Lidl alert.....

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Dave, Apr 25, 2003.

  1. Dave

    Dave Guest

    Just got back from local Lidl with arms full..... All in one bike pannier set .....£5.99 tool kit in
    seatpost saddlebag...£4.49 tool kit in nifty little toolbox......£2.99

    Felt like a bargain at the time but on getting home and inspecting it all, suspect that I've got
    what I've paid for...still, pannier set appears passable if you don't need a highly technical set
    that clips in/out etc.... They'd also got some 'quite nice' cycling tops, ladies cycling shorts,
    i.e. lycra ;-) and cycling socks ?!!?...they had the word bike on 'em and some kind of padding on
    the sole, so *must* be for cycling ;-) Anyway, as ever, possibly worth a look if you're
    passing... Dave.

    Tags:

  2. Tim Steele

    Tim Steele Guest

    Is this the stuff they had in weeks ago?

    Tim

  3. Dennis

    Dennis Guest

  4. Call Me Bob

    Call Me Bob Guest

    On Fri, 25 Apr 2003 14:34:58 +0100, "Tim Steele" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Is this the stuff they had in weeks ago?

    Yes.

    Bob

  5. Dave

    Dave Guest

    "Call me Bob" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > On Fri, 25 Apr 2003 14:34:58 +0100, "Tim Steele" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >Is this the stuff they had in weeks ago?
    >
    > Yes.
    >

    > Bob
    > --
    > Mail address is spam trapped To reply by email remove the beverage

    oh.....still, this is in Walsall, unhealthy scutter centre of the country...it'll probably all be
    there for weeks to come in that case, if anyone's interested.... Dave.
    :)

  6. Call Me Bob

    Call Me Bob Guest

    On Fri, 25 Apr 2003 22:07:51 +0100, "Dave" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >oh.....still, this is in Walsall, unhealthy scutter centre of the country...it'll probably all be
    >there for weeks to come in that case, if anyone's interested....

    I've been surprised at how long some of it lasted in my local branch. In the past almost all of the
    cycling specials they've done sold out in the first day or two, but this time quite a lot lingered
    for a fair while.

    They still have friendly blue hippo squeakies available for 99p if any one wants one.... go on, you
    know you do.....

    Bob

  7. "Call me Bob" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > On Fri, 25 Apr 2003 22:07:51 +0100, "Dave" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >oh.....still, this is in Walsall, unhealthy scutter centre of the country...it'll probably all be
    > >there for weeks to come in that case, if anyone's interested....
    >
    > I've been surprised at how long some of it lasted in my local branch. In the past almost all of
    > the cycling specials they've done sold out in the first day or two, but this time quite a lot
    > lingered for a fair while.
    >
    > They still have friendly blue hippo squeakies available for 99p if any one wants one.... go on,
    > you know you do.....

    Hope they last longer than my Dennis the Menace one did!

    F A