Lesanne's weigh in, and can I join RAFL late?

I resemble that remark (G)

On Thu, 22 Jan 2004 00:05:49 -0600, Joyce <[email protected]> wrote:

>LOL! I do think that may be why hub likes demolition ... mistakes are very easily hidden. <g> That
>and I tell him that it probably is every little boys dream to grow up and still be allowed to play
>in a big sandbox.
>
>Joyce
>
>On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 18:21:41 -0800, Fred <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>Demolition, accidently, is my specialty.
>>
>>On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 15:37:37 -0600, Joyce <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>>I figure that's why there are people in these professions ... they know what they're doing, they
>>>get the job done quicker and usually correctly. Of course, it helps me that my brother is an
>>>electrician ... and other family members are plumbers (really the only two fields I refuse to
>>>mess around with). If I put my thinking cap on, I realize my building connections are almost
>>>unlimited ... cousins in masonry, architecture, building homes, hubby in excavating and concrete
>>>... possibilities are endless. Not only can we put the houses up, we can tear 'em down! <G>
>>>
>>>Joyce

Ahhhhhh, I probably should have worded that differently ... grow up and be PAID to play in a big
sandbox. <G> And I bet you still resemble that remark.

Joyce

On Wed, 21 Jan 2004 22:41:16 -0800, Fred <[email protected]> wrote:

>I resemble that remark (G)
>
>On Thu, 22 Jan 2004 00:05:49 -0600, Joyce <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>LOL! I do think that may be why hub likes demolition ... mistakes are very easily hidden. <g> That
>>and I tell him that it probably is every little boys dream to grow up and still be allowed to play
>>in a big sandbox.
>>
>>Joyce
>>
>>On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 18:21:41 -0800, Fred <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>>Demolition, accidently, is my specialty.

The people who owned this house before us "finished" it themselves. There are just Jillions of
places where it is Freaky. On place has an extension cord end protruding from the brick wall.
Another place has one coming up out of the ground, so of course I mowed right over it with the lawn
mower...... Every light bulb in the house burns out twice as fast as it should.

And So On. Mr Good(e) was telling me horror stories about the other places he has worked. Said not
to feel bad ...

He has a very reasonable rate, and lets me be the "electrician's helper" rather than bringing
another billable person. All things said, not bad at all. It has been a great week that way. Getting
everything fixed. Next, I am going to Paint.

> [...]
an
> >extremely good electrical person. Able to diagnose some of the puzzle palace problems I have been
> >having here, and fix some, and tell me how we would fix the others. And totally reasonable. Did
> >not give me a
"charge"
> >in any way (oh she is bad this morning), but altogether a Good deal. I
will
> >have to save those other fantasies for men with (pant pant) hair and
knees.

> >"Fred" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >news:[email protected]...
> >> Ah, the old, why bother connecting it syndrome. I helped a friend RE-install her phone since
> >> they put in the plugs in her remodel and even did wire it. But did not connect the wires in the
> >> basement to anything. Does he pronounce it "goody" or is he just GOOD (G)

not for me thanks, I make it a practice to never do any election where I have to declare, makes my
politician parents upset but I can't justify voting where someone else can know my
party/preferences, and besides am in
S.IL and would have to go a long way to sneak into someone's livingroom, and they would probably
have brownies or cake or cookies... Maybe I will rethink this... Lee Fred
> Nothing too shocking. Now cross the state line and "volt" in Iowa!
>
> On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 09:53:28 -0600, "Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >assessing the competition??? Lee Fred <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >news:[email protected]...
> >> Ah, the old, why bother connecting it syndrome. I helped a friend RE-install her phone since
> >> they put in the plugs in her remodel and even did wire it. But did not connect the wires in the
> >> basement to anything. Does he pronounce it "goody" or is he just GOOD (G)
> >>
> >> And how good was he?

> >attic
> >my

> >showers.
This
Then
> >Sierra

> >replenish

> >disadvantage
> >of

<[email protected]>

> >for

> >toning

> >success.

And
> >and
The
> >in

> ><[email protected]>

> >too.

> >shall
> >not

food served is as good a reason as any given the current choices, Lee
Fred <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Ah, the food element enters the electorate's decision-making.
>
> Yes, our nonpartisan primary was dumped by the 9th Circuit Fed courts. Either we register for a
> party or cannot vote. The legislature is still trying to work on something including one where two
> top candidates, party affiliation notwithstanding would be on the general ballot. So that there
> could be two Democrats or two Rep's on the ballot rather than one of each. That would serve the
> parties right. I think in one or two gubernatorial primaries recently, there would have been no
> Republican candidate.
>
> On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 16:28:17 -0600, "Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >not for me thanks, I make it a practice to never do any election where I have to declare, makes
> >my politician parents upset but I can't justify voting where someone else can know my
> >party/preferences, and besides am
in
> >S.IL and would have to go a long way to sneak into someone's livingroom,
and
> >they would probably have brownies or cake or cookies... Maybe I will
rethink
> >this... Lee Fred <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >news:[email protected]...
> >> Nothing too shocking. Now cross the state line and "volt" in Iowa!

is

<[email protected]>

> >in

The
> >snow
> >This
> >compressed
> >Then
> >the

> >home
> >and
> >some

> ><[email protected]>

> >average

> >And
> >for
> >breakfast
> >repeated
> >The
> >lost

Yum

We
> >the
> >have
> >evening

Funny how these things differ... here the vote is completely and strictly
anonymous. Back when we voted on paper, any voting document that was signed
or had your name or identity on (some elderly people thought you should sign
the documents, lol) was considered invalid. Now we vote electronically and
still very anonymously.
On the other hand, we are one of the 2 only countries in the world where
voting is obligatory, and you get fined if you don't vote :)
--
Nathalie from Belgium
134.1/104.2/minigoal 99.9 Goal 68 Kg
134/1.105/212 lbs "Fred" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Ah, the food element enters the electorate's decision-making.
>
> Yes, our nonpartisan primary was dumped by the 9th Circuit Fed courts. Either we register for a
> party or cannot vote. The legislature is still trying to work on something including one where two
> top candidates, party affiliation notwithstanding would be on the general ballot. So that there
> could be two Democrats or two Rep's on the ballot rather than one of each. That would serve the
> parties right. I think in one or two gubernatorial primaries recently, there would have been no
> Republican candidate.
>
> On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 16:28:17 -0600, "Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >not for me thanks, I make it a practice to never do any election where I have to declare, makes
> >my politician parents upset but I can't justify voting where someone else can know my
> >party/preferences, and besides am
in
> >S.IL and would have to go a long way to sneak into someone's livingroom,
and
> >they would probably have brownies or cake or cookies... Maybe I will
rethink
> >this... Lee Fred <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >news:[email protected]...
> >> Nothing too shocking. Now cross the state line and "volt" in Iowa!

is

<[email protected]>

> >in

The
> >snow
> >This
> >compressed
> >Then
> >the

> >home
> >and
> >some

> ><[email protected]>

> >average

> >And

> >for
> >breakfast
> >repeated
> >The
> >lost

Yum

We
> >the
> >have
> >evening

my own personal specialty is the pseudo repair. It Seems to work, then something else doesn't after
a day or two..............

> Demolition, accidently, is my specialty.
>
> On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 15:37:37 -0600, Joyce <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >I figure that's why there are people in these professions ... they know
what
> >they're doing, they get the job done quicker and usually correctly. Of
course, it
> >helps me that my brother is an electrician ... and other family members
are
> >plumbers (really the only two fields I refuse to mess around with). If I
put my
> >thinking cap on, I realize my building connections are almost unlimited
> >cousins in masonry, architecture, building homes, hubby in excavating and
concrete
> >... possibilities are endless. Not only can we put the houses up, we can
tear 'em
> >down! <G>
> >
> >Joyce
> >
> >On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 08:52:20 -0800, Fred <[email protected]>
wrote:

> >>Sorry you electrical spark turned out to be an old dynamo. But it sounds as if you got what you
> >>paid for - electrical work! (G)
> >>
> >>I do remember when friend convinced me I did not want to do the wiring for the kitchen remodel
> >>and to hire professionals. Half day but what I did not know is that I would be charged the going
> >>RATE FOR EACH OF THE TWO OF THEM!!!! Yikes. But they were fast and good - ahem, at electricity
> >>work! (G)

kind
an
we

is

This
Then

<[email protected]>

And
The

Yum

We

it is odd that it is obligatory but while I don't agree with it I can see
why it is done, Lee
Nathalie W <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> [...]
> > there could be two Democrats or two Rep's on the ballot rather than one of each. That would
> > serve the parties right. I think in one or two gubernatorial primaries recently, there would
> > have been no Republican candidate.
> >
> > On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 16:28:17 -0600, "Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> > >not for me thanks, I make it a practice to never do any election where
> > >have to declare, makes my politician parents upset but I can't justify voting where someone
> > >else can know my party/preferences, and besides am
> in
> > >S.IL and would have to go a long way to sneak into someone's
livingroom,
> and
> > >they would probably have brownies or cake or cookies... Maybe I will
> rethink
> > >this... Lee Fred <[email protected]> wrote in message

And I guess we're the other one! I avoided two elections before I enrolled to vote. Now I get fined
if I miss even a little local government one. And yes, if you don't enrol as soon as possible after
you turn 18, and you get found out, you are up for a bigger fine.

--
Julie.
93.5/72.3/74 (WW)/72 (Personal) kg

Here's our FAQ: http://www.didian.com/asdww/ and welcome notice:
http://www.geocities.com/welcomenotice/index.html

"Nathalie W" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
berlin.de...
> [...]
> > there could be two Democrats or two Rep's on the ballot rather than one of each. That would
> > serve the parties right. I think in one or two gubernatorial primaries recently, there would
> > have been no Republican candidate.
> >
> > On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 16:28:17 -0600, "Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> > >not for me thanks, I make it a practice to never do any election where
> > >have to declare, makes my politician parents upset but I can't justify voting where someone
> > >else can know my party/preferences, and besides am
> in
> > >S.IL and would have to go a long way to sneak into someone's
livingroom,
> and
> > >they would probably have brownies or cake or cookies... Maybe I will
> rethink
> > >this... Lee Fred <[email protected]> wrote in message

It 's said to be 'more democratic' because everyone's voice will be heard. The problem is that
people who don't want to vote will will make what we call protest votes, by voting for nonsensical
or extremist parties. ( we don't vote for people but always for parties here and everyone has the
right to start a political party.)

"Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
berlin.de...
> it is odd that it is obligatory but while I don't agree with it I can see why it is done, Lee
> Nathalie W <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
> berlin.de...
> > Funny how these things differ... here the vote is completely and
strictly
> > anonymous. Back when we voted on paper, any voting document that was
> signed
> > or had your name or identity on (some elderly people thought you should
> sign
> > the documents, lol) was considered invalid. Now we vote electronically
and
> > still very anonymously. On the other hand, we are one of the 2 only countries in the world where
> > voting is obligatory, and you get fined if you don't vote :)
> > --
> > Nathalie from Belgium
> > 134.1/104.2/minigoal 99.9 Goal 68 Kg
> > 295.6/229.7/minigoal 220.3/Goal 150 pounds RAFL 105.3/104.3/96 Kg
> > 232/229.7/212 lbs "Fred" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> > > Ah, the food element enters the electorate's decision-making.
> > >
> > > Yes, our nonpartisan primary was dumped by the 9th Circuit Fed courts. Either we register for
> > > a party or cannot vote. The legislature is still trying to work on something including one
> > > where two top candidates, party affiliation notwithstanding would be on the general ballot. So
> > > that there could be two Democrats or two Rep's on the ballot rather than one of each. That
> > > would serve the parties right. I think in one or two gubernatorial primaries recently, there
> > > would have been no Republican candidate.

> > in
> livingroom,
> > and
> > rethink

> and

<[email protected]>

> he
> > is
> Snort.

> > folks

> > <[email protected]>

> in
> > the
> my
> > tv

> and
> > The
> call
> > the
> > from

> mango,
> earned

> multivitamin
> > is

> of

> Maintenance

> > scale.
> Aiming

> night.
> > are

> > Yum

> > We
> sweetpotatoes

We don't even get enrolled :) As soon as you ' re 18 and there are elections you get an invitation
to vote, and you go. You can avoid it when you have ' a good excuse' : a trip abroad ( but you have
to show the airline tickets), illness, ...

"JulieB" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
berlin.de...
> [...]
> > --
> > Nathalie from Belgium
> > 134.1/104.2/minigoal 99.9 Goal 68 Kg
> > 295.6/229.7/minigoal 220.3/Goal 150 pounds RAFL 105.3/104.3/96 Kg
> > 232/229.7/212 lbs "Fred" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> > > Ah, the food element enters the electorate's decision-making.
> > >
> > > Yes, our nonpartisan primary was dumped by the 9th Circuit Fed courts. Either we register for
> > > a party or cannot vote. The legislature is still trying to work on something including one
> > > where two top candidates, party affiliation notwithstanding would be on the general ballot. So
> > > that there could be two Democrats or two Rep's on the ballot rather than one of each. That
> > > would serve the parties right. I think in one or two gubernatorial primaries recently, there
> > > would have been no Republican candidate.

The state that has the best answer here in the states is Nevada, their
ballots carry "none of the above" as a choice, Lee
> [...]
> strictly
> > > anonymous. Back when we voted on paper, any voting document that was
> > signed
> > > or had your name or identity on (some elderly people thought you
should
> > sign
> > > the documents, lol) was considered invalid. Now we vote electronically
> and
> > > still very anonymously. On the other hand, we are one of the 2 only countries in the world
where
> > > voting is obligatory, and you get fined if you don't vote :)
> > > --
> > > Nathalie from Belgium
> > > 134.1/104.2/minigoal 99.9 Goal 68 Kg
> > > 295.6/229.7/minigoal 220.3/Goal 150 pounds RAFL 105.3/104.3/96 Kg
> > > 232/229.7/212 lbs "Fred" <[email protected]> wrote in message

Very good points, Lee! I have daughters also, and you are right - they did not have to register for
the military, definitely a double standard. And I did totally forget about the cigarettes being
legal at 18. This must be another one of those areas where our age difference comes into play ... I
could drink beer and wine legally when I was 19. <G> The laws were changed a short time after
though, as I remember my younger brother was legal for a bit - then had it taken away. The thing I
remember though, is that by it being legalized - drinking was no longer as enticing as when we
thought we were getting away with something. <G>

I still want to see a *none of the above* choice in IL. LOL

Joyce

On Tue, 20 Jan 2004 17:54:57 -0600, "Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote:

>OK you asked for it. I think it is hideous that we live in a society that differentiates between
>men and women in registering, should be both or neither. As to the adult status, I think it would
>probably benefit us if all of these things along with cigarettes and driving were all at the same
>age. I think had I been able to drink when first voting I might have made better choices, Lee Joyce
><[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
>> Ya know, I have been asking for that choice for years ... IL seems to not understand. I am glad
>> to hear that there is somewhere in the world that
>thinks
>> like I do. <g>
>>
>> And you don't want to get me started on our governments *thinking*. At 18
>our
>> sons and daughters are considered legal adults. Encouraged and allowed
>to vote
>> towards making decisions as to how they would like to see our government
>run, yet
>> most pay next to nothing in taxes that these decisions affect. At 18 our
>sons are
>> required to register with the armed forces, can be sent off to war, and
>offer
>> their lives to serve their country. Yet ... (you knew this was coming)
>... at the
>> same age they are considered too immature to be allowed to have an
>alcoholic
>> beverage. I know my thinking may be backwards - but I often feel I am
>missing
>> something in all of this.
>>
>> Joyce
>>
>> On Tue, 20 Jan 2004 00:49:28 -0600, "Miss Violette"
><[email protected]>
>> wrote:
>>
>> >The state that has the best answer here in the states is Nevada, their ballots carry "none of
>> >the above" as a choice, Lee Nathalie W <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
> [...]

I don't remember if you ever said how old you were, but sounds like you might be my brothers age (he
is 45) ... he had that same *now you're legal - now you're not* stuff to go through.

LOL!!! I never thought about the possibility of someone running under the name of none - what a
hoot. Heck, I'd vote for them anyway - gotta love someone with a sense of humor.

Joyce

On Sat, 24 Jan 2004 05:54:20 -0600, "Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote:

> [...]

> >to vote
> >> towards making decisions as to how they would like to see our
government
> >run, yet
> >> most pay next to nothing in taxes that these decisions affect. At 18
our
> >sons are
> >> required to register with the armed forces, can be sent off to war, and
> >offer
> >> their lives to serve their country. Yet ... (you knew this was coming)
> >... at the
> >> same age they are considered too immature to be allowed to have an
> >alcoholic
> >> beverage. I know my thinking may be backwards - but I often feel I am
> >missing
> >> something in all of this.
> >>
> >> Joyce
> >>
> >> On Tue, 20 Jan 2004 00:49:28 -0600, "Miss Violette"

will be 45 in July, I would vote for them as we could use some humor around
our politics, we have had enough evil and puppets, Lee