, and he is about as
wide
> >as he is tall, with the pants showing his behind crack whenever he
bends...
> >He reeks of cigarette smoke, and is missing several teeth, right in the front. The ones that are
> >left are a cute grey color. He was, However,
an
> >extremely good electrical person. Able to diagnose some of the puzzle palace problems I have been
> >having here, and fix some, and tell me how we would fix the others. And totally reasonable. Did
> >not give me a
"charge"
> >in any way (oh she is bad this morning), but altogether a Good deal. I
will
> >have to save those other fantasies for men with (pant pant) hair and
knees.
> >
> >"Fred" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >news:[email protected]...
> >> Ah, the old, why bother connecting it syndrome. I helped a friend RE-install her phone since
> >> they put in the plugs in her remodel and even did wire it. But did not connect the wires in the
> >> basement to anything. Does he pronounce it "goody" or is he just GOOD (G)
> >>
> >> And how good was he?
> >>
> >> On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 12:13:12 GMT, "Lesanne" <[email protected]> wrote:
> >>
> >> >Yeah, we figured it out. They put it in, but never connected it to anything. We did not have
> >> >time to fix it, after we found it, so he is coming back. This mans' name, I kid you not, is Mr
> >> >Goode. Snort.
> >> >
> >> >"Fred" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >> >news:[email protected]...
> >> >> You really do live an electrifying life! (gd&r)
> >> >>
> >> >> So did you figure it out?
> >> >>
> >> >> I spent the last 20 minutes using the Excel info that the nice folks here gave me to create
> >> >> a spreadsheet of my WI's since starting.
> >> >>
> >> >> On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 00:38:21 GMT, "Lesanne" <[email protected]> wrote:
> >> >>
> >> >> >ah, sounds like a great day. The electrician and I wandered in the
> >attic
> >> >> >most of the afternoon trying to figure out why the plug near my tv
in
> >my
> >> >> >bedroom does not work.
> >> >> >
> >> >> >
> >> >> >"Fred" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >> >> >news:[email protected]...
> >> >> >> I was sublimely surprised. The forecast foretold clouds and
> >showers.
> >> >> >> When I opened the door it clear with a neat crescent moon. The
snow
> >> >> >> from last week must have been melted by the subsequent rain.
This
> >> >> >> trail is very popular and when covered with snow, it gets
compressed
> >> >> >> into ice and then the trail becomes what I affectionately call a vertical icerink! But it
> >> >> >> was sunny and ice-free. Nice day.
Then
> >> >> >> came home and washed the car which still had the grime from the
> >Sierra
> >> >> >> in July and eastern Oregon in Aug plus all the snow grunge from
the
> >> >> >> last few months.
> >> >> >>
> >> >> >> I usually take a series of vitamins after heavy exercise to
> >replenish
> >> >> >> the water soluable ones that got sweated away.
> >> >> >>
> >> >> >> We shall see if I can hold below 160. I should start using a
home
> >> >> >> weight in this, ahem, competition since my clothes are a
> >disadvantage
> >> >> >> (go for it Brenda and Lee)...... But I just sucked down mango,
and
> >> >> >> frango (g). But two hours of strenuous UP should have earned
some
> >of
> >> >> >> that food.
> >> >> >>
> >> >> >> On Sat, 17 Jan 2004 15:24:47 GMT, "Lesanne"
<[email protected]>
> >> >> >> wrote:
> >> >> >>
> >> >> >> >I eat leftovers as well. That is what the daily multivitamin is
> >for
> >> >:)
> >> >> >> >
> >> >> >> >Kudos on the exercise, I wimped out with a mere 30 minutes of
> >toning
> >> >> >style
> >> >> >> >weights and exercycle circuits.
> >> >> >> >
> >> >> >> >You got me this morning 157.5 here. I have noticed that my
average
> >> >has
> >> >> >> >stayed right around there for 6 weeks now. HA. Maintenance
> >success.
> >> >> >> >
> >> >> >> >"Fred" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >> >> >> >news:[email protected]...
> >> >> >> >> Sooner than I thought - this very morning on the home scale.
And
> >> >> >> >> packed and dressed for a cloudy but maybe dry hike. Aiming
for
> >> >> >> >> (depending on ice) 3,400 feet up over 4 miles. Eating
breakfast
> >and
> >> >> >> >> reading here before I head out. It was good and will be
repeated
> >> >> >> >> tonight since I made swordfish for more than the one night.
The
> >> >other
> >> >> >> >> stuff is also left over. I do wonder how much nutrients are
lost
> >in
> >> >> >> >> refrig but NOT microwaved broccoli and cauliflower.
> >> >> >> >>
> >> >> >> >> On Sat, 17 Jan 2004 12:46:18 GMT, "Lesanne"
> ><[email protected]>
> >> >> >> >> wrote:
> >> >> >> >>
> >> >> >> >> >Wow, keep up eating like that and you will be 157 soon. Yum
> >too.
> >> >> >> >> >
> >> >> >> >> >"Fred" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >> >> >> >> >news:[email protected]...
> >> >> >> >> >> I'm going to try getting it back down to 157 sometime. We
> >shall
> >> >> >see.
> >> >> >> >> >> The swordfish is thawing. I already baked sweetpotatoes
the
> >> >other
> >> >> >> >> >> night and I have salad and broc/caul already steamed. I
have
> >not
> >> >> >had
> >> >> >> >> >> a ms meringue in 3 days but have had one skinny cow as
evening
> >> >> >snacks.
> >> >> >> >> >>
> >> >> >> >> >> On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 18:36:04 GMT, "Lesanne"
> >> ><[email protected]>
> >> >> >> >> >> wrote:
> >> >> >> >> >>
> >> >> >> >> >
> >> >> >> >>
> >> >> >> >
> >> >> >>
> >> >> >
> >> >>
> >> >
> >>

not for me thanks, I make it a practice to never do any election where I have to declare, makes my
politician parents upset but I can't justify voting where someone else can know my
party/preferences, and besides am in
S.IL and would have to go a long way to sneak into someone's livingroom, and they would probably
have brownies or cake or cookies... Maybe I will rethink this... Lee Fred
<[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Nothing too shocking. Now cross the state line and "volt" in Iowa!
>
> On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 09:53:28 -0600, "Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >assessing the competition??? Lee Fred <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >> Ah, the old, why bother connecting it syndrome. I helped a friend RE-install her phone since
> >> they put in the plugs in her remodel and even did wire it. But did not connect the wires in the
> >> basement to anything. Does he pronounce it "goody" or is he just GOOD (G)
> >>
> >> And how good was he?
> >>
> >> On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 12:13:12 GMT, "Lesanne" <[email protected]> wrote:
> >>
> >> >Yeah, we figured it out. They put it in, but never connected it to anything. We did not have
> >> >time to fix it, after we found it, so he is coming back. This mans' name, I kid you not, is Mr
> >> >Goode. Snort.
> >> >
> >> >"Fred" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >> >> You really do live an electrifying life! (gd&r)
> >> >>
> >> >> So did you figure it out?
> >> >>
> >> >> I spent the last 20 minutes using the Excel info that the nice folks here gave me to create
> >> >> a spreadsheet of my WI's since starting.
> >> >>
> >> >> On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 00:38:21 GMT, "Lesanne" <[email protected]> wrote:
> >> >>
> >> >> >ah, sounds like a great day. The electrician and I wandered in the
> >attic
> >> >> >most of the afternoon trying to figure out why the plug near my tv
in
> >my
> >> >> >bedroom does not work.
> >> >> >
> >> >> >
> >> >> >> I was sublimely surprised. The forecast foretold clouds and
> >showers.
> >> >> >> When I opened the door it clear with a neat crescent moon. The
snow
> >> >> >> from last week must have been melted by the subsequent rain.
This
> >> >> >> trail is very popular and when covered with snow, it gets
compressed
> >> >> >> into ice and then the trail becomes what I affectionately call a vertical icerink! But it
> >> >> >> was sunny and ice-free. Nice day.
Then
> >> >> >> came home and washed the car which still had the grime from the
> >Sierra
> >> >> >> in July and eastern Oregon in Aug plus all the snow grunge from
the
> >> >> >> last few months.
> >> >> >>
> >> >> >> I usually take a series of vitamins after heavy exercise to
> >replenish
> >> >> >> the water soluable ones that got sweated away.
> >> >> >>
> >> >> >> We shall see if I can hold below 160. I should start using a
home
> >> >> >> weight in this, ahem, competition since my clothes are a
> >disadvantage
> >> >> >> (go for it Brenda and Lee)...... But I just sucked down mango,
and
> >> >> >> frango (g). But two hours of strenuous UP should have earned
some
> >of
> >> >> >> that food.
> >> >> >>
> >> >> >> On Sat, 17 Jan 2004 15:24:47 GMT, "Lesanne"
<[email protected]>
> >> >> >> wrote:
> >> >> >>
> >> >> >> >I eat leftovers as well. That is what the daily multivitamin is
> >for
> >> >:)
> >> >> >> >
> >> >> >> >Kudos on the exercise, I wimped out with a mere 30 minutes of
> >toning
> >> >> >style
> >> >> >> >weights and exercycle circuits.
> >> >> >> >
> >> >> >> >You got me this morning 157.5 here. I have noticed that my
average
> >> >has
> >> >> >> >stayed right around there for 6 weeks now. HA. Maintenance
> >success.
> >> >> >> >
> >> >> >> >> Sooner than I thought - this very morning on the home scale.
And
> >> >> >> >> packed and dressed for a cloudy but maybe dry hike. Aiming
for
> >> >> >> >> (depending on ice) 3,400 feet up over 4 miles. Eating
breakfast
> >and
> >> >> >> >> reading here before I head out. It was good and will be
repeated
> >> >> >> >> tonight since I made swordfish for more than the one night.
The
> >> >other
> >> >> >> >> stuff is also left over. I do wonder how much nutrients are
lost
> >in
> >> >> >> >> refrig but NOT microwaved broccoli and cauliflower.
> >> >> >> >>
> >> >> >> >> On Sat, 17 Jan 2004 12:46:18 GMT, "Lesanne"
> ><[email protected]>
> >> >> >> >> wrote:
> >> >> >> >>
> >> >> >> >> >Wow, keep up eating like that and you will be 157 soon. Yum
> >too.
> >> >> >> >> >
> >> >> >> >> >> I'm going to try getting it back down to 157 sometime. We
> >shall
> >> >> >see.
> >> >> >> >> >> The swordfish is thawing. I already baked sweetpotatoes
the
> >> >other
> >> >> >> >> >> night and I have salad and broc/caul already steamed. I
have
> >not
> >> >> >had
> >> >> >> >> >> a ms meringue in 3 days but have had one skinny cow as
evening
> >> >> >snacks.
> >> >> >> >> >>
> >> >> >> >> >> On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 18:36:04 GMT, "Lesanne"
> >> >> >> >> >> wrote:
> >> >> >> >> >>
> >> >> >> >> >
> >> >> >> >>
> >> >> >> >
> >> >> >>
> >> >> >
> >> >>
> >> >
> >>

food served is as good a reason as any given the current choices, Lee
Fred <[email protected]> wrote in message
> Ah, the food element enters the electorate's decision-making.
>
> Yes, our nonpartisan primary was dumped by the 9th Circuit Fed courts. Either we register for a
> party or cannot vote. The legislature is still trying to work on something including one where two
> top candidates, party affiliation notwithstanding would be on the general ballot. So that there
> could be two Democrats or two Rep's on the ballot rather than one of each. That would serve the
> parties right. I think in one or two gubernatorial primaries recently, there would have been no
> Republican candidate.
>
> On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 16:28:17 -0600, "Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >not for me thanks, I make it a practice to never do any election where I have to declare, makes
> >my politician parents upset but I can't justify voting where someone else can know my
> >party/preferences, and besides am
in
> >S.IL and would have to go a long way to sneak into someone's livingroom,
and
> >they would probably have brownies or cake or cookies... Maybe I will
rethink
> >this... Lee Fred <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >> Nothing too shocking. Now cross the state line and "volt" in Iowa!
> >>
> >> On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 09:53:28 -0600, "Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote:
> >>
> >> >assessing the competition??? Lee Fred <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >> >> Ah, the old, why bother connecting it syndrome. I helped a friend RE-install her phone since
> >> >> they put in the plugs in her remodel and even did wire it. But did not connect the wires in
> >> >> the basement to anything. Does he pronounce it "goody" or is he just GOOD (G)
> >> >>
> >> >> And how good was he?
> >> >>
> >> >> On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 12:13:12 GMT, "Lesanne" <[email protected]> wrote:
> >> >>
> >> >> >Yeah, we figured it out. They put it in, but never connected it to anything. We did not
> >> >> >have time to fix it, after we found it, so he
is
> >> >> >coming back. This mans' name, I kid you not, is Mr Goode. Snort.
> >> >> >
> >> >> >> You really do live an electrifying life! (gd&r)
> >> >> >>
> >> >> >> So did you figure it out?
> >> >> >>
> >> >> >> I spent the last 20 minutes using the Excel info that the nice
folks
> >> >> >> here gave me to create a spreadsheet of my WI's since starting.
> >> >> >>
> >> >> >> On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 00:38:21 GMT, "Lesanne"
<[email protected]>
> >> >> >> wrote:
> >> >> >>
> >> >> >> >ah, sounds like a great day. The electrician and I wandered in
the
> >> >attic
> >> >> >> >most of the afternoon trying to figure out why the plug near my
tv
> >in
> >> >my
> >> >> >> >bedroom does not work.
> >> >> >> >
> >> >> >> >
> >> >> >> >> I was sublimely surprised. The forecast foretold clouds and
> >> >showers.
> >> >> >> >> When I opened the door it clear with a neat crescent moon.
The
> >snow
> >> >> >> >> from last week must have been melted by the subsequent rain.
> >This
> >> >> >> >> trail is very popular and when covered with snow, it gets
> >compressed
> >> >> >> >> into ice and then the trail becomes what I affectionately call
a
> >> >> >> >> vertical icerink! But it was sunny and ice-free. Nice day.
> >Then
> >> >> >> >> came home and washed the car which still had the grime from
the
> >> >Sierra
> >> >> >> >> in July and eastern Oregon in Aug plus all the snow grunge
from
> >the
> >> >> >> >> last few months.
> >> >> >> >>
> >> >> >> >> I usually take a series of vitamins after heavy exercise to
> >> >replenish
> >> >> >> >> the water soluable ones that got sweated away.
> >> >> >> >>
> >> >> >> >> We shall see if I can hold below 160. I should start using a
> >home
> >> >> >> >> weight in this, ahem, competition since my clothes are a
> >> >disadvantage
> >> >> >> >> (go for it Brenda and Lee)...... But I just sucked down mango,
> >and
> >> >> >> >> frango (g). But two hours of strenuous UP should have earned
> >some
> >> >of
> >> >> >> >> that food.
> >> >> >> >>
> >> >> >> >> On Sat, 17 Jan 2004 15:24:47 GMT, "Lesanne"
> ><[email protected]>
> >> >> >> >> wrote:
> >> >> >> >>
> >> >> >> >> >I eat leftovers as well. That is what the daily multivitamin
is
> >> >for
> >> >> >:)
> >> >> >> >> >
> >> >> >> >> >Kudos on the exercise, I wimped out with a mere 30 minutes of
> >> >toning
> >> >> >> >style
> >> >> >> >> >weights and exercycle circuits.
> >> >> >> >> >
> >> >> >> >> >You got me this morning 157.5 here. I have noticed that my
> >average
> >> >> >has
> >> >> >> >> >stayed right around there for 6 weeks now. HA. Maintenance
> >> >success.
> >> >> >> >> >
> >> >> >> >> >> Sooner than I thought - this very morning on the home
scale.
> >And
> >> >> >> >> >> packed and dressed for a cloudy but maybe dry hike. Aiming
> >for
> >> >> >> >> >> (depending on ice) 3,400 feet up over 4 miles. Eating
> >breakfast
> >> >and
> >> >> >> >> >> reading here before I head out. It was good and will be
> >repeated
> >> >> >> >> >> tonight since I made swordfish for more than the one night.
> >The
> >> >> >other
> >> >> >> >> >> stuff is also left over. I do wonder how much nutrients
are
> >lost
> >> >in
> >> >> >> >> >> refrig but NOT microwaved broccoli and cauliflower.
> >> >> >> >> >>
> >> >> >> >> >> On Sat, 17 Jan 2004 12:46:18 GMT, "Lesanne"
> >> >> >> >> >> wrote:
> >> >> >> >> >>
> >> >> >> >> >> >Wow, keep up eating like that and you will be 157 soon.
Yum
> >> >too.
> >> >> >> >> >> >
> >> >> >> >> >> >"Fred" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >> >> >> >> >> >news:[email protected]...
> >> >> >> >> >> >> I'm going to try getting it back down to 157 sometime.
We
> >> >shall
> >> >> >> >see.
> >> >> >> >> >> >> The swordfish is thawing. I already baked sweetpotatoes
> >the
> >> >> >other
> >> >> >> >> >> >> night and I have salad and broc/caul already steamed. I
> >have
> >> >not
> >> >> >> >had
> >> >> >> >> >> >> a ms meringue in 3 days but have had one skinny cow as
> >evening
> >> >> >> >snacks.
> >> >> >> >> >> >>
> >> >> >> >> >> >> On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 18:36:04 GMT, "Lesanne"
> >> >> ><[email protected]>
> >> >> >> >> >> >> wrote:
> >> >> >> >> >> >>
> >> >> >> >> >> >
> >> >> >> >> >>
> >> >> >> >> >
> >> >> >> >>
> >> >> >> >
> >> >> >>
> >> >> >
> >> >>
> >> >
> >>

Funny how these things differ... here the vote is completely and strictly
anonymous. Back when we voted on paper, any voting document that was signed
or had your name or identity on (some elderly people thought you should sign
the documents, lol) was considered invalid. Now we vote electronically and
still very anonymously.
On the other hand, we are one of the 2 only countries in the world where
voting is obligatory, and you get fined if you don't vote :)
--
Nathalie from Belgium
134.1/104.2/minigoal 99.9 Goal 68 Kg
134.1/104.3/minigoal 220.3/Goal 150 pounds RAFL 105.3/104.3/96 Kg
134/1.105/212 lbs "Fred" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> Ah, the food element enters the electorate's decision-making.
>
> Yes, our nonpartisan primary was dumped by the 9th Circuit Fed courts. Either we register for a
> party or cannot vote. The legislature is still trying to work on something including one where two
> top candidates, party affiliation notwithstanding would be on the general ballot. So that there
> could be two Democrats or two Rep's on the ballot rather than one of each. That would serve the
> parties right. I think in one or two gubernatorial primaries recently, there would have been no
> Republican candidate.
>
> On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 16:28:17 -0600, "Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >not for me thanks, I make it a practice to never do any election where I have to declare, makes
> >my politician parents upset but I can't justify voting where someone else can know my
> >party/preferences, and besides am
in
> >S.IL and would have to go a long way to sneak into someone's livingroom,
and
> >they would probably have brownies or cake or cookies... Maybe I will
rethink
> >this... Lee Fred <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >> Nothing too shocking. Now cross the state line and "volt" in Iowa!
> >>
> >> On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 09:53:28 -0600, "Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote:
> >>
> >> >assessing the competition??? Lee Fred <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >> >> Ah, the old, why bother connecting it syndrome. I helped a friend RE-install her phone since
> >> >> they put in the plugs in her remodel and even did wire it. But did not connect the wires in
> >> >> the basement to anything. Does he pronounce it "goody" or is he just GOOD (G)
> >> >>
> >> >> And how good was he?
> >> >>
> >> >> On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 12:13:12 GMT, "Lesanne" <[email protected]> wrote:
> >> >>
> >> >> >Yeah, we figured it out. They put it in, but never connected it to anything. We did not
> >> >> >have time to fix it, after we found it, so he
is
> >> >> >coming back. This mans' name, I kid you not, is Mr Goode. Snort.
> >> >> >
> >> >> >> You really do live an electrifying life! (gd&r)
> >> >> >>
> >> >> >> So did you figure it out?
> >> >> >>
> >> >> >> I spent the last 20 minutes using the Excel info that the nice
folks
> >> >> >> here gave me to create a spreadsheet of my WI's since starting.
> >> >> >>
> >> >> >> On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 00:38:21 GMT, "Lesanne"
<[email protected]>
> >> >> >> wrote:
> >> >> >>
> >> >> >> >ah, sounds like a great day. The electrician and I wandered in
the
> >> >attic
> >> >> >> >most of the afternoon trying to figure out why the plug near my
tv
> >in
> >> >my
> >> >> >> >bedroom does not work.
> >> >> >> >
> >> >> >> >
> >> >> >> >> I was sublimely surprised. The forecast foretold clouds and
> >> >showers.
> >> >> >> >> When I opened the door it clear with a neat crescent moon.
The
> >snow
> >> >> >> >> from last week must have been melted by the subsequent rain.
> >This
> >> >> >> >> trail is very popular and when covered with snow, it gets
> >compressed
> >> >> >> >> into ice and then the trail becomes what I affectionately call
a
> >> >> >> >> vertical icerink! But it was sunny and ice-free. Nice day.
> >Then
> >> >> >> >> came home and washed the car which still had the grime from
the
> >> >Sierra
> >> >> >> >> in July and eastern Oregon in Aug plus all the snow grunge
from
> >the
> >> >> >> >> last few months.
> >> >> >> >>
> >> >> >> >> I usually take a series of vitamins after heavy exercise to
> >> >replenish
> >> >> >> >> the water soluable ones that got sweated away.
> >> >> >> >>
> >> >> >> >> We shall see if I can hold below 160. I should start using a
> >home
> >> >> >> >> weight in this, ahem, competition since my clothes are a
> >> >disadvantage
> >> >> >> >> (go for it Brenda and Lee)...... But I just sucked down mango,
> >and
> >> >> >> >> frango (g). But two hours of strenuous UP should have earned
> >some
> >> >of
> >> >> >> >> that food.
> >> >> >> >>
> >> >> >> >> On Sat, 17 Jan 2004 15:24:47 GMT, "Lesanne"
> ><[email protected]>
> >> >> >> >> wrote:
> >> >> >> >>
> >> >> >> >> >I eat leftovers as well. That is what the daily multivitamin
is
> >> >for
> >> >> >:)
> >> >> >> >> >
> >> >> >> >> >Kudos on the exercise, I wimped out with a mere 30 minutes of
> >> >toning
> >> >> >> >style
> >> >> >> >> >weights and exercycle circuits.
> >> >> >> >> >
> >> >> >> >> >You got me this morning 157.5 here. I have noticed that my
> >average
> >> >> >has
> >> >> >> >> >stayed right around there for 6 weeks now. HA. Maintenance
> >> >success.
> >> >> >> >> >
> >> >> >> >> >> Sooner than I thought - this very morning on the home
scale.
> >And
> >> >> >> >> >> packed and dressed for a cloudy but maybe dry hike. Aiming

> >for
> >> >> >> >> >> (depending on ice) 3,400 feet up over 4 miles. Eating
> >breakfast
> >> >and
> >> >> >> >> >> reading here before I head out. It was good and will be
> >repeated
> >> >> >> >> >> tonight since I made swordfish for more than the one night.
> >The
> >> >> >other
> >> >> >> >> >> stuff is also left over. I do wonder how much nutrients
are
> >lost
> >> >in
> >> >> >> >> >> refrig but NOT microwaved broccoli and cauliflower.
> >> >> >> >> >>
> >> >> >> >> >> On Sat, 17 Jan 2004 12:46:18 GMT, "Lesanne"
> >> >> >> >> >> wrote:
> >> >> >> >> >>
> >> >> >> >> >> >Wow, keep up eating like that and you will be 157 soon.
Yum
> >> >too.
> >> >> >> >> >> >
> >> >> >> >> >> >"Fred" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >> >> >> >> >> >news:[email protected]...
> >> >> >> >> >> >> I'm going to try getting it back down to 157 sometime.
We
> >> >shall
> >> >> >> >see.
> >> >> >> >> >> >> The swordfish is thawing. I already baked sweetpotatoes
> >the
> >> >> >other
> >> >> >> >> >> >> night and I have salad and broc/caul already steamed. I
> >have
> >> >not
> >> >> >> >had
> >> >> >> >> >> >> a ms meringue in 3 days but have had one skinny cow as
> >evening
> >> >> >> >snacks.
> >> >> >> >> >> >>
> >> >> >> >> >> >> On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 18:36:04 GMT, "Lesanne"
> >> >> ><[email protected]>
> >> >> >> >> >> >> wrote:
> >> >> >> >> >> >>
> >> >> >> >> >> >
> >> >> >> >> >>
> >> >> >> >> >
> >> >> >> >>
> >> >> >> >
> >> >> >>
> >> >> >
> >> >>
> >> >
> >>

my own personal specialty is the pseudo repair. It Seems to work, then something else doesn't after
a day or two..............

"Fred" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> Demolition, accidently, is my specialty.
>
> On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 15:37:37 -0600, Joyce <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >I figure that's why there are people in these professions ... they know
what
> >they're doing, they get the job done quicker and usually correctly. Of
course, it
> >helps me that my brother is an electrician ... and other family members
are
> >plumbers (really the only two fields I refuse to mess around with). If I
put my
> >thinking cap on, I realize my building connections are almost unlimited
> >cousins in masonry, architecture, building homes, hubby in excavating and
concrete
> >... possibilities are endless. Not only can we put the houses up, we can
tear 'em
> >down! <G>
> >
> >Joyce
> >
> >On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 08:52:20 -0800, Fred <[email protected]>
wrote:
> >
> >>Sorry you electrical spark turned out to be an old dynamo. But it sounds as if you got what you
> >>paid for - electrical work! (G)
> >>
> >>I do remember when friend convinced me I did not want to do the wiring for the kitchen remodel
> >>and to hire professionals. Half day but what I did not know is that I would be charged the going
> >>RATE FOR EACH OF THE TWO OF THEM!!!! Yikes. But they were fast and good - ahem, at electricity
> >>work! (G)
> >>
> >>On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 15:52:11 GMT, "Lesanne" <[email protected]> wrote:
> >>
> >>>I had this running conversation with a friend about this before the guy showed up. This is the
> >>>first time I have needed an electrician, being
kind
> >>>of handy myself. He pronounces it Good. He sounds all "cute" on the
phone
> >>>so I am having these spinsterish private thoughts about how
electricians are
> >>>good with shorts and all. So this fellow shows up, and he is about as
wide
> >>>as he is tall, with the pants showing his behind crack whenever he
bends...
> >>>He reeks of cigarette smoke, and is missing several teeth, right in the front. The ones that
> >>>are left are a cute grey color. He was, However,
an
> >>>extremely good electrical person. Able to diagnose some of the puzzle palace problems I have
> >>>been having here, and fix some, and tell me how
we
> >>>would fix the others. And totally reasonable. Did not give me a
"charge"
> >>>in any way (oh she is bad this morning), but altogether a Good deal. I
will
> >>>have to save those other fantasies for men with (pant pant) hair and
knees.
> >>>
> >>>"Fred" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >>>news:[email protected]...
> >>>> Ah, the old, why bother connecting it syndrome. I helped a friend RE-install her phone since
> >>>> they put in the plugs in her remodel and even did wire it. But did not connect the wires in
> >>>> the basement to anything. Does he pronounce it "goody" or is he just GOOD (G)
> >>>>
> >>>> And how good was he?
> >>>>
> >>>> On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 12:13:12 GMT, "Lesanne" <[email protected]> wrote:
> >>>>
> >>>> >Yeah, we figured it out. They put it in, but never connected it to anything. We did not have
> >>>> >time to fix it, after we found it, so he
is
> >>>> >coming back. This mans' name, I kid you not, is Mr Goode. Snort.
> >>>> >
> >>>> >"Fred" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >>>> >news:[email protected]...
> >>>> >> You really do live an electrifying life! (gd&r)
> >>>> >>
> >>>> >> So did you figure it out?
> >>>> >>
> >>>> >> I spent the last 20 minutes using the Excel info that the nice
folks
> >>>> >> here gave me to create a spreadsheet of my WI's since starting.
> >>>> >>
> >>>> >> On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 00:38:21 GMT, "Lesanne" <[email protected]> wrote:
> >>>> >>
> >>>> >> >ah, sounds like a great day. The electrician and I wandered in
the
> >>>attic
> >>>> >> >most of the afternoon trying to figure out why the plug near my
tv in
> >>>my
> >>>> >> >bedroom does not work.
> >>>> >> >
> >>>> >> >
> >>>> >> >"Fred" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >>>> >> >news:[email protected]...
> >>>> >> >> I was sublimely surprised. The forecast foretold clouds and
> >>>showers.
> >>>> >> >> When I opened the door it clear with a neat crescent moon. The
snow
> >>>> >> >> from last week must have been melted by the subsequent rain.
This
> >>>> >> >> trail is very popular and when covered with snow, it gets
compressed
> >>>> >> >> into ice and then the trail becomes what I affectionately call
a
> >>>> >> >> vertical icerink! But it was sunny and ice-free. Nice day.
Then
> >>>> >> >> came home and washed the car which still had the grime from the
> >>>Sierra
> >>>> >> >> in July and eastern Oregon in Aug plus all the snow grunge from
the
> >>>> >> >> last few months.
> >>>> >> >>
> >>>> >> >> I usually take a series of vitamins after heavy exercise to
> >>>replenish
> >>>> >> >> the water soluable ones that got sweated away.
> >>>> >> >>
> >>>> >> >> We shall see if I can hold below 160. I should start using a
home
> >>>> >> >> weight in this, ahem, competition since my clothes are a
> >>>disadvantage
> >>>> >> >> (go for it Brenda and Lee)...... But I just sucked down mango,
and
> >>>> >> >> frango (g). But two hours of strenuous UP should have earned
some
> >>>of
> >>>> >> >> that food.
> >>>> >> >>
> >>>> >> >> On Sat, 17 Jan 2004 15:24:47 GMT, "Lesanne"
<[email protected]>
> >>>> >> >> wrote:
> >>>> >> >>
> >>>> >> >> >I eat leftovers as well. That is what the daily multivitamin
is
> >>>for
> >>>> >:)
> >>>> >> >> >
> >>>> >> >> >Kudos on the exercise, I wimped out with a mere 30 minutes of
> >>>toning
> >>>> >> >style
> >>>> >> >> >weights and exercycle circuits.
> >>>> >> >> >
> >>>> >> >> >You got me this morning 157.5 here. I have noticed that my
average
> >>>> >has
> >>>> >> >> >stayed right around there for 6 weeks now. HA. Maintenance
> >>>success.
> >>>> >> >> >
> >>>> >> >> >"Fred" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >>>> >> >> >news:[email protected]...
> >>>> >> >> >> Sooner than I thought - this very morning on the home scale.
And
> >>>> >> >> >> packed and dressed for a cloudy but maybe dry hike. Aiming
for
> >>>> >> >> >> (depending on ice) 3,400 feet up over 4 miles. Eating
breakfast
> >>>and
> >>>> >> >> >> reading here before I head out. It was good and will be
repeated
> >>>> >> >> >> tonight since I made swordfish for more than the one night.
The
> >>>> >other
> >>>> >> >> >> stuff is also left over. I do wonder how much nutrients are
lost
> >>>in
> >>>> >> >> >> refrig but NOT microwaved broccoli and cauliflower.
> >>>> >> >> >>
> >>>> >> >> >> On Sat, 17 Jan 2004 12:46:18 GMT, "Lesanne"
> >>><[email protected]>
> >>>> >> >> >> wrote:
> >>>> >> >> >>
> >>>> >> >> >> >Wow, keep up eating like that and you will be 157 soon.
Yum
> >>>too.
> >>>> >> >> >> >
> >>>> >> >> >> >"Fred" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >>>> >> >> >> >news:[email protected]...
> >>>> >> >> >> >> I'm going to try getting it back down to 157 sometime.
We
> >>>shall
> >>>> >> >see.
> >>>> >> >> >> >> The swordfish is thawing. I already baked sweetpotatoes
the
> >>>> >other
> >>>> >> >> >> >> night and I have salad and broc/caul already steamed. I
have
> >>>not
> >>>> >> >had
> >>>> >> >> >> >> a ms meringue in 3 days but have had one skinny cow as
evening
> >>>> >> >snacks.
> >>>> >> >> >> >>
> >>>> >> >> >> >> On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 18:36:04 GMT, "Lesanne"
> >>>> ><[email protected]>
> >>>> >> >> >> >> wrote:
> >>>> >> >> >> >>
> >>>> >> >> >> >
> >>>> >> >> >>
> >>>> >> >> >
> >>>> >> >>
> >>>> >> >
> >>>> >>
> >>>> >
> >>>>
> >>

it is odd that it is obligatory but while I don't agree with it I can see
why it is done, Lee
Nathalie W <[email protected]> wrote in message
> Funny how these things differ... here the vote is completely and strictly anonymous. Back when we
> voted on paper, any voting document that was
signed
> or had your name or identity on (some elderly people thought you should
sign
> the documents, lol) was considered invalid. Now we vote electronically and still very anonymously.
> On the other hand, we are one of the 2 only countries in the world where voting is obligatory, and
> you get fined if you don't vote :)
> --
> Nathalie from Belgium
> 134.1/104.2/minigoal 99.9 Goal 68 Kg
> 295.6/229.7/minigoal 220.3/Goal 150 pounds RAFL 105.3/104.3/96 Kg
> 232/229.7/212 lbs "Fred" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Ah, the food element enters the electorate's decision-making.
> >
> > Yes, our nonpartisan primary was dumped by the 9th Circuit Fed courts. Either we register for a
> > party or cannot vote. The legislature is still trying to work on something including one where
> > two top candidates, party affiliation notwithstanding would be on the general ballot. So that
> > there could be two Democrats or two Rep's on the ballot rather than one of each. That would
> > serve the parties right. I think in one or two gubernatorial primaries recently, there would
> > have been no Republican candidate.
> >
> > On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 16:28:17 -0600, "Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> > >not for me thanks, I make it a practice to never do any election where
I
> > >have to declare, makes my politician parents upset but I can't justify voting where someone
> > >else can know my party/preferences, and besides am
> in
> > >S.IL and would have to go a long way to sneak into someone's
livingroom,
> and
> > >they would probably have brownies or cake or cookies... Maybe I will
> rethink
> > >this... Lee Fred <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > >news:[email protected]...
> > >> Nothing too shocking. Now cross the state line and "volt" in Iowa!
> > >>
> > >> On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 09:53:28 -0600, "Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote:
> > >>
> > >> >assessing the competition??? Lee Fred <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > >> >news:[email protected]...
> > >> >> Ah, the old, why bother connecting it syndrome. I helped a friend RE-install her phone
> > >> >> since they put in the plugs in her remodel
and
> > >> >> even did wire it. But did not connect the wires in the basement
to
> > >> >> anything. Does he pronounce it "goody" or is he just GOOD (G)
> > >> >>
> > >> >> And how good was he?
> > >> >>
> > >> >> On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 12:13:12 GMT, "Lesanne" <[email protected]> wrote:
> > >> >>
> > >> >> >Yeah, we figured it out. They put it in, but never connected it
to
> > >> >> >anything. We did not have time to fix it, after we found it, so
he
> is
> > >> >> >coming back. This mans' name, I kid you not, is Mr Goode.
Snort.
> > >> >> >
> > >> >> >"Fred" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > >> >> >news:[email protected]...
> > >> >> >> You really do live an electrifying life! (gd&r)
> > >> >> >>
> > >> >> >> So did you figure it out?
> > >> >> >>
> > >> >> >> I spent the last 20 minutes using the Excel info that the nice
> folks
> > >> >> >> here gave me to create a spreadsheet of my WI's since starting.
> > >> >> >>
> > >> >> >> On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 00:38:21 GMT, "Lesanne"
> <[email protected]>
> > >> >> >> wrote:
> > >> >> >>
> > >> >> >> >ah, sounds like a great day. The electrician and I wandered
in
> the
> > >> >attic
> > >> >> >> >most of the afternoon trying to figure out why the plug near
my
> tv
> > >in
> > >> >my
> > >> >> >> >bedroom does not work.
> > >> >> >> >
> > >> >> >> >
> > >> >> >> >"Fred" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > >> >> >> >news:[email protected]...
> > >> >> >> >> I was sublimely surprised. The forecast foretold clouds
and
> > >> >showers.
> > >> >> >> >> When I opened the door it clear with a neat crescent moon.
> The
> > >snow
> > >> >> >> >> from last week must have been melted by the subsequent rain.
> > >This
> > >> >> >> >> trail is very popular and when covered with snow, it gets
> > >compressed
> > >> >> >> >> into ice and then the trail becomes what I affectionately
call
> a
> > >> >> >> >> vertical icerink! But it was sunny and ice-free. Nice day.
> > >Then
> > >> >> >> >> came home and washed the car which still had the grime from
> the
> > >> >Sierra
> > >> >> >> >> in July and eastern Oregon in Aug plus all the snow grunge
> from
> > >the
> > >> >> >> >> last few months.
> > >> >> >> >>
> > >> >> >> >> I usually take a series of vitamins after heavy exercise to
> > >> >replenish
> > >> >> >> >> the water soluable ones that got sweated away.
> > >> >> >> >>
> > >> >> >> >> We shall see if I can hold below 160. I should start using
a
> > >home
> > >> >> >> >> weight in this, ahem, competition since my clothes are a
> > >> >disadvantage
> > >> >> >> >> (go for it Brenda and Lee)...... But I just sucked down
mango,
> > >and
> > >> >> >> >> frango (g). But two hours of strenuous UP should have
earned
> > >some
> > >> >of
> > >> >> >> >> that food.
> > >> >> >> >>
> > >> >> >> >> On Sat, 17 Jan 2004 15:24:47 GMT, "Lesanne"
> > ><[email protected]>
> > >> >> >> >> wrote:
> > >> >> >> >>
> > >> >> >> >> >I eat leftovers as well. That is what the daily
multivitamin
> is
> > >> >for
> > >> >> >:)
> > >> >> >> >> >
> > >> >> >> >> >Kudos on the exercise, I wimped out with a mere 30 minutes
of
> > >> >toning
> > >> >> >> >style
> > >> >> >> >> >weights and exercycle circuits.
> > >> >> >> >> >
> > >> >> >> >> >You got me this morning 157.5 here. I have noticed that my
> > >average
> > >> >> >has
> > >> >> >> >> >stayed right around there for 6 weeks now. HA.
Maintenance
> > >> >success.
> > >> >> >> >> >
> > >> >> >> >> >"Fred" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > >> >> >> >> >news:[email protected]...
> > >> >> >> >> >> Sooner than I thought - this very morning on the home
> scale.
> > >And
> > >> >> >> >> >> packed and dressed for a cloudy but maybe dry hike.
Aiming
>
> > >for
> > >> >> >> >> >> (depending on ice) 3,400 feet up over 4 miles. Eating
> > >breakfast
> > >> >and
> > >> >> >> >> >> reading here before I head out. It was good and will be
> > >repeated
> > >> >> >> >> >> tonight since I made swordfish for more than the one
night.
> > >The
> > >> >> >other
> > >> >> >> >> >> stuff is also left over. I do wonder how much nutrients
> are
> > >lost
> > >> >in
> > >> >> >> >> >> refrig but NOT microwaved broccoli and cauliflower.
> > >> >> >> >> >>
> > >> >> >> >> >> On Sat, 17 Jan 2004 12:46:18 GMT, "Lesanne"
> > >> ><[email protected]>
> > >> >> >> >> >> wrote:
> > >> >> >> >> >>
> > >> >> >> >> >> >Wow, keep up eating like that and you will be 157 soon.
> Yum
> > >> >too.
> > >> >> >> >> >> >
> > >> >> >> >> >> >"Fred" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > >> >> >> >> >> >news:[email protected]...
> > >> >> >> >> >> >> I'm going to try getting it back down to 157 sometime.
> We
> > >> >shall
> > >> >> >> >see.
> > >> >> >> >> >> >> The swordfish is thawing. I already baked
sweetpotatoes
> > >the
> > >> >> >other
> > >> >> >> >> >> >> night and I have salad and broc/caul already steamed.
I
> > >have
> > >> >not
> > >> >> >> >had
> > >> >> >> >> >> >> a ms meringue in 3 days but have had one skinny cow as
> > >evening
> > >> >> >> >snacks.
> > >> >> >> >> >> >>
> > >> >> >> >> >> >> On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 18:36:04 GMT, "Lesanne"
> > >> >> ><[email protected]>
> > >> >> >> >> >> >> wrote:
> > >> >> >> >> >> >>
> > >> >> >> >> >> >
> > >> >> >> >> >>
> > >> >> >> >> >
> > >> >> >> >>
> > >> >> >> >
> > >> >> >>
> > >> >> >
> > >> >>
> > >> >
> > >>
> > >
>

And I guess we're the other one! I avoided two elections before I enrolled to vote. Now I get fined
if I miss even a little local government one. And yes, if you don't enrol as soon as possible after
you turn 18, and you get found out, you are up for a bigger fine.

--
Julie.
93.5/72.3/74 (WW)/72 (Personal) kg
93.5/73./162.8 (WW)/158 (Personal) lb

Here's our FAQ: http://www.didian.com/asdww/ and welcome notice:
http://www.geocities.com/welcomenotice/index.html

"Nathalie W" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
berlin.de...
> Funny how these things differ... here the vote is completely and strictly anonymous. Back when we
> voted on paper, any voting document that was
signed
> or had your name or identity on (some elderly people thought you should
sign
> the documents, lol) was considered invalid. Now we vote electronically and still very anonymously.
> On the other hand, we are one of the 2 only countries in the world where voting is obligatory, and
> you get fined if you don't vote :)
> --
> Nathalie from Belgium
> 134.1/104.2/minigoal 99.9 Goal 68 Kg
> 295.6/229.7/minigoal 220.3/Goal 150 pounds RAFL 105.3/104.3/96 Kg
> 232/229.7/212 lbs "Fred" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Ah, the food element enters the electorate's decision-making.
> >
> > Yes, our nonpartisan primary was dumped by the 9th Circuit Fed courts. Either we register for a
> > party or cannot vote. The legislature is still trying to work on something including one where
> > two top candidates, party affiliation notwithstanding would be on the general ballot. So that
> > there could be two Democrats or two Rep's on the ballot rather than one of each. That would
> > serve the parties right. I think in one or two gubernatorial primaries recently, there would
> > have been no Republican candidate.
> >
> > On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 16:28:17 -0600, "Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> > >not for me thanks, I make it a practice to never do any election where
I
> > >have to declare, makes my politician parents upset but I can't justify voting where someone
> > >else can know my party/preferences, and besides am
> in
> > >S.IL and would have to go a long way to sneak into someone's
livingroom,
> and
> > >they would probably have brownies or cake or cookies... Maybe I will
> rethink
> > >this... Lee Fred <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > >news:[email protected]...
> > >> Nothing too shocking. Now cross the state line and "volt" in Iowa!
> > >>
> > >> On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 09:53:28 -0600, "Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote:
> > >>
> > >> >assessing the competition??? Lee Fred <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > >> >news:[email protected]...
> > >> >> Ah, the old, why bother connecting it syndrome. I helped a friend RE-install her phone
> > >> >> since they put in the plugs in her remodel
and
> > >> >> even did wire it. But did not connect the wires in the basement
to
> > >> >> anything. Does he pronounce it "goody" or is he just GOOD (G)
> > >> >>
> > >> >> And how good was he?
> > >> >>
> > >> >> On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 12:13:12 GMT, "Lesanne" <[email protected]> wrote:
> > >> >>
> > >> >> >Yeah, we figured it out. They put it in, but never connected it
to
> > >> >> >anything. We did not have time to fix it, after we found it, so
he
> is
> > >> >> >coming back. This mans' name, I kid you not, is Mr Goode.
Snort.
> > >> >> >
> > >> >> >"Fred" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > >> >> >news:[email protected]...
> > >> >> >> You really do live an electrifying life! (gd&r)
> > >> >> >>
> > >> >> >> So did you figure it out?
> > >> >> >>
> > >> >> >> I spent the last 20 minutes using the Excel info that the nice
> folks
> > >> >> >> here gave me to create a spreadsheet of my WI's since starting.
> > >> >> >>
> > >> >> >> On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 00:38:21 GMT, "Lesanne"
> <[email protected]>
> > >> >> >> wrote:
> > >> >> >>
> > >> >> >> >ah, sounds like a great day. The electrician and I wandered
in
> the
> > >> >attic
> > >> >> >> >most of the afternoon trying to figure out why the plug near
my
> tv
> > >in
> > >> >my
> > >> >> >> >bedroom does not work.
> > >> >> >> >
> > >> >> >> >
> > >> >> >> >"Fred" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > >> >> >> >news:[email protected]...
> > >> >> >> >> I was sublimely surprised. The forecast foretold clouds
and
> > >> >showers.
> > >> >> >> >> When I opened the door it clear with a neat crescent moon.
> The
> > >snow
> > >> >> >> >> from last week must have been melted by the subsequent rain.
> > >This
> > >> >> >> >> trail is very popular and when covered with snow, it gets
> > >compressed
> > >> >> >> >> into ice and then the trail becomes what I affectionately
call
> a
> > >> >> >> >> vertical icerink! But it was sunny and ice-free. Nice day.
> > >Then
> > >> >> >> >> came home and washed the car which still had the grime from
> the
> > >> >Sierra
> > >> >> >> >> in July and eastern Oregon in Aug plus all the snow grunge
> from
> > >the
> > >> >> >> >> last few months.
> > >> >> >> >>
> > >> >> >> >> I usually take a series of vitamins after heavy exercise to
> > >> >replenish
> > >> >> >> >> the water soluable ones that got sweated away.
> > >> >> >> >>
> > >> >> >> >> We shall see if I can hold below 160. I should start using
a
> > >home
> > >> >> >> >> weight in this, ahem, competition since my clothes are a
> > >> >disadvantage
> > >> >> >> >> (go for it Brenda and Lee)...... But I just sucked down
mango,
> > >and
> > >> >> >> >> frango (g). But two hours of strenuous UP should have
earned
> > >some
> > >> >of
> > >> >> >> >> that food.
> > >> >> >> >>
> > >> >> >> >> On Sat, 17 Jan 2004 15:24:47 GMT, "Lesanne"
> > ><[email protected]>
> > >> >> >> >> wrote:
> > >> >> >> >>
> > >> >> >> >> >I eat leftovers as well. That is what the daily
multivitamin
> is
> > >> >for
> > >> >> >:)
> > >> >> >> >> >
> > >> >> >> >> >Kudos on the exercise, I wimped out with a mere 30 minutes
of
> > >> >toning
> > >> >> >> >style
> > >> >> >> >> >weights and exercycle circuits.
> > >> >> >> >> >
> > >> >> >> >> >You got me this morning 157.5 here. I have noticed that my
> > >average
> > >> >> >has
> > >> >> >> >> >stayed right around there for 6 weeks now. HA.
Maintenance
> > >> >success.
> > >> >> >> >> >
> > >> >> >> >> >"Fred" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > >> >> >> >> >news:[email protected]...
> > >> >> >> >> >> Sooner than I thought - this very morning on the home
> scale.
> > >And
> > >> >> >> >> >> packed and dressed for a cloudy but maybe dry hike.
Aiming
>
> > >for
> > >> >> >> >> >> (depending on ice) 3,400 feet up over 4 miles. Eating
> > >breakfast
> > >> >and
> > >> >> >> >> >> reading here before I head out. It was good and will be
> > >repeated
> > >> >> >> >> >> tonight since I made swordfish for more than the one
night.
> > >The
> > >> >> >other
> > >> >> >> >> >> stuff is also left over. I do wonder how much nutrients
> are
> > >lost
> > >> >in
> > >> >> >> >> >> refrig but NOT microwaved broccoli and cauliflower.
> > >> >> >> >> >>
> > >> >> >> >> >> On Sat, 17 Jan 2004 12:46:18 GMT, "Lesanne"
> > >> ><[email protected]>
> > >> >> >> >> >> wrote:
> > >> >> >> >> >>
> > >> >> >> >> >> >Wow, keep up eating like that and you will be 157 soon.
> Yum
> > >> >too.
> > >> >> >> >> >> >
> > >> >> >> >> >> >"Fred" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > >> >> >> >> >> >news:[email protected]...
> > >> >> >> >> >> >> I'm going to try getting it back down to 157 sometime.
> We
> > >> >shall
> > >> >> >> >see.
> > >> >> >> >> >> >> The swordfish is thawing. I already baked
sweetpotatoes
> > >the
> > >> >> >other
> > >> >> >> >> >> >> night and I have salad and broc/caul already steamed.
I
> > >have
> > >> >not
> > >> >> >> >had
> > >> >> >> >> >> >> a ms meringue in 3 days but have had one skinny cow as
> > >evening
> > >> >> >> >snacks.
> > >> >> >> >> >> >>
> > >> >> >> >> >> >> On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 18:36:04 GMT, "Lesanne"
> > >> >> ><[email protected]>
> > >> >> >> >> >> >> wrote:
> > >> >> >> >> >> >>
> > >> >> >> >> >> >
> > >> >> >> >> >>
> > >> >> >> >> >
> > >> >> >> >>
> > >> >> >> >
> > >> >> >>
> > >> >> >
> > >> >>
> > >> >
> > >>
> > >
>

It 's said to be 'more democratic' because everyone's voice will be heard. The problem is that
people who don't want to vote will will make what we call protest votes, by voting for nonsensical
or extremist parties. ( we don't vote for people but always for parties here and everyone has the
right to start a political party.)

"Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
berlin.de...
> it is odd that it is obligatory but while I don't agree with it I can see why it is done, Lee
> Nathalie W <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
> berlin.de...
> > Funny how these things differ... here the vote is completely and
strictly
> > anonymous. Back when we voted on paper, any voting document that was
> signed
> > or had your name or identity on (some elderly people thought you should
> sign
> > the documents, lol) was considered invalid. Now we vote electronically
and
> > still very anonymously. On the other hand, we are one of the 2 only countries in the world where
> > voting is obligatory, and you get fined if you don't vote :)
> > --
> > Nathalie from Belgium
> > 134.1/104.2/minigoal 99.9 Goal 68 Kg
> > 295.6/229.7/minigoal 220.3/Goal 150 pounds RAFL 105.3/104.3/96 Kg
> > 232/229.7/212 lbs "Fred" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> > > Ah, the food element enters the electorate's decision-making.
> > >
> > > Yes, our nonpartisan primary was dumped by the 9th Circuit Fed courts. Either we register for
> > > a party or cannot vote. The legislature is still trying to work on something including one
> > > where two top candidates, party affiliation notwithstanding would be on the general ballot. So
> > > that there could be two Democrats or two Rep's on the ballot rather than one of each. That
> > > would serve the parties right. I think in one or two gubernatorial primaries recently, there
> > > would have been no Republican candidate.
> > >
> > > On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 16:28:17 -0600, "Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote:
> > >
> > > >not for me thanks, I make it a practice to never do any election
where
> I
> > > >have to declare, makes my politician parents upset but I can't
justify
> > > >voting where someone else can know my party/preferences, and besides
am
> > in
> > > >S.IL and would have to go a long way to sneak into someone's
> livingroom,
> > and
> > > >they would probably have brownies or cake or cookies... Maybe I will
> > rethink
> > > >this... Lee Fred <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > > >news:[email protected]...
> > > >> Nothing too shocking. Now cross the state line and "volt" in Iowa!
> > > >>
> > > >> On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 09:53:28 -0600, "Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote:
> > > >>
> > > >> >assessing the competition??? Lee Fred <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > > >> >news:[email protected]...
> > > >> >> Ah, the old, why bother connecting it syndrome. I helped a
friend
> > > >> >> RE-install her phone since they put in the plugs in her remodel
> and
> > > >> >> even did wire it. But did not connect the wires in the basement
> to
> > > >> >> anything. Does he pronounce it "goody" or is he just GOOD (G)
> > > >> >>
> > > >> >> And how good was he?
> > > >> >>
> > > >> >> On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 12:13:12 GMT, "Lesanne"
<[email protected]>
> > > >> >> wrote:
> > > >> >>
> > > >> >> >Yeah, we figured it out. They put it in, but never connected
it
> to
> > > >> >> >anything. We did not have time to fix it, after we found it,
so
> he
> > is
> > > >> >> >coming back. This mans' name, I kid you not, is Mr Goode.
> Snort.
> > > >> >> >
> > > >> >> >"Fred" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > > >> >> >news:[email protected]...
> > > >> >> >> You really do live an electrifying life! (gd&r)
> > > >> >> >>
> > > >> >> >> So did you figure it out?
> > > >> >> >>
> > > >> >> >> I spent the last 20 minutes using the Excel info that the
nice
> > folks
> > > >> >> >> here gave me to create a spreadsheet of my WI's since
starting.
> > > >> >> >>
> > > >> >> >> On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 00:38:21 GMT, "Lesanne"
> > <[email protected]>
> > > >> >> >> wrote:
> > > >> >> >>
> > > >> >> >> >ah, sounds like a great day. The electrician and I wandered
> in
> > the
> > > >> >attic
> > > >> >> >> >most of the afternoon trying to figure out why the plug near
> my
> > tv
> > > >in
> > > >> >my
> > > >> >> >> >bedroom does not work.
> > > >> >> >> >
> > > >> >> >> >
> > > >> >> >> >"Fred" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > > >> >> >> >news:[email protected]...
> > > >> >> >> >> I was sublimely surprised. The forecast foretold clouds
> and
> > > >> >showers.
> > > >> >> >> >> When I opened the door it clear with a neat crescent moon.
> > The
> > > >snow
> > > >> >> >> >> from last week must have been melted by the subsequent
rain.
> > > >This
> > > >> >> >> >> trail is very popular and when covered with snow, it gets
> > > >compressed
> > > >> >> >> >> into ice and then the trail becomes what I affectionately
> call
> > a
> > > >> >> >> >> vertical icerink! But it was sunny and ice-free. Nice
day.
> > > >Then
> > > >> >> >> >> came home and washed the car which still had the grime
from
> > the
> > > >> >Sierra
> > > >> >> >> >> in July and eastern Oregon in Aug plus all the snow grunge
> > from
> > > >the
> > > >> >> >> >> last few months.
> > > >> >> >> >>
> > > >> >> >> >> I usually take a series of vitamins after heavy exercise
to
> > > >> >replenish
> > > >> >> >> >> the water soluable ones that got sweated away.
> > > >> >> >> >>
> > > >> >> >> >> We shall see if I can hold below 160. I should start
using
> a
> > > >home
> > > >> >> >> >> weight in this, ahem, competition since my clothes are a
> > > >> >disadvantage
> > > >> >> >> >> (go for it Brenda and Lee)...... But I just sucked down
> mango,
> > > >and
> > > >> >> >> >> frango (g). But two hours of strenuous UP should have
> earned
> > > >some
> > > >> >of
> > > >> >> >> >> that food.
> > > >> >> >> >>
> > > >> >> >> >> On Sat, 17 Jan 2004 15:24:47 GMT, "Lesanne"
> > > ><[email protected]>
> > > >> >> >> >> wrote:
> > > >> >> >> >>
> > > >> >> >> >> >I eat leftovers as well. That is what the daily
> multivitamin
> > is
> > > >> >for
> > > >> >> >:)
> > > >> >> >> >> >
> > > >> >> >> >> >Kudos on the exercise, I wimped out with a mere 30
minutes
> of
> > > >> >toning
> > > >> >> >> >style
> > > >> >> >> >> >weights and exercycle circuits.
> > > >> >> >> >> >
> > > >> >> >> >> >You got me this morning 157.5 here. I have noticed that
my
> > > >average
> > > >> >> >has
> > > >> >> >> >> >stayed right around there for 6 weeks now. HA.
> Maintenance
> > > >> >success.
> > > >> >> >> >> >
> > > >> >> >> >> >"Fred" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > > >> >> >> >> >news:[email protected]...
> > > >> >> >> >> >> Sooner than I thought - this very morning on the home
> > scale.
> > > >And
> > > >> >> >> >> >> packed and dressed for a cloudy but maybe dry hike.
> Aiming
> >
> > > >for
> > > >> >> >> >> >> (depending on ice) 3,400 feet up over 4 miles. Eating
> > > >breakfast
> > > >> >and
> > > >> >> >> >> >> reading here before I head out. It was good and will
be
> > > >repeated
> > > >> >> >> >> >> tonight since I made swordfish for more than the one
> night.
> > > >The
> > > >> >> >other
> > > >> >> >> >> >> stuff is also left over. I do wonder how much
nutrients
> > are
> > > >lost
> > > >> >in
> > > >> >> >> >> >> refrig but NOT microwaved broccoli and cauliflower.
> > > >> >> >> >> >>
> > > >> >> >> >> >> On Sat, 17 Jan 2004 12:46:18 GMT, "Lesanne"
> > > >> ><[email protected]>
> > > >> >> >> >> >> wrote:
> > > >> >> >> >> >>
> > > >> >> >> >> >> >Wow, keep up eating like that and you will be 157
soon.
> > Yum
> > > >> >too.
> > > >> >> >> >> >> >
> > > >> >> >> >> >> >"Fred" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > > >> >> >> >> >> >news:[email protected]...
> > > >> >> >> >> >> >> I'm going to try getting it back down to 157
sometime.
> > We
> > > >> >shall
> > > >> >> >> >see.
> > > >> >> >> >> >> >> The swordfish is thawing. I already baked
> sweetpotatoes
> > > >the
> > > >> >> >other
> > > >> >> >> >> >> >> night and I have salad and broc/caul already
steamed.
> I
> > > >have
> > > >> >not
> > > >> >> >> >had
> > > >> >> >> >> >> >> a ms meringue in 3 days but have had one skinny cow
as
> > > >evening
> > > >> >> >> >snacks.
> > > >> >> >> >> >> >>
> > > >> >> >> >> >> >> On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 18:36:04 GMT, "Lesanne"
> > > >> >> ><[email protected]>
> > > >> >> >> >> >> >> wrote:
> > > >> >> >> >> >> >>
> > > >> >> >> >> >> >
> > > >> >> >> >> >>
> > > >> >> >> >> >
> > > >> >> >> >>
> > > >> >> >> >
> > > >> >> >>
> > > >> >> >
> > > >> >>
> > > >> >
> > > >>
> > > >
> > >
> >
>

We don't even get enrolled :) As soon as you ' re 18 and there are elections you get an invitation
to vote, and you go. You can avoid it when you have ' a good excuse' : a trip abroad ( but you have
to show the airline tickets), illness, ...

"JulieB" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
berlin.de...
> And I guess we're the other one! I avoided two elections before I
enrolled
> to vote. Now I get fined if I miss even a little local government one.
And
> yes, if you don't enrol as soon as possible after you turn 18, and you get found out, you are up
> for a bigger fine.
>
> --
> Julie.
> 93.5/72.3/74 (WW)/72 (Personal) kg
> 205.7/159./162.8 (WW)/158 (Personal) lb
>
> Here's our FAQ: http://www.didian.com/asdww/ and welcome notice:
> http://www.geocities.com/welcomenotice/index.html
>
>
> "Nathalie W" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
> berlin.de...
> > Funny how these things differ... here the vote is completely and
strictly
> > anonymous. Back when we voted on paper, any voting document that was
> signed
> > or had your name or identity on (some elderly people thought you should
> sign
> > the documents, lol) was considered invalid. Now we vote electronically
and
> > still very anonymously. On the other hand, we are one of the 2 only countries in the world where
> > voting is obligatory, and you get fined if you don't vote :)
> > --
> > Nathalie from Belgium
> > 134.1/104.2/minigoal 99.9 Goal 68 Kg
> > 295.6/229.7/minigoal 220.3/Goal 150 pounds RAFL 105.3/104.3/96 Kg
> > 232/229.7/212 lbs "Fred" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> > > Ah, the food element enters the electorate's decision-making.
> > >
> > > Yes, our nonpartisan primary was dumped by the 9th Circuit Fed courts. Either we register for
> > > a party or cannot vote. The legislature is still trying to work on something including one
> > > where two top candidates, party affiliation notwithstanding would be on the general ballot. So
> > > that there could be two Democrats or two Rep's on the ballot rather than one of each. That
> > > would serve the parties right. I think in one or two gubernatorial primaries recently, there
> > > would have been no Republican candidate.
> > >
> > > On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 16:28:17 -0600, "Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote:
> > >
> > > >not for me thanks, I make it a practice to never do any election
where
> I
> > > >have to declare, makes my politician parents upset but I can't
justify
> > > >voting where someone else can know my party/preferences, and besides
am
> > in
> > > >S.IL and would have to go a long way to sneak into someone's
> livingroom,
> > and
> > > >they would probably have brownies or cake or cookies... Maybe I will
> > rethink
> > > >this... Lee Fred <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > > >news:[email protected]...
> > > >> Nothing too shocking. Now cross the state line and "volt" in Iowa!
> > > >>
> > > >> On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 09:53:28 -0600, "Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote:
> > > >>
> > > >> >assessing the competition??? Lee Fred <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > > >> >news:[email protected]...
> > > >> >> Ah, the old, why bother connecting it syndrome. I helped a
friend
> > > >> >> RE-install her phone since they put in the plugs in her remodel
> and
> > > >> >> even did wire it. But did not connect the wires in the basement
> to
> > > >> >> anything. Does he pronounce it "goody" or is he just GOOD (G)
> > > >> >>
> > > >> >> And how good was he?
> > > >> >>
> > > >> >> On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 12:13:12 GMT, "Lesanne"
<[email protected]>
> > > >> >> wrote:
> > > >> >>
> > > >> >> >Yeah, we figured it out. They put it in, but never connected
it
> to
> > > >> >> >anything. We did not have time to fix it, after we found it,
so
> he
> > is
> > > >> >> >coming back. This mans' name, I kid you not, is Mr Goode.
> Snort.
> > > >> >> >
> > > >> >> >"Fred" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > > >> >> >news:[email protected]...
> > > >> >> >> You really do live an electrifying life! (gd&r)
> > > >> >> >>
> > > >> >> >> So did you figure it out?
> > > >> >> >>
> > > >> >> >> I spent the last 20 minutes using the Excel info that the
nice
> > folks
> > > >> >> >> here gave me to create a spreadsheet of my WI's since
starting.
> > > >> >> >>
> > > >> >> >> On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 00:38:21 GMT, "Lesanne"
> > <[email protected]>
> > > >> >> >> wrote:
> > > >> >> >>
> > > >> >> >> >ah, sounds like a great day. The electrician and I wandered
> in
> > the
> > > >> >attic
> > > >> >> >> >most of the afternoon trying to figure out why the plug near
> my
> > tv
> > > >in
> > > >> >my
> > > >> >> >> >bedroom does not work.
> > > >> >> >> >
> > > >> >> >> >
> > > >> >> >> >"Fred" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > > >> >> >> >news:[email protected]...
> > > >> >> >> >> I was sublimely surprised. The forecast foretold clouds
> and
> > > >> >showers.
> > > >> >> >> >> When I opened the door it clear with a neat crescent moon.
> > The
> > > >snow
> > > >> >> >> >> from last week must have been melted by the subsequent
rain.
> > > >This
> > > >> >> >> >> trail is very popular and when covered with snow, it gets
> > > >compressed
> > > >> >> >> >> into ice and then the trail becomes what I affectionately
> call
> > a
> > > >> >> >> >> vertical icerink! But it was sunny and ice-free. Nice
day.
> > > >Then
> > > >> >> >> >> came home and washed the car which still had the grime
from
> > the
> > > >> >Sierra
> > > >> >> >> >> in July and eastern Oregon in Aug plus all the snow grunge
> > from
> > > >the
> > > >> >> >> >> last few months.
> > > >> >> >> >>
> > > >> >> >> >> I usually take a series of vitamins after heavy exercise
to
> > > >> >replenish
> > > >> >> >> >> the water soluable ones that got sweated away.
> > > >> >> >> >>
> > > >> >> >> >> We shall see if I can hold below 160. I should start
using
> a
> > > >home
> > > >> >> >> >> weight in this, ahem, competition since my clothes are a
> > > >> >disadvantage
> > > >> >> >> >> (go for it Brenda and Lee)...... But I just sucked down
> mango,
> > > >and
> > > >> >> >> >> frango (g). But two hours of strenuous UP should have
> earned
> > > >some
> > > >> >of
> > > >> >> >> >> that food.
> > > >> >> >> >>
> > > >> >> >> >> On Sat, 17 Jan 2004 15:24:47 GMT, "Lesanne"
> > > ><[email protected]>
> > > >> >> >> >> wrote:
> > > >> >> >> >>
> > > >> >> >> >> >I eat leftovers as well. That is what the daily
> multivitamin
> > is
> > > >> >for
> > > >> >> >:)
> > > >> >> >> >> >
> > > >> >> >> >> >Kudos on the exercise, I wimped out with a mere 30
minutes
> of
> > > >> >toning
> > > >> >> >> >style
> > > >> >> >> >> >weights and exercycle circuits.
> > > >> >> >> >> >
> > > >> >> >> >> >You got me this morning 157.5 here. I have noticed that
my
> > > >average
> > > >> >> >has
> > > >> >> >> >> >stayed right around there for 6 weeks now. HA.
> Maintenance
> > > >> >success.
> > > >> >> >> >> >
> > > >> >> >> >> >"Fred" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > > >> >> >> >> >news:[email protected]...
> > > >> >> >> >> >> Sooner than I thought - this very morning on the home
> > scale.
> > > >And
> > > >> >> >> >> >> packed and dressed for a cloudy but maybe dry hike.
> Aiming
> >
> > > >for
> > > >> >> >> >> >> (depending on ice) 3,400 feet up over 4 miles. Eating
> > > >breakfast
> > > >> >and
> > > >> >> >> >> >> reading here before I head out. It was good and will
be
> > > >repeated
> > > >> >> >> >> >> tonight since I made swordfish for more than the one
> night.
> > > >The
> > > >> >> >other
> > > >> >> >> >> >> stuff is also left over. I do wonder how much
nutrients
> > are
> > > >lost
> > > >> >in
> > > >> >> >> >> >> refrig but NOT microwaved broccoli and cauliflower.
> > > >> >> >> >> >>
> > > >> >> >> >> >> On Sat, 17 Jan 2004 12:46:18 GMT, "Lesanne"
> > > >> ><[email protected]>
> > > >> >> >> >> >> wrote:
> > > >> >> >> >> >>
> > > >> >> >> >> >> >Wow, keep up eating like that and you will be 157
soon.
> > Yum
> > > >> >too.
> > > >> >> >> >> >> >
> > > >> >> >> >> >> >"Fred" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > > >> >> >> >> >> >news:[email protected]...
> > > >> >> >> >> >> >> I'm going to try getting it back down to 157
sometime.
> > We
> > > >> >shall
> > > >> >> >> >see.
> > > >> >> >> >> >> >> The swordfish is thawing. I already baked
> sweetpotatoes
> > > >the
> > > >> >> >other
> > > >> >> >> >> >> >> night and I have salad and broc/caul already
steamed.
> I
> > > >have
> > > >> >not
> > > >> >> >> >had
> > > >> >> >> >> >> >> a ms meringue in 3 days but have had one skinny cow
as
> > > >evening
> > > >> >> >> >snacks.
> > > >> >> >> >> >> >>
> > > >> >> >> >> >> >> On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 18:36:04 GMT, "Lesanne"
> > > >> >> ><[email protected]>
> > > >> >> >> >> >> >> wrote:
> > > >> >> >> >> >> >>
> > > >> >> >> >> >> >
> > > >> >> >> >> >>
> > > >> >> >> >> >
> > > >> >> >> >>
> > > >> >> >> >
> > > >> >> >>
> > > >> >> >
> > > >> >>
> > > >> >
> > > >>
> > > >
> > >
> >
>

The state that has the best answer here in the states is Nevada, their
ballots carry "none of the above" as a choice, Lee
Nathalie W <[email protected]> wrote in message
> It 's said to be 'more democratic' because everyone's voice will be heard. The problem is that
> people who don't want to vote will will make what we call protest votes, by voting for nonsensical
> or extremist parties. ( we don't vote for people but always for parties here and everyone has the
right
> to start a political party.)
>
> "Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
> berlin.de...
> > it is odd that it is obligatory but while I don't agree with it I can
see
> > why it is done, Lee Nathalie W <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
> > berlin.de...
> > > Funny how these things differ... here the vote is completely and
> strictly
> > > anonymous. Back when we voted on paper, any voting document that was
> > signed
> > > or had your name or identity on (some elderly people thought you
should
> > sign
> > > the documents, lol) was considered invalid. Now we vote electronically
> and
> > > still very anonymously. On the other hand, we are one of the 2 only countries in the world
where
> > > voting is obligatory, and you get fined if you don't vote :)
> > > --
> > > Nathalie from Belgium
> > > 134.1/104.2/minigoal 99.9 Goal 68 Kg
> > > 295.6/229.7/minigoal 220.3/Goal 150 pounds RAFL 105.3/104.3/96 Kg
> > > 232/229.7/212 lbs "Fred" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > > news:[email protected]...
> > > > Ah, the food element enters the electorate's decision-making.
> > > >
> > > > Yes, our nonpartisan primary was dumped by the 9th Circuit Fed
courts.
> > > > Either we register for a party or cannot vote. The legislature is still trying to work on
> > > > something including one where two top candidates, party affiliation notwithstanding would be
> > > > on the
general
> > > > ballot. So that there could be two Democrats or two Rep's on the ballot rather than one of
> > > > each. That would serve the parties right. I think in one or two gubernatorial primaries
> > > > recently, there would have been no Republican candidate.
> > > >
> > > > On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 16:28:17 -0600, "Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote:
> > > >
> > > > >not for me thanks, I make it a practice to never do any election
> where
> > I
> > > > >have to declare, makes my politician parents upset but I can't
> justify
> > > > >voting where someone else can know my party/preferences, and
besides
> am
> > > in
> > > > >S.IL and would have to go a long way to sneak into someone's
> > livingroom,
> > > and
> > > > >they would probably have brownies or cake or cookies... Maybe I
will
> > > rethink
> > > > >this... Lee Fred <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > > > >news:[email protected]...
> > > > >> Nothing too shocking. Now cross the state line and "volt" in
Iowa!
> > > > >>
> > > > >> On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 09:53:28 -0600, "Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote:
> > > > >>
> > > > >> >assessing the competition??? Lee Fred <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > > > >> >news:[email protected]...
> > > > >> >> Ah, the old, why bother connecting it syndrome. I helped a
> friend
> > > > >> >> RE-install her phone since they put in the plugs in her
remodel
> > and
> > > > >> >> even did wire it. But did not connect the wires in the
basement
> > to
> > > > >> >> anything. Does he pronounce it "goody" or is he just GOOD
(G)
> > > > >> >>
> > > > >> >> And how good was he?
> > > > >> >>
> > > > >> >> On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 12:13:12 GMT, "Lesanne"
> <[email protected]>
> > > > >> >> wrote:
> > > > >> >>
> > > > >> >> >Yeah, we figured it out. They put it in, but never connected
> it
> > to
> > > > >> >> >anything. We did not have time to fix it, after we found it,
> so
> > he
> > > is
> > > > >> >> >coming back. This mans' name, I kid you not, is Mr Goode.
> > Snort.
> > > > >> >> >
> > > > >> >> >"Fred" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > > > >> >> >news:[email protected]...
> > > > >> >> >> You really do live an electrifying life! (gd&r)
> > > > >> >> >>
> > > > >> >> >> So did you figure it out?
> > > > >> >> >>
> > > > >> >> >> I spent the last 20 minutes using the Excel info that the
> nice
> > > folks
> > > > >> >> >> here gave me to create a spreadsheet of my WI's since
> starting.
> > > > >> >> >>
> > > > >> >> >> On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 00:38:21 GMT, "Lesanne"
> > > <[email protected]>
> > > > >> >> >> wrote:
> > > > >> >> >>
> > > > >> >> >> >ah, sounds like a great day. The electrician and I
wandered
> > in
> > > the
> > > > >> >attic
> > > > >> >> >> >most of the afternoon trying to figure out why the plug
near
> > my
> > > tv
> > > > >in
> > > > >> >my
> > > > >> >> >> >bedroom does not work.
> > > > >> >> >> >
> > > > >> >> >> >
> > > > >> >> >> >"Fred" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > > > >> >> >> >news:[email protected]...
> > > > >> >> >> >> I was sublimely surprised. The forecast foretold
clouds
> > and
> > > > >> >showers.
> > > > >> >> >> >> When I opened the door it clear with a neat crescent
moon.
> > > The
> > > > >snow
> > > > >> >> >> >> from last week must have been melted by the subsequent
> rain.
> > > > >This
> > > > >> >> >> >> trail is very popular and when covered with snow, it
gets
> > > > >compressed
> > > > >> >> >> >> into ice and then the trail becomes what I
affectionately
> > call
> > > a
> > > > >> >> >> >> vertical icerink! But it was sunny and ice-free. Nice
> day.
> > > > >Then
> > > > >> >> >> >> came home and washed the car which still had the grime
> from
> > > the
> > > > >> >Sierra
> > > > >> >> >> >> in July and eastern Oregon in Aug plus all the snow
grunge
> > > from
> > > > >the
> > > > >> >> >> >> last few months.
> > > > >> >> >> >>
> > > > >> >> >> >> I usually take a series of vitamins after heavy exercise
> to
> > > > >> >replenish
> > > > >> >> >> >> the water soluable ones that got sweated away.
> > > > >> >> >> >>
> > > > >> >> >> >> We shall see if I can hold below 160. I should start
> using
> > a
> > > > >home
> > > > >> >> >> >> weight in this, ahem, competition since my clothes are a
> > > > >> >disadvantage
> > > > >> >> >> >> (go for it Brenda and Lee)...... But I just sucked down
> > mango,
> > > > >and
> > > > >> >> >> >> frango (g). But two hours of strenuous UP should have
> > earned
> > > > >some
> > > > >> >of
> > > > >> >> >> >> that food.
> > > > >> >> >> >>
> > > > >> >> >> >> On Sat, 17 Jan 2004 15:24:47 GMT, "Lesanne"
> > > > ><[email protected]>
> > > > >> >> >> >> wrote:
> > > > >> >> >> >>
> > > > >> >> >> >> >I eat leftovers as well. That is what the daily
> > multivitamin
> > > is
> > > > >> >for
> > > > >> >> >:)
> > > > >> >> >> >> >
> > > > >> >> >> >> >Kudos on the exercise, I wimped out with a mere 30
> minutes
> > of
> > > > >> >toning
> > > > >> >> >> >style
> > > > >> >> >> >> >weights and exercycle circuits.
> > > > >> >> >> >> >
> > > > >> >> >> >> >You got me this morning 157.5 here. I have noticed
that
> my
> > > > >average
> > > > >> >> >has
> > > > >> >> >> >> >stayed right around there for 6 weeks now. HA.
> > Maintenance
> > > > >> >success.
> > > > >> >> >> >> >
> > > > >> >> >> >> >"Fred" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > > > >> >> >> >> >news:[email protected]...
> > > > >> >> >> >> >> Sooner than I thought - this very morning on the home
> > > scale.
> > > > >And
> > > > >> >> >> >> >> packed and dressed for a cloudy but maybe dry hike.
> > Aiming
> > >
> > > > >for
> > > > >> >> >> >> >> (depending on ice) 3,400 feet up over 4 miles.
Eating
> > > > >breakfast
> > > > >> >and
> > > > >> >> >> >> >> reading here before I head out. It was good and will
> be
> > > > >repeated
> > > > >> >> >> >> >> tonight since I made swordfish for more than the one
> > night.
> > > > >The
> > > > >> >> >other
> > > > >> >> >> >> >> stuff is also left over. I do wonder how much
> nutrients
> > > are
> > > > >lost
> > > > >> >in
> > > > >> >> >> >> >> refrig but NOT microwaved broccoli and cauliflower.
> > > > >> >> >> >> >>
> > > > >> >> >> >> >> On Sat, 17 Jan 2004 12:46:18 GMT, "Lesanne"
> > > > >> ><[email protected]>
> > > > >> >> >> >> >> wrote:
> > > > >> >> >> >> >>
> > > > >> >> >> >> >> >Wow, keep up eating like that and you will be 157
> soon.
> > > Yum
> > > > >> >too.
> > > > >> >> >> >> >> >
> > > > >> >> >> >> >> >"Fred" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > > > >> >> >> >> >> >news:[email protected]...
> > > > >> >> >> >> >> >> I'm going to try getting it back down to 157
> sometime.
> > > We
> > > > >> >shall
> > > > >> >> >> >see.
> > > > >> >> >> >> >> >> The swordfish is thawing. I already baked
> > sweetpotatoes
> > > > >the
> > > > >> >> >other
> > > > >> >> >> >> >> >> night and I have salad and broc/caul already
> steamed.
> > I
> > > > >have
> > > > >> >not
> > > > >> >> >> >had
> > > > >> >> >> >> >> >> a ms meringue in 3 days but have had one skinny
cow
> as
> > > > >evening
> > > > >> >> >> >snacks.
> > > > >> >> >> >> >> >>
> > > > >> >> >> >> >> >> On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 18:36:04 GMT, "Lesanne"
> > > > >> >> ><[email protected]>
> > > > >> >> >> >> >> >> wrote:
> > > > >> >> >> >> >> >>
> > > > >> >> >> >> >> >
> > > > >> >> >> >> >>
> > > > >> >> >> >> >
> > > > >> >> >> >>
> > > > >> >> >> >
> > > > >> >> >>
> > > > >> >> >
> > > > >> >>
> > > > >> >
> > > > >>
> > > > >
> > > >
> > >
> > >
> >
>

Very good points, Lee! I have daughters also, and you are right - they did not have to register for
the military, definitely a double standard. And I did totally forget about the cigarettes being
legal at 18. This must be another one of those areas where our age difference comes into play ... I
could drink beer and wine legally when I was 19. <G> The laws were changed a short time after
though, as I remember my younger brother was legal for a bit - then had it taken away. The thing I
remember though, is that by it being legalized - drinking was no longer as enticing as when we
thought we were getting away with something. <G>

I still want to see a *none of the above* choice in IL. LOL

Joyce

On Tue, 20 Jan 2004 17:54:57 -0600, "Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote:

>OK you asked for it. I think it is hideous that we live in a society that differentiates between
>men and women in registering, should be both or neither. As to the adult status, I think it would
>probably benefit us if all of these things along with cigarettes and driving were all at the same
>age. I think had I been able to drink when first voting I might have made better choices, Lee Joyce
><[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
>> Ya know, I have been asking for that choice for years ... IL seems to not understand. I am glad
>> to hear that there is somewhere in the world that
>thinks
>> like I do. <g>
>>
>> And you don't want to get me started on our governments *thinking*. At 18
>our
>> sons and daughters are considered legal adults. Encouraged and allowed
>to vote
>> towards making decisions as to how they would like to see our government
>run, yet
>> most pay next to nothing in taxes that these decisions affect. At 18 our
>sons are
>> required to register with the armed forces, can be sent off to war, and
>offer
>> their lives to serve their country. Yet ... (you knew this was coming)
>... at the
>> same age they are considered too immature to be allowed to have an
>alcoholic
>> beverage. I know my thinking may be backwards - but I often feel I am
>missing
>> something in all of this.
>>
>> Joyce
>>
>> On Tue, 20 Jan 2004 00:49:28 -0600, "Miss Violette"
><[email protected]>
>> wrote:
>>
>> >The state that has the best answer here in the states is Nevada, their ballots carry "none of
>> >the above" as a choice, Lee Nathalie W <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
>> >berlin.de...
>> >> It 's said to be 'more democratic' because everyone's voice will be
>heard.
>> >> The problem is that people who don't want to vote will will make what
>we
>> >> call protest votes, by voting for nonsensical or extremist parties.
> we
>> >> don't vote for people but always for parties here and everyone has the
>> >right
>> >> to start a political party.)
>> >>
>> >> "Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
>> >> berlin.de...
>> >> > it is odd that it is obligatory but while I don't agree with it I can
>> >see
>> >> > why it is done, Lee Nathalie W <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
>> >> > berlin.de...
>> >> > > Funny how these things differ... here the vote is completely and
>> >> strictly
>> >> > > anonymous. Back when we voted on paper, any voting document that
>was
>> >> > signed
>> >> > > or had your name or identity on (some elderly people thought you
>> >should
>> >> > sign
>> >> > > the documents, lol) was considered invalid. Now we vote
>electronically
>> >> and
>> >> > > still very anonymously. On the other hand, we are one of the 2 only countries in the world
>> >where
>> >> > > voting is obligatory, and you get fined if you don't vote :)
>> >> > > --
>> >> > > Nathalie from Belgium
>> >> > > 134.1/104.2/minigoal 99.9 Goal 68 Kg
>> >> > > 295.6/229.7/minigoal 220.3/Goal 150 pounds RAFL 105.3/104.3/96 Kg
>> >> > > 232/229.7/212 lbs "Fred" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> >> > > news:[email protected]...
>> >> > > > Ah, the food element enters the electorate's decision-making.
>> >> > > >
>> >> > > > Yes, our nonpartisan primary was dumped by the 9th Circuit Fed
>> >courts.
>> >> > > > Either we register for a party or cannot vote. The legislature
>is
>> >> > > > still trying to work on something including one where two top candidates, party
>> >> > > > affiliation notwithstanding would be on the
>> >general
>> >> > > > ballot. So that there could be two Democrats or two Rep's on the ballot rather than one
>> >> > > > of each. That would serve the parties
>right.
>> >> > > > I think in one or two gubernatorial primaries recently, there
>would
>> >> > > > have been no Republican candidate.
>> >> > > >
>> >> > > > On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 16:28:17 -0600, "Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote:
>> >> > > >
>> >> > > > >not for me thanks, I make it a practice to never do any election
>> >> where
>> >> > I
>> >> > > > >have to declare, makes my politician parents upset but I can't
>> >> justify
>> >> > > > >voting where someone else can know my party/preferences, and
>> >besides
>> >> am
>> >> > > in
>> >> > > > >S.IL and would have to go a long way to sneak into someone's
>> >> > livingroom,
>> >> > > and
>> >> > > > >they would probably have brownies or cake or cookies... Maybe I
>> >will
>> >> > > rethink
>> >> > > > >this... Lee Fred <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> >> > > > >news:[email protected]...
>> >> > > > >> Nothing too shocking. Now cross the state line and "volt" in
>> >Iowa!
>> >> > > > >>
>> >> > > > >> On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 09:53:28 -0600, "Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote:
>> >> > > > >>
>> >> > > > >> >assessing the competition??? Lee Fred <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> >> > > > >> >news:[email protected]...
>> >> > > > >> >> Ah, the old, why bother connecting it syndrome. I helped a
>> >> friend
>> >> > > > >> >> RE-install her phone since they put in the plugs in her
>> >remodel
>> >> > and
>> >> > > > >> >> even did wire it. But did not connect the wires in the
>> >basement
>> >> > to
>> >> > > > >> >> anything. Does he pronounce it "goody" or is he just GOOD
>> >(G)
>> >> > > > >> >>
>> >> > > > >> >> And how good was he?
>> >> > > > >> >>
>> >> > > > >> >> On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 12:13:12 GMT, "Lesanne"
>> >> <[email protected]>
>> >> > > > >> >> wrote:
>> >> > > > >> >>
>> >> > > > >> >> >Yeah, we figured it out. They put it in, but never
>connected
>> >> it
>> >> > to
>> >> > > > >> >> >anything. We did not have time to fix it, after we found
>it,
>> >> so
>> >> > he
>> >> > > is
>> >> > > > >> >> >coming back. This mans' name, I kid you not, is Mr Goode.
>> >> > Snort.
>> >> > > > >> >> >
>> >> > > > >> >> >"Fred" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> >> > > > >> >> >news:[email protected]...
>> >> > > > >> >> >> You really do live an electrifying life! (gd&r)
>> >> > > > >> >> >>
>> >> > > > >> >> >> So did you figure it out?
>> >> > > > >> >> >>
>> >> > > > >> >> >> I spent the last 20 minutes using the Excel info that
>the
>> >> nice
>> >> > > folks
>> >> > > > >> >> >> here gave me to create a spreadsheet of my WI's since
>> >> starting.
>> >> > > > >> >> >>
>> >> > > > >> >> >> On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 00:38:21 GMT, "Lesanne"
>> >> > > <[email protected]>
>> >> > > > >> >> >> wrote:
>> >> > > > >> >> >>
>> >> > > > >> >> >> >ah, sounds like a great day. The electrician and I
>> >wandered
>> >> > in
>> >> > > the
>> >> > > > >> >attic
>> >> > > > >> >> >> >most of the afternoon trying to figure out why the plug
>> >near
>> >> > my
>> >> > > tv
>> >> > > > >in
>> >> > > > >> >my
>> >> > > > >> >> >> >bedroom does not work.
>> >> > > > >> >> >> >
>> >> > > > >> >> >> >
>> >> > > > >> >> >> >"Fred" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> >> > > > >> >> >> >news:[email protected]...
>> >> > > > >> >> >> >> I was sublimely surprised. The forecast foretold
>> >clouds
>> >> > and
>> >> > > > >> >showers.
>> >> > > > >> >> >> >> When I opened the door it clear with a neat crescent
>> >moon.
>> >> > > The
>> >> > > > >snow
>> >> > > > >> >> >> >> from last week must have been melted by the
>subsequent
>> >> rain.
>> >> > > > >This
>> >> > > > >> >> >> >> trail is very popular and when covered with snow, it
>> >gets
>> >> > > > >compressed
>> >> > > > >> >> >> >> into ice and then the trail becomes what I
>> >affectionately
>> >> > call
>> >> > > a
>> >> > > > >> >> >> >> vertical icerink! But it was sunny and ice-free.
>Nice
>> >> day.
>> >> > > > >Then
>> >> > > > >> >> >> >> came home and washed the car which still had the
>grime
>> >> from
>> >> > > the
>> >> > > > >> >Sierra
>> >> > > > >> >> >> >> in July and eastern Oregon in Aug plus all the snow
>> >grunge
>> >> > > from
>> >> > > > >the
>> >> > > > >> >> >> >> last few months.
>> >> > > > >> >> >> >>
>> >> > > > >> >> >> >> I usually take a series of vitamins after heavy
>exercise
>> >> to
>> >> > > > >> >replenish
>> >> > > > >> >> >> >> the water soluable ones that got sweated away.
>> >> > > > >> >> >> >>
>> >> > > > >> >> >> >> We shall see if I can hold below 160. I should start
>> >> using
>> >> > a
>> >> > > > >home
>> >> > > > >> >> >> >> weight in this, ahem, competition since my clothes
>are a
>> >> > > > >> >disadvantage
>> >> > > > >> >> >> >> (go for it Brenda and Lee)...... But I just sucked
>down
>> >> > mango,
>> >> > > > >and
>> >> > > > >> >> >> >> frango (g). But two hours of strenuous UP should
>have
>> >> > earned
>> >> > > > >some
>> >> > > > >> >of
>> >> > > > >> >> >> >> that food.
>> >> > > > >> >> >> >>
>> >> > > > >> >> >> >> On Sat, 17 Jan 2004 15:24:47 GMT, "Lesanne"
>> >> > > > ><[email protected]>
>> >> > > > >> >> >> >> wrote:
>> >> > > > >> >> >> >>
>> >> > > > >> >> >> >> >I eat leftovers as well. That is what the daily
>> >> > multivitamin
>> >> > > is
>> >> > > > >> >for
>> >> > > > >> >> >:)
>> >> > > > >> >> >> >> >
>> >> > > > >> >> >> >> >Kudos on the exercise, I wimped out with a mere 30
>> >> minutes
>> >> > of
>> >> > > > >> >toning
>> >> > > > >> >> >> >style
>> >> > > > >> >> >> >> >weights and exercycle circuits.
>> >> > > > >> >> >> >> >You got me this morning 157.5 here. I have noticed
>> >that
>> >> my
>> >> > > > >average
>> >> > > > >> >> >has
>> >> > > > >> >> >> >> >stayed right around there for 6 weeks now. HA.
>> >> > Maintenance
>> >> > > > >> >success.
>> >> > > > >> >> >> >> >"Fred" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> >> > > > >> >> >> >> >news:[email protected]...
>> >> > > > >> >> >> >> >> Sooner than I thought - this very morning on the
>home
>> >> > > scale.
>> >> > > > >And
>> >> > > > >> >> >> >> >> packed and dressed for a cloudy but maybe dry
>hike.
>> >> > Aiming
>> >> > >
>> >> > > > >for
>> >> > > > >> >> >> >> >> (depending on ice) 3,400 feet up over 4 miles.
>> >Eating
>> >> > > > >breakfast
>> >> > > > >> >and
>> >> > > > >> >> >> >> >> reading here before I head out. It was good and
>will
>> >> be
>> >> > > > >repeated
>> >> > > > >> >> >> >> >> tonight since I made swordfish for more than the
>one
>> >> > night.
>> >> > > > >The
>> >> > > > >> >> >other
>> >> > > > >> >> >> >> >> stuff is also left over. I do wonder how much
>> >> nutrients
>> >> > > are
>> >> > > > >lost
>> >> > > > >> >in
>> >> > > > >> >> >> >> >> refrig but NOT microwaved broccoli and
>cauliflower.
>> >> > > > >> >> >> >> >>
>> >> > > > >> >> >> >> >> On Sat, 17 Jan 2004 12:46:18 GMT, "Lesanne"
>> >> > > > >> ><[email protected]>
>> >> > > > >> >> >> >> >> wrote:
>> >> > > > >> >> >> >> >> >Wow, keep up eating like that and you will be 157
>> >> soon.
>> >> > > Yum
>> >> > > > >> >too.
>> >> > > > >> >> >> >> >> >
>> >> > > > >> >> >> >> >> >"Fred" <[email protected]> wrote in
>message
>>news:[email protected]...
>> >> > > > >> >> >> >> >> >> I'm going to try getting it back down to 157
>> >> sometime.
>> >> > > We
>> >> > > > >> >shall
>> >> > > > >> >> >> >see.
>> >> > > > >> >> >> >> >> >> The swordfish is thawing. I already baked
>> >> > sweetpotatoes
>> >> > > > >the
>> >> > > > >> >> >other
>> >> > > > >> >> >> >> >> >> night and I have salad and broc/caul already
>> >> steamed.
>> >> > I
>> >> > > > >have
>> >> > > > >> >not
>> >> > > > >> >> >> >had
>> >> > > > >> >> >> >> >> >> a ms meringue in 3 days but have had one skinny
>> >cow
>> >> as
>> >> > > > >evening
>> >> > > > >> >> >> >snacks.
>> >> > > > >> >> >> >> >> >>
>> >> > > > >> >> >> >> >> >> On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 18:36:04 GMT, "Lesanne"
>> >> > > > >> >> ><[email protected]>
>> >> > > > >> >> >> >> >> >> wrote:
>> >> > > > >> >> >> >> >> >>
>> >> > > > >> >> >> >> >> >
>> >> > > > >> >> >> >>
>> >> > > > >> >> >> >
>> >> > > > >> >> >>
>> >> > > > >> >> >
>> >> > > > >> >>
>> >> > > > >> >
>> >> > > > >>
>> >> > > > >
>> >> > > >
>> >> > >
>> >> > >
>> >> >
>> >> >
>> >>
>> >>
>> >
>

I don't remember if you ever said how old you were, but sounds like you might be my brothers age (he
is 45) ... he had that same *now you're legal - now you're not* stuff to go through.

LOL!!! I never thought about the possibility of someone running under the name of none - what a
hoot. Heck, I'd vote for them anyway - gotta love someone with a sense of humor.

Joyce

On Sat, 24 Jan 2004 05:54:20 -0600, "Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote:

>I seem to remember being legal for six months or so but not exactly sure when they changed it. I
>would vote for non on the ballot, problem in this state is after a couple of cycles we would either
>be leaderless or some wiseguy would change his name to non, Lee Joyce <[email protected]> wrote in
>message news:[email protected]...
>> Very good points, Lee! I have daughters also, and you are right - they
>did not
>> have to register for the military, definitely a double standard. And I
>did
>> totally forget about the cigarettes being legal at 18. This must be
>another one
>> of those areas where our age difference comes into play ... I could drink
>beer and
>> wine legally when I was 19. <G> The laws were changed a short time after
>though,
>> as I remember my younger brother was legal for a bit - then had it taken
>away.
>> The thing I remember though, is that by it being legalized - drinking was
>no
>> longer as enticing as when we thought we were getting away with something.
><G>
>>
>> I still want to see a *none of the above* choice in IL. LOL
>>
>> Joyce
>>
>> On Tue, 20 Jan 2004 17:54:57 -0600, "Miss Violette"
><[email protected]>
>> wrote:
>>
>> >OK you asked for it. I think it is hideous that we live in a society
>that
>> >differentiates between men and women in registering, should be both or neither. As to the adult
>> >status, I think it would probably benefit us if all of these things along with cigarettes and
>> >driving were all at the
>same
>> >age. I think had I been able to drink when first voting I might have
>made
>> >better choices, Lee Joyce <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> >news:[email protected]...
>> >> Ya know, I have been asking for that choice for years ... IL seems to
>not
>> >> understand. I am glad to hear that there is somewhere in the world
>that
>> >thinks
>> >> like I do. <g>
>> >>
>> >> And you don't want to get me started on our governments *thinking*. At
>18
>> >our
>> >> sons and daughters are considered legal adults. Encouraged and
>allowed
>> >to vote
>> >> towards making decisions as to how they would like to see our
>government
>> >run, yet
>> >> most pay next to nothing in taxes that these decisions affect. At 18
>our
>> >sons are
>> >> required to register with the armed forces, can be sent off to war, and
>> >offer
>> >> their lives to serve their country. Yet ... (you knew this was coming)
>> >... at the
>> >> same age they are considered too immature to be allowed to have an
>> >alcoholic
>> >> beverage. I know my thinking may be backwards - but I often feel I am
>> >missing
>> >> something in all of this.
>> >>
>> >> Joyce
>> >>
>> >> On Tue, 20 Jan 2004 00:49:28 -0600, "Miss Violette"
>> ><[email protected]>
>> >> wrote:
>> >>
>> >> >The state that has the best answer here in the states is Nevada, their ballots carry "none of
>> >> >the above" as a choice, Lee Nathalie W <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
>> >> >berlin.de...
>> >> >> It 's said to be 'more democratic' because everyone's voice will be
>> >heard.
>> >> >> The problem is that people who don't want to vote will will make
>what
>> >we
>> >> >> call protest votes, by voting for nonsensical or extremist parties.
>> > we
>> >> >> don't vote for people but always for parties here and everyone has
>the
>> >> >right
>> >> >> to start a political party.)
>> >> >>
>> >> >> "Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
>> >> >> berlin.de...
>> >> >> > it is odd that it is obligatory but while I don't agree with it I
>can
>> >> >see
>> >> >> > why it is done, Lee Nathalie W <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
>> >> >> > berlin.de...
>> >> >> > > Funny how these things differ... here the vote is completely and
>> >> >> strictly
>> >> >> > > anonymous. Back when we voted on paper, any voting document that
>> >was
>> >> >> > signed
>> >> >> > > or had your name or identity on (some elderly people thought you
>> >> >should
>> >> >> > sign
>> >> >> > > the documents, lol) was considered invalid. Now we vote
>> >electronically
>> >> >> and
>> >> >> > > still very anonymously. On the other hand, we are one of the 2 only countries in the
>world
>> >> >where
>> >> >> > > voting is obligatory, and you get fined if you don't vote :)
>> >> >> > > --
>> >> >> > > Nathalie from Belgium
>> >> >> > > 134.1/104.2/minigoal 99.9 Goal 68 Kg
>> >> >> > > 295.6/229.7/minigoal 220.3/Goal 150 pounds RAFL 105.3/104.3/96 Kg
>> >> >> > > 232/229.7/212 lbs "Fred" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> >> >> > > news:[email protected]...
>> >> >> > > > Ah, the food element enters the electorate's decision-making.
>> >> >> > > >
>> >> >> > > > Yes, our nonpartisan primary was dumped by the 9th Circuit Fed
>> >> >courts.
>> >> >> > > > Either we register for a party or cannot vote. The
>legislature
>> >is
>> >> >> > > > still trying to work on something including one where two top candidates, party
>> >> >> > > > affiliation notwithstanding would be on the
>> >> >general
>> >> >> > > > ballot. So that there could be two Democrats or two Rep's on
>the
>> >> >> > > > ballot rather than one of each. That would serve the parties
>> >right.
>> >> >> > > > I think in one or two gubernatorial primaries recently, there
>> >would
>> >> >> > > > have been no Republican candidate.
>> >> >> > > >
>> >> >> > > > On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 16:28:17 -0600, "Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote:
>> >> >> > > >
>> >> >> > > > >not for me thanks, I make it a practice to never do any
>election
>> >> >> where
>> >> >> > I
>> >> >> > > > >have to declare, makes my politician parents upset but I
>can't
>> >> >> justify
>> >> >> > > > >voting where someone else can know my party/preferences, and
>> >> >besides
>> >> >> am
>> >> >> > > in
>> >> >> > > > >S.IL and would have to go a long way to sneak into someone's
>> >> >> > livingroom,
>> >> >> > > and
>> >> >> > > > >they would probably have brownies or cake or cookies... Maybe
>I
>> >> >will
>> >> >> > > rethink
>> >> >> > > > >this... Lee Fred <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> >> >> > > > >news:[email protected]...
>> >> >> > > > >> Nothing too shocking. Now cross the state line and "volt"
>in
>> >> >Iowa!
>> >> >> > > > >>
>> >> >> > > > >> On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 09:53:28 -0600, "Miss Violette" <[email protected]>
>> >> >> > > > >> wrote:
>> >> >> > > > >>
>> >> >> > > > >> >assessing the competition??? Lee Fred <[email protected]> wrote in
>> >> >> > > > >> >message news:[email protected]...
>> >> >> > > > >> >> Ah, the old, why bother connecting it syndrome. I
>helped a
>> >> >> friend
>> >> >> > > > >> >> RE-install her phone since they put in the plugs in her
>> >> >remodel
>> >> >> > and
>> >> >> > > > >> >> even did wire it. But did not connect the wires in the
>> >> >basement
>> >> >> > to
>> >> >> > > > >> >> anything. Does he pronounce it "goody" or is he just
>GOOD
>> >> >(G)
>> >> >> > > > >> >>
>> >> >> > > > >> >> And how good was he?
>> >> >> > > > >> >>
>> >> >> > > > >> >> On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 12:13:12 GMT, "Lesanne"
>> >> >> <[email protected]>
>> >> >> > > > >> >> wrote:
>> >> >> > > > >> >>
>> >> >> > > > >> >> >Yeah, we figured it out. They put it in, but never
>> >connected
>> >> >> it
>> >> >> > to
>> >> >> > > > >> >> >anything. We did not have time to fix it, after we
>found
>> >it,
>> >> >> so
>> >> >> > he
>> >> >> > > is
>> >> >> > > > >> >> >coming back. This mans' name, I kid you not, is Mr
>Goode.
>> >> >> > Snort.
>> >> >> > > > >> >> >
>> >> >> > > > >> >> >"Fred" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> >> >> > > > >> >> >news:[email protected]...
>> >> >> > > > >> >> >> You really do live an electrifying life! (gd&r)
>> >> >> > > > >> >> >>
>> >> >> > > > >> >> >> So did you figure it out?
>> >> >> > > > >> >> >>
>> >> >> > > > >> >> >> I spent the last 20 minutes using the Excel info that
>> >the
>> >> >> nice
>> >> >> > > folks
>> >> >> > > > >> >> >> here gave me to create a spreadsheet of my WI's since
>> >> >> starting.
>> >> >> > > > >> >> >>
>> >> >> > > > >> >> >> On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 00:38:21 GMT, "Lesanne"
>> >> >> > > <[email protected]>
>> >> >> > > > >> >> >> wrote:
>> >> >> > > > >> >> >>
>> >> >> > > > >> >> >> >ah, sounds like a great day. The electrician and I
>> >> >wandered
>> >> >> > in
>> >> >> > > the
>> >> >> > > > >> >attic
>> >> >> > > > >> >> >> >most of the afternoon trying to figure out why the
>plug
>> >> >near
>> >> >> > my
>> >> >> > > tv
>> >> >> > > > >in
>> >> >> > > > >> >my
>> >> >> > > > >> >> >> >bedroom does not work.
>> >> >> > > > >> >> >> >
>> >> >> > > > >> >> >> >"Fred" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> >> >> > > > >> >> >> >news:[email protected]...
>> >> >> > > > >> >> >> >> I was sublimely surprised. The forecast foretold
>> >> >clouds
>> >> >> > and
>> >> >> > > > >> >showers.
>> >> >> > > > >> >> >> >> When I opened the door it clear with a neat
>crescent
>> >> >moon.
>> >> >> > > The
>> >> >> > > > >snow
>> >> >> > > > >> >> >> >> from last week must have been melted by the
>> >subsequent
>> >> >> rain.
>> >> >> > > > >This
>> >> >> > > > >> >> >> >> trail is very popular and when covered with snow,
>it
>> >> >gets
>> >> >> > > > >compressed
>> >> >> > > > >> >> >> >> into ice and then the trail becomes what I
>> >> >affectionately
>> >> >> > call
>> >> >> > > a
>> >> >> > > > >> >> >> >> vertical icerink! But it was sunny and ice-free.
>> >Nice
>> >> >> day.
>> >> >> > > > >Then
>> >> >> > > > >> >> >> >> came home and washed the car which still had the
>> >grime
>> >> >> from
>> >> >> > > the
>> >> >> > > > >> >Sierra
>> >> >> > > > >> >> >> >> in July and eastern Oregon in Aug plus all the
>snow
>> >> >grunge
>> >> >> > > from
>> >> >> > > > >the
>> >> >> > > > >> >> >> >> last few months.
>> >> >> > > > >> >> >> >>
>> >> >> > > > >> >> >> >> I usually take a series of vitamins after heavy
>> >exercise
>> >> >> to
>> >> >> > > > >> >replenish
>> >> >> > > > >> >> >> >> the water soluable ones that got sweated away.
>> >> >> > > > >> >> >> >> We shall see if I can hold below 160. I should
>start
>> >> >> using
>> >> >> > a
>> >> >> > > > >home
>> >> >> > > > >> >> >> >> weight in this, ahem, competition since my clothes
>> >are a
>> >> >> > > > >> >disadvantage
>> >> >> > > > >> >> >> >> (go for it Brenda and Lee)...... But I just sucked
>> >down
>> >> >> > mango,
>> >> >> > > > >and
>> >> >> > > > >> >> >> >> frango (g). But two hours of strenuous UP should
>> >have
>> >> >> > earned
>> >> >> > > > >some
>> >> >> > > > >> >of
>> >> >> > > > >> >> >> >> that food.
>> >> >> > > > >> >> >> >> On Sat, 17 Jan 2004 15:24:47 GMT, "Lesanne"
>> >> >> > > > ><[email protected]>
>> >> >> > > > >> >> >> >> wrote:
>> >> >> > > > >> >> >> >> >I eat leftovers as well. That is what the daily
>> >> >> > multivitamin
>> >> >> > > is
>> >> >> > > > >> >for
>> >> >> > > > >> >> >:)
>> >> >> > > > >> >> >> >> >
>> >> >> > > > >> >> >> >> >Kudos on the exercise, I wimped out with a mere
>30
>> >> >> minutes
>> >> >> > of
>> >> >> > > > >> >toning
>> >> >> > > > >> >> >> >style
>> >> >> > > > >> >> >> >> >weights and exercycle circuits.
>> >> >> > > > >> >> >> >> >You got me this morning 157.5 here. I have
>noticed
>> >> >that
>> >> >> my
>> >> >> > > > >average
>> >> >> > > > >> >> >has
>> >> >> > > > >> >> >> >> >stayed right around there for 6 weeks now. HA.
>> >> >> > Maintenance
>> >> >> > > > >> >success.
>> >> >> > > > >> >> >> >> >"Fred" <[email protected]> wrote in
>message
>>news:[email protected]...
>> >> >> > > > >> >> >> >> >> Sooner than I thought - this very morning on
>the
>> >home
>> >> >> > > scale.
>> >> >> > > > >And
>> >> >> > > > >> >> >> >> >> packed and dressed for a cloudy but maybe dry
>> >hike.
>> >> >> > Aiming
>> >> >> > >
>> >> >> > > > >for
>> >> >> > > > >> >> >> >> >> (depending on ice) 3,400 feet up over 4 miles.
>> >> >Eating
>> >> >> > > > >breakfast
>> >> >> > > > >> >and
>> >> >> > > > >> >> >> >> >> reading here before I head out. It was good
>and
>> >will
>> >> >> be
>> >> >> > > > >repeated
>> >> >> > > > >> >> >> >> >> tonight since I made swordfish for more than
>the
>> >one
>> >> >> > night.
>> >> >> > > > >The
>> >> >> > > > >> >> >other
>> >> >> > > > >> >> >> >> >> stuff is also left over. I do wonder how much
>> >> >> nutrients
>> >> >> > > are
>> >> >> > > > >lost
>> >> >> > > > >> >in
>> >> >> > > > >> >> >> >> >> refrig but NOT microwaved broccoli and
>> >cauliflower.
>> >> >> > > > >> >> >> >> >>
>> >> >> > > > >> >> >> >> >> On Sat, 17 Jan 2004 12:46:18 GMT, "Lesanne"
>> >> >> > > > >> ><[email protected]>
>> >> >> > > > >> >> >> >> >> wrote:
>> >> >> > > > >> >> >> >> >> >Wow, keep up eating like that and you will be
>157
>> >> >> soon.
>> >> >> > > Yum
>> >> >> > > > >> >too.
>> >> >> > > > >> >> >> >> >> >
>> >> >> > > > >> >> >> >> >> >"Fred" <[email protected]> wrote in
>> >message
>> >>news:[email protected]...
>> >> >> > > > >> >> >> >> >> >> I'm going to try getting it back down to 157
>> >> >> sometime.
>> >> >> > > We
>> >> >> > > > >> >shall
>> >> >> > > > >> >> >> >see.
>> >> >> > > > >> >> >> >> >> >> The swordfish is thawing. I already baked
>> >> >> > sweetpotatoes
>> >> >> > > > >the
>> >> >> > > > >> >> >other
>> >> >> > > > >> >> >> >> >> >> night and I have salad and broc/caul already
>> >> >> steamed.
>> >> >> > I
>> >> >> > > > >have
>> >> >> > > > >> >not
>> >> >> > > > >> >> >> >had
>> >> >> > > > >> >> >> >> >> >> a ms meringue in 3 days but have had one
>skinny
>> >> >cow
>> >> >> as
>> >> >> > > > >evening
>> >> >> > > > >> >> >> >snacks.
>> >> >> > > > >> >> >> >> >> >>
>> >> >> > > > >> >> >> >> >> >> On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 18:36:04 GMT, "Lesanne"
>> >> >> > > > >> >> ><[email protected]>
>> >> >> > > > >> >> >> >> >> >> wrote:
>> >> >> > > > >> >> >> >> >> >>
>> >> >> > > > >> >> >> >> >> >
>> >> >> > > > >> >> >>
>> >> >> > > > >> >> >
>> >> >> > > > >> >>
>> >> >> > > > >> >
>> >> >> > > > >>
>> >> >> > > > >
>> >> >> > > >
>> >> >> > >
>> >> >> > >
>> >> >> >
>> >> >> >
>> >> >>
>> >> >>
>> >> >
>> >>
>> >
>

I seem to remember being legal for six months or so but not exactly sure
when they changed it. I would vote for non on the ballot, problem in this
state is after a couple of cycles we would either be leaderless or some
wiseguy would change his name to non, Lee
Joyce <[email protected]> wrote in message
> Very good points, Lee! I have daughters also, and you are right - they
did not
> have to register for the military, definitely a double standard. And I
did
> totally forget about the cigarettes being legal at 18. This must be
another one
> of those areas where our age difference comes into play ... I could drink
beer and
> wine legally when I was 19. <G> The laws were changed a short time after
though,
> as I remember my younger brother was legal for a bit - then had it taken
away.
> The thing I remember though, is that by it being legalized - drinking was
no
> longer as enticing as when we thought we were getting away with something.
<G>
>
> I still want to see a *none of the above* choice in IL. LOL
>
> Joyce
>
> On Tue, 20 Jan 2004 17:54:57 -0600, "Miss Violette"
<[email protected]>
> wrote:
>
> >OK you asked for it. I think it is hideous that we live in a society
that
> >differentiates between men and women in registering, should be both or neither. As to the adult
> >status, I think it would probably benefit us if all of these things along with cigarettes and
> >driving were all at the
same
> >age. I think had I been able to drink when first voting I might have
made
> >better choices, Lee Joyce <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >> Ya know, I have been asking for that choice for years ... IL seems to
not
> >> understand. I am glad to hear that there is somewhere in the world
that
> >thinks
> >> like I do. <g>
> >>
> >> And you don't want to get me started on our governments *thinking*. At
> >our
> >> sons and daughters are considered legal adults. Encouraged and
allowed
> >to vote
> >> towards making decisions as to how they would like to see our
government
> >run, yet
> >> most pay next to nothing in taxes that these decisions affect. At 18
our
> >sons are
> >> required to register with the armed forces, can be sent off to war, and
> >offer
> >> their lives to serve their country. Yet ... (you knew this was coming)
> >... at the
> >> same age they are considered too immature to be allowed to have an
> >alcoholic
> >> beverage. I know my thinking may be backwards - but I often feel I am
> >missing
> >> something in all of this.
> >>
> >> Joyce
> >>
> >> On Tue, 20 Jan 2004 00:49:28 -0600, "Miss Violette"
> ><[email protected]>
> >> wrote:
> >>
> >> >The state that has the best answer here in the states is Nevada, their ballots carry "none of
> >> >the above" as a choice, Lee Nathalie W <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
> >> >berlin.de...
> >> >> It 's said to be 'more democratic' because everyone's voice will be
> >heard.
> >> >> The problem is that people who don't want to vote will will make
what
> >we
> >> >> call protest votes, by voting for nonsensical or extremist parties.
> > we
> >> >> don't vote for people but always for parties here and everyone has
the
> >> >right
> >> >> to start a political party.)
> >> >>
> >> >> "Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
> >> >> berlin.de...
> >> >> > it is odd that it is obligatory but while I don't agree with it I
can
> >> >see
> >> >> > why it is done, Lee Nathalie W <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
> >> >> > berlin.de...
> >> >> > > Funny how these things differ... here the vote is completely and
> >> >> strictly
> >> >> > > anonymous. Back when we voted on paper, any voting document that
> >was
> >> >> > signed
> >> >> > > or had your name or identity on (some elderly people thought you
> >> >should
> >> >> > sign
> >> >> > > the documents, lol) was considered invalid. Now we vote
> >electronically
> >> >> and
> >> >> > > still very anonymously. On the other hand, we are one of the 2 only countries in the
world
> >> >where
> >> >> > > voting is obligatory, and you get fined if you don't vote :)
> >> >> > > --
> >> >> > > Nathalie from Belgium
> >> >> > > 134.1/104.2/minigoal 99.9 Goal 68 Kg
> >> >> > > 295.6/229.7/minigoal 220.3/Goal 150 pounds RAFL 105.3/104.3/96 Kg
> >> >> > > 232/229.7/212 lbs "Fred" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >> >> > > news:[email protected]...
> >> >> > > > Ah, the food element enters the electorate's decision-making.
> >> >> > > >
> >> >> > > > Yes, our nonpartisan primary was dumped by the 9th Circuit Fed
> >> >courts.
> >> >> > > > Either we register for a party or cannot vote. The
legislature
> >is
> >> >> > > > still trying to work on something including one where two top candidates, party
> >> >> > > > affiliation notwithstanding would be on the
> >> >general
> >> >> > > > ballot. So that there could be two Democrats or two Rep's on
the
> >> >> > > > ballot rather than one of each. That would serve the parties
> >right.
> >> >> > > > I think in one or two gubernatorial primaries recently, there
> >would
> >> >> > > > have been no Republican candidate.
> >> >> > > >
> >> >> > > > On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 16:28:17 -0600, "Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote:
> >> >> > > >
> >> >> > > > >not for me thanks, I make it a practice to never do any
election
> >> >> where
> >> >> > I
> >> >> > > > >have to declare, makes my politician parents upset but I
can't
> >> >> justify
> >> >> > > > >voting where someone else can know my party/preferences, and
> >> >besides
> >> >> am
> >> >> > > in
> >> >> > > > >S.IL and would have to go a long way to sneak into someone's
> >> >> > livingroom,
> >> >> > > and
> >> >> > > > >they would probably have brownies or cake or cookies... Maybe
I
> >> >will
> >> >> > > rethink
> >> >> > > > >this... Lee Fred <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >> >> > > > >news:[email protected]...
> >> >> > > > >> Nothing too shocking. Now cross the state line and "volt"
in
> >> >Iowa!
> >> >> > > > >>
> >> >> > > > >> On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 09:53:28 -0600, "Miss Violette" <[email protected]>
> >> >> > > > >> wrote:
> >> >> > > > >>
> >> >> > > > >> >assessing the competition??? Lee Fred <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >> >> > > > >> >news:[email protected]...
> >> >> > > > >> >> Ah, the old, why bother connecting it syndrome. I
helped a
> >> >> friend
> >> >> > > > >> >> RE-install her phone since they put in the plugs in her
> >> >remodel
> >> >> > and
> >> >> > > > >> >> even did wire it. But did not connect the wires in the
> >> >basement
> >> >> > to
> >> >> > > > >> >> anything. Does he pronounce it "goody" or is he just
GOOD
> >> >(G)
> >> >> > > > >> >>
> >> >> > > > >> >> And how good was he?
> >> >> > > > >> >>
> >> >> > > > >> >> On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 12:13:12 GMT, "Lesanne"
> >> >> <[email protected]>
> >> >> > > > >> >> wrote:
> >> >> > > > >> >>
> >> >> > > > >> >> >Yeah, we figured it out. They put it in, but never
> >connected
> >> >> it
> >> >> > to
> >> >> > > > >> >> >anything. We did not have time to fix it, after we
found
> >it,
> >> >> so
> >> >> > he
> >> >> > > is
> >> >> > > > >> >> >coming back. This mans' name, I kid you not, is Mr
Goode.
> >> >> > Snort.
> >> >> > > > >> >> >
> >> >> > > > >> >> >"Fred" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >> >> > > > >> >> >news:[email protected]...
> >> >> > > > >> >> >> You really do live an electrifying life! (gd&r)
> >> >> > > > >> >> >>
> >> >> > > > >> >> >> So did you figure it out?
> >> >> > > > >> >> >>
> >> >> > > > >> >> >> I spent the last 20 minutes using the Excel info that
> >the
> >> >> nice
> >> >> > > folks
> >> >> > > > >> >> >> here gave me to create a spreadsheet of my WI's since
> >> >> starting.
> >> >> > > > >> >> >>
> >> >> > > > >> >> >> On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 00:38:21 GMT, "Lesanne"
> >> >> > > <[email protected]>
> >> >> > > > >> >> >> wrote:
> >> >> > > > >> >> >>
> >> >> > > > >> >> >> >ah, sounds like a great day. The electrician and I
> >> >wandered
> >> >> > in
> >> >> > > the
> >> >> > > > >> >attic
> >> >> > > > >> >> >> >most of the afternoon trying to figure out why the
plug
> >> >near
> >> >> > my
> >> >> > > tv
> >> >> > > > >in
> >> >> > > > >> >my
> >> >> > > > >> >> >> >bedroom does not work.
> >> >> > > > >> >> >> >
> >> >> > > > >> >> >> >
> >> >> > > > >> >> >> >"Fred" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >> >> > > > >> >> >> >news:[email protected]...
> >> >> > > > >> >> >> >> I was sublimely surprised. The forecast foretold
> >> >clouds
> >> >> > and
> >> >> > > > >> >showers.
> >> >> > > > >> >> >> >> When I opened the door it clear with a neat
crescent
> >> >moon.
> >> >> > > The
> >> >> > > > >snow
> >> >> > > > >> >> >> >> from last week must have been melted by the
> >subsequent
> >> >> rain.
> >> >> > > > >This
> >> >> > > > >> >> >> >> trail is very popular and when covered with snow,
it
> >> >gets
> >> >> > > > >compressed
> >> >> > > > >> >> >> >> into ice and then the trail becomes what I
> >> >affectionately
> >> >> > call
> >> >> > > a
> >> >> > > > >> >> >> >> vertical icerink! But it was sunny and ice-free.
> >Nice
> >> >> day.
> >> >> > > > >Then
> >> >> > > > >> >> >> >> came home and washed the car which still had the
> >grime
> >> >> from
> >> >> > > the
> >> >> > > > >> >Sierra
> >> >> > > > >> >> >> >> in July and eastern Oregon in Aug plus all the
snow
> >> >grunge
> >> >> > > from
> >> >> > > > >the
> >> >> > > > >> >> >> >> last few months.
> >> >> > > > >> >> >> >>
> >> >> > > > >> >> >> >> I usually take a series of vitamins after heavy
> >exercise
> >> >> to
> >> >> > > > >> >replenish
> >> >> > > > >> >> >> >> the water soluable ones that got sweated away.
> >> >> > > > >> >> >> >> We shall see if I can hold below 160. I should
start
> >> >> using
> >> >> > a
> >> >> > > > >home
> >> >> > > > >> >> >> >> weight in this, ahem, competition since my clothes
> >are a
> >> >> > > > >> >disadvantage
> >> >> > > > >> >> >> >> (go for it Brenda and Lee)...... But I just sucked
> >down
> >> >> > mango,
> >> >> > > > >and
> >> >> > > > >> >> >> >> frango (g). But two hours of strenuous UP should
> >have
> >> >> > earned
> >> >> > > > >some
> >> >> > > > >> >of
> >> >> > > > >> >> >> >> that food.
> >> >> > > > >> >> >> >> On Sat, 17 Jan 2004 15:24:47 GMT, "Lesanne"
> >> >> > > > ><[email protected]>
> >> >> > > > >> >> >> >> wrote:
> >> >> > > > >> >> >> >> >I eat leftovers as well. That is what the daily
> >> >> > multivitamin
> >> >> > > is
> >> >> > > > >> >for
> >> >> > > > >> >> >:)
> >> >> > > > >> >> >> >> >
> >> >> > > > >> >> >> >> >Kudos on the exercise, I wimped out with a mere
> >> >> minutes
> >> >> > of
> >> >> > > > >> >toning
> >> >> > > > >> >> >> >style
> >> >> > > > >> >> >> >> >weights and exercycle circuits.
> >> >> > > > >> >> >> >> >You got me this morning 157.5 here. I have
noticed
> >> >that
> >> >> my
> >> >> > > > >average
> >> >> > > > >> >> >has
> >> >> > > > >> >> >> >> >stayed right around there for 6 weeks now. HA.
> >> >> > Maintenance
> >> >> > > > >> >success.
> >> >> > > > >> >> >> >> >"Fred" <[email protected]> wrote in
>news:[email protected]...
> >> >> > > > >> >> >> >> >> Sooner than I thought - this very morning on
the
> >home
> >> >> > > scale.
> >> >> > > > >And
> >> >> > > > >> >> >> >> >> packed and dressed for a cloudy but maybe dry
> >hike.
> >> >> > Aiming
> >> >> > >
> >> >> > > > >for
> >> >> > > > >> >> >> >> >> (depending on ice) 3,400 feet up over 4 miles.
> >> >Eating
> >> >> > > > >breakfast
> >> >> > > > >> >and
> >> >> > > > >> >> >> >> >> reading here before I head out. It was good
and
> >will
> >> >> be
> >> >> > > > >repeated
> >> >> > > > >> >> >> >> >> tonight since I made swordfish for more than
the
> >one
> >> >> > night.
> >> >> > > > >The
> >> >> > > > >> >> >other
> >> >> > > > >> >> >> >> >> stuff is also left over. I do wonder how much
> >> >> nutrients
> >> >> > > are
> >> >> > > > >lost
> >> >> > > > >> >in
> >> >> > > > >> >> >> >> >> refrig but NOT microwaved broccoli and
> >cauliflower.
> >> >> > > > >> >> >> >> >>
> >> >> > > > >> >> >> >> >> On Sat, 17 Jan 2004 12:46:18 GMT, "Lesanne"
> >> >> > > > >> ><[email protected]>
> >> >> > > > >> >> >> >> >> wrote:
> >> >> > > > >> >> >> >> >> >Wow, keep up eating like that and you will be
> >> >> soon.
> >> >> > > Yum
> >> >> > > > >> >too.
> >> >> > > > >> >> >> >> >> >
> >> >> > > > >> >> >> >> >> >"Fred" <[email protected]> wrote in
> >message
> >>news:[email protected]...
> >> >> > > > >> >> >> >> >> >> I'm going to try getting it back down to 157
> >> >> sometime.
> >> >> > > We
> >> >> > > > >> >shall
> >> >> > > > >> >> >> >see.
> >> >> > > > >> >> >> >> >> >> The swordfish is thawing. I already baked
> >> >> > sweetpotatoes
> >> >> > > > >the
> >> >> > > > >> >> >other
> >> >> > > > >> >> >> >> >> >> night and I have salad and broc/caul already
> >> >> steamed.
> >> >> > I
> >> >> > > > >have
> >> >> > > > >> >not
> >> >> > > > >> >> >> >had
> >> >> > > > >> >> >> >> >> >> a ms meringue in 3 days but have had one
skinny
> >> >cow
> >> >> as
> >> >> > > > >evening
> >> >> > > > >> >> >> >snacks.
> >> >> > > > >> >> >> >> >> >>
> >> >> > > > >> >> >> >> >> >> On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 18:36:04 GMT, "Lesanne"
> >> >> > > > >> >> ><[email protected]>
> >> >> > > > >> >> >> >> >> >> wrote:
> >> >> > > > >> >> >> >> >> >>
> >> >> > > > >> >> >> >> >> >
> >> >> > > > >> >> >> >
> >> >> > > > >> >> >>
> >> >> > > > >> >> >
> >> >> > > > >> >>
> >> >> > > > >> >
> >> >> > > > >>
> >> >> > > > >
> >> >> > > >
> >> >> > >
> >> >> > >
> >> >> >
> >> >> >
> >> >>
> >> >>
> >> >
> >>

will be 45 in July, I would vote for them as we could use some humor around
our politics, we have had enough evil and puppets, Lee
Joyce <[email protected]> wrote in message
> I don't remember if you ever said how old you were, but sounds like you
might be
> my brothers age (he is 45) ... he had that same *now you're legal - now
you're
> not* stuff to go through.
>
> LOL!!! I never thought about the possibility of someone running under the
name of
> none - what a hoot. Heck, I'd vote for them anyway - gotta love someone
with a
> sense of humor.
>
> Joyce
>
> On Sat, 24 Jan 2004 05:54:20 -0600, "Miss Violette"
<[email protected]>
> wrote:
>
> >I seem to remember being legal for six months or so but not exactly sure when they changed it. I
> >would vote for non on the ballot, problem in
this
> >state is after a couple of cycles we would either be leaderless or some wiseguy would change his
> >name to non, Lee Joyce <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >> Very good points, Lee! I have daughters also, and you are right - they
> >did not
> >> have to register for the military, definitely a double standard. And I
> >did
> >> totally forget about the cigarettes being legal at 18. This must be
> >another one
> >> of those areas where our age difference comes into play ... I could
drink
> >beer and
> >> wine legally when I was 19. <G> The laws were changed a short time
after
> >though,
> >> as I remember my younger brother was legal for a bit - then had it
taken
> >away.
> >> The thing I remember though, is that by it being legalized - drinking
was
> >no
> >> longer as enticing as when we thought we were getting away with
something.
> ><G>
> >>
> >> I still want to see a *none of the above* choice in IL. LOL
> >>
> >> Joyce
> >>
> >> On Tue, 20 Jan 2004 17:54:57 -0600, "Miss Violette"
> ><[email protected]>
> >> wrote:
> >>
> >> >OK you asked for it. I think it is hideous that we live in a society
> >that
> >> >differentiates between men and women in registering, should be both or neither. As to the
> >> >adult status, I think it would probably benefit us
if
> >> >all of these things along with cigarettes and driving were all at the
> >same
> >> >age. I think had I been able to drink when first voting I might have
> >made
> >> >better choices, Lee Joyce <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >> >> Ya know, I have been asking for that choice for years ... IL seems
to
> >not
> >> >> understand. I am glad to hear that there is somewhere in the world
> >that
> >> >thinks
> >> >> like I do. <g>
> >> >>
> >> >> And you don't want to get me started on our governments *thinking*.
At
> >18
> >> >our
> >> >> sons and daughters are considered legal adults. Encouraged and
> >allowed
> >> >to vote
> >> >> towards making decisions as to how they would like to see our
> >government
> >> >run, yet
> >> >> most pay next to nothing in taxes that these decisions affect. At
> >our
> >> >sons are
> >> >> required to register with the armed forces, can be sent off to war,
and
> >> >offer
> >> >> their lives to serve their country. Yet ... (you knew this was
coming)
> >> >... at the
> >> >> same age they are considered too immature to be allowed to have an
> >> >alcoholic
> >> >> beverage. I know my thinking may be backwards - but I often feel I
am
> >> >missing
> >> >> something in all of this.
> >> >>
> >> >> Joyce
> >> >>
> >> >> On Tue, 20 Jan 2004 00:49:28 -0600, "Miss Violette"
> >> >> wrote:
> >> >>
> >> >> >The state that has the best answer here in the states is Nevada,
their
> >> >> >ballots carry "none of the above" as a choice, Lee Nathalie W <[email protected]> wrote in
> >> >> >message news:[email protected]...
> >> >> >> It 's said to be 'more democratic' because everyone's voice will
be
> >> >heard.
> >> >> >> The problem is that people who don't want to vote will will make
> >what
> >> >we
> >> >> >> call protest votes, by voting for nonsensical or extremist
parties.
> >> > we
> >> >> >> don't vote for people but always for parties here and everyone
has
> >the
> >> >> >right
> >> >> >> to start a political party.)
> >> >> >>
> >> >> >> "Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
> >> >> >> berlin.de...
> >> >> >> > it is odd that it is obligatory but while I don't agree with it
I
> >can
> >> >> >see
> >> >> >> > why it is done, Lee Nathalie W <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
> >> >> >> > berlin.de...
> >> >> >> > > Funny how these things differ... here the vote is completely
and
> >> >> >> strictly
> >> >> >> > > anonymous. Back when we voted on paper, any voting document
that
> >> >was
> >> >> >> > signed
> >> >> >> > > or had your name or identity on (some elderly people thought
you
> >> >> >should
> >> >> >> > sign
> >> >> >> > > the documents, lol) was considered invalid. Now we vote
> >> >electronically
> >> >> >> and
> >> >> >> > > still very anonymously. On the other hand, we are one of the 2 only countries in the
> >world
> >> >> >where
> >> >> >> > > voting is obligatory, and you get fined if you don't vote :)
> >> >> >> > > --
> >> >> >> > > Nathalie from Belgium
> >> >> >> > > 134.1/104.2/minigoal 99.9 Goal 68 Kg
> >> >> >> > > 295.6/229.7/minigoal 220.3/Goal 150 pounds RAFL 105.3/104.3/96 Kg
> >> >> >> > > 232/229.7/212 lbs "Fred" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >> >> >> > > news:[email protected]...
> >> >> >> > > > Ah, the food element enters the electorate's
decision-making.
> >> >> >> > > >
> >> >> >> > > > Yes, our nonpartisan primary was dumped by the 9th Circuit
Fed
> >> >> >courts.
> >> >> >> > > > Either we register for a party or cannot vote. The
> >legislature
> >> >is
> >> >> >> > > > still trying to work on something including one where two
> >> >> >> > > > candidates, party affiliation notwithstanding would be on
the
> >> >> >general
> >> >> >> > > > ballot. So that there could be two Democrats or two Rep's
on
> >the
> >> >> >> > > > ballot rather than one of each. That would serve the
parties
> >> >right.
> >> >> >> > > > I think in one or two gubernatorial primaries recently,
there
> >> >would
> >> >> >> > > > have been no Republican candidate.
> >> >> >> > > >
> >> >> >> > > > On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 16:28:17 -0600, "Miss Violette" <[email protected]>
> >> >> >> > > > wrote:
> >> >> >> > > >
> >> >> >> > > > >not for me thanks, I make it a practice to never do any
> >election
> >> >> >> where
> >> >> >> > I
> >> >> >> > > > >have to declare, makes my politician parents upset but I
> >can't
> >> >> >> justify
> >> >> >> > > > >voting where someone else can know my party/preferences,
and
> >> >> >besides
> >> >> >> am
> >> >> >> > > in
> >> >> >> > > > >S.IL and would have to go a long way to sneak into
someone's
> >> >> >> > livingroom,
> >> >> >> > > and
> >> >> >> > > > >they would probably have brownies or cake or cookies...
Maybe
> >I
> >> >> >will
> >> >> >> > > rethink
> >> >> >> > > > >this... Lee Fred <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >> >> >> > > > >news:[email protected]...
> >> >> >> > > > >> Nothing too shocking. Now cross the state line and
"volt"
> >in
> >> >> >Iowa!
> >> >> >> > > > >>
> >> >> >> > > > >> On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 09:53:28 -0600, "Miss Violette" <[email protected]>
> >> >> >> > > > >> wrote:
> >> >> >> > > > >>
> >> >> >> > > > >> >assessing the competition??? Lee Fred <[email protected]> wrote in
> >> >> >> > > > >> >message news:[email protected]...
> >> >> >> > > > >> >> Ah, the old, why bother connecting it syndrome. I
> >helped a
> >> >> >> friend
> >> >> >> > > > >> >> RE-install her phone since they put in the plugs in
her
> >> >> >remodel
> >> >> >> > and
> >> >> >> > > > >> >> even did wire it. But did not connect the wires in
the
> >> >> >basement
> >> >> >> > to
> >> >> >> > > > >> >> anything. Does he pronounce it "goody" or is he
just
> >GOOD
> >> >> >(G)
> >> >> >> > > > >> >>
> >> >> >> > > > >> >> And how good was he?
> >> >> >> > > > >> >>
> >> >> >> > > > >> >> On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 12:13:12 GMT, "Lesanne"
> >> >> >> <[email protected]>
> >> >> >> > > > >> >> wrote:
> >> >> >> > > > >> >>
> >> >> >> > > > >> >> >Yeah, we figured it out. They put it in, but never
> >> >connected
> >> >> >> it
> >> >> >> > to
> >> >> >> > > > >> >> >anything. We did not have time to fix it, after we
> >found
> >> >it,
> >> >> >> so
> >> >> >> > he
> >> >> >> > > is
> >> >> >> > > > >> >> >coming back. This mans' name, I kid you not, is Mr
> >Goode.
> >> >> >> > Snort.
> >> >> >> > > > >> >> >
> >> >> >> > > > >> >> >"Fred" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >> >> >> > > > >> >> >news:[email protected]...
> >> >> >> > > > >> >> >> You really do live an electrifying life! (gd&r)
> >> >> >> > > > >> >> >>
> >> >> >> > > > >> >> >> So did you figure it out?
> >> >> >> > > > >> >> >> I spent the last 20 minutes using the Excel info
that
> >> >the
> >> >> >> nice
> >> >> >> > > folks
> >> >> >> > > > >> >> >> here gave me to create a spreadsheet of my WI's
since
> >> >> >> starting.
> >> >> >> > > > >> >> >> On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 00:38:21 GMT, "Lesanne"
> >> >> >> > > <[email protected]>
> >> >> >> > > > >> >> >> wrote:
> >> >> >> > > > >> >> >> >ah, sounds like a great day. The electrician and
I
> >> >> >wandered
> >> >> >> > in
> >> >> >> > > the
> >> >> >> > > > >> >attic
> >> >> >> > > > >> >> >> >most of the afternoon trying to figure out why
the
> >plug
> >> >> >near
> >> >> >> > my
> >> >> >> > > tv
> >> >> >> > > > >in
> >> >> >> > > > >> >my
> >> >> >> > > > >> >> >> >bedroom does not work.
> >> >> >> > > > >> >> >> >
> >> >> >> > > > >> >> >> >
> >> >> >> > > > >> >> >> >"Fred" <[email protected]> wrote in
>news:[email protected]...
> >> >> >> > > > >> >> >> >> I was sublimely surprised. The forecast
foretold
> >> >> >clouds
> >> >> >> > and
> >> >> >> > > > >> >showers.
> >> >> >> > > > >> >> >> >> When I opened the door it clear with a neat
> >crescent
> >> >> >moon.
> >> >> >> > > The
> >> >> >> > > > >snow
> >> >> >> > > > >> >> >> >> from last week must have been melted by the
> >> >subsequent
> >> >> >> rain.
> >> >> >> > > > >This
> >> >> >> > > > >> >> >> >> trail is very popular and when covered with
snow,
> >it
> >> >> >gets
> >> >> >> > > > >compressed
> >> >> >> > > > >> >> >> >> into ice and then the trail becomes what I
> >> >> >affectionately
> >> >> >> > call
> >> >> >> > > a
> >> >> >> > > > >> >> >> >> vertical icerink! But it was sunny and
ice-free.
> >> >Nice
> >> >> >> day.
> >> >> >> > > > >Then
> >> >> >> > > > >> >> >> >> came home and washed the car which still had
the
> >> >grime
> >> >> >> from
> >> >> >> > > the
> >> >> >> > > > >> >Sierra
> >> >> >> > > > >> >> >> >> in July and eastern Oregon in Aug plus all the
> >snow
> >> >> >grunge
> >> >> >> > > from
> >> >> >> > > > >the
> >> >> >> > > > >> >> >> >> last few months.
> >> >> >> > > > >> >> >> >>
> >> >> >> > > > >> >> >> >> I usually take a series of vitamins after heavy
> >> >exercise
> >> >> >> to
> >> >> >> > > > >> >replenish
> >> >> >> > > > >> >> >> >> the water soluable ones that got sweated away.
> >> >> >> > > > >> >> >> >> We shall see if I can hold below 160. I should
> >start
> >> >> >> using
> >> >> >> > a
> >> >> >> > > > >home
> >> >> >> > > > >> >> >> >> weight in this, ahem, competition since my
clothes
> >> >are a
> >> >> >> > > > >> >disadvantage
> >> >> >> > > > >> >> >> >> (go for it Brenda and Lee)...... But I just
sucked
> >> >down
> >> >> >> > mango,
> >> >> >> > > > >and
> >> >> >> > > > >> >> >> >> frango (g). But two hours of strenuous UP
should
> >> >have
> >> >> >> > earned
> >> >> >> > > > >some
> >> >> >> > > > >> >of
> >> >> >> > > > >> >> >> >> that food.
> >> >> >> > > > >> >> >> >> On Sat, 17 Jan 2004 15:24:47 GMT, "Lesanne"
> >> >> >> > > > ><[email protected]>
> >> >> >> > > > >> >> >> >> wrote:
> >> >> >> > > > >> >> >> >> >I eat leftovers as well. That is what the
daily
> >> >> >> > multivitamin
> >> >> >> > > is
> >> >> >> > > > >> >for
> >> >> >> > > > >> >> >:)
> >> >> >> > > > >> >> >> >> >
> >> >> >> > > > >> >> >> >> >Kudos on the exercise, I wimped out with a
mere
> >30
> >> >> >> minutes
> >> >> >> > of
> >> >> >> > > > >> >toning
> >> >> >> > > > >> >> >> >style
> >> >> >> > > > >> >> >> >> >weights and exercycle circuits.
> >> >> >> > > > >> >> >> >> >You got me this morning 157.5 here. I have
> >noticed
> >> >> >that
> >> >> >> my
> >> >> >> > > > >average
> >> >> >> > > > >> >> >has
> >> >> >> > > > >> >> >> >> >stayed right around there for 6 weeks now.
HA.
> >> >> >> > Maintenance
> >> >> >> > > > >> >success.
> >> >> >> > > > >> >> >> >> >"Fred" <[email protected]> wrote in
> >message
> >>news:[email protected]...
> >> >> >> > > > >> >> >> >> >> Sooner than I thought - this very morning on
> >the
> >> >home
> >> >> >> > > scale.