Load carrying chinese style

"David Martin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/graphics/2006/04/24/daypix/060424_china2.jpg

impressive looking; OTOH it looks like the chap is hauling scrap polystyrene
and paper (perhaps for recycling?) which isn't all *that* heavy a load.
Still a Good Thing though.

Incidentally anyone got any weblinks to designs for building your own
trailers etc?

Alex

--
Mr R@T / General Lighting
Ipswich, Suffolk, Untied Kingdom

Mr R@t (2.30 zulu-india) wrote:
> "David Martin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
> > http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/graphics/2006/04/24/daypix/060424_china2.jpg

> impressive looking; OTOH it looks like the chap is hauling scrap polystyrene
> and paper (perhaps for recycling?) which isn't all *that* heavy a load.
> Still a Good Thing though.
>
> Incidentally anyone got any weblinks to designs for building your own
> trailers etc?

Wobbly John has some - xntrick cycles or similar.
And there is my project
http://www.compbio.dundee.ac.uk/~dmamartin/trailer/trailer.html

...d

Mr R@t (2.30 zulu-india) wrote:
> "David Martin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
>> http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/graphics/2006/04/24/daypix/060424_china2.jpg

> impressive looking; OTOH it looks like the chap is hauling scrap
> polystyrene and paper (perhaps for recycling?) which isn't all *that*
> heavy a load. Still a Good Thing though.

On a still day, it's not that hard. If it's blustery...

> Incidentally anyone got any weblinks to designs for building your own
> trailers etc?

David Martin describe building his in some detail here. I think it only
takes a single bed, though, so it may not be big enough fo the above uses.
--
Ambrose

Ambrose Nankivell wrote:
> Mr R@t (2.30 zulu-india) wrote:
>> "David Martin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...
>>
>>> http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/graphics/2006/04/24/daypix/060424_china2.jpg
>>>

>> impressive looking; OTOH it looks like the chap is hauling scrap
>> polystyrene and paper (perhaps for recycling?) which isn't all *that*
>> heavy a load. Still a Good Thing though.

> On a still day, it's not that hard. If it's blustery...

Should be OK, you've no idea how heavy such a threewheeler is ;)
--
---
Marten Gerritsen

INFOapestaartjeM-GINEERINGpuntNL
www.m-gineering.nl

"Mr R@t (2.30 zulu-india)" <[email protected]> wrote

> impressive looking; OTOH it looks like the chap is hauling scrap
> polystyrene and paper (perhaps for recycling?) which isn't all *that*
> heavy a load.

I did something similar but less extreme with scrap cardboard and plastic
bottles for recycling the other day.
Unfortunately having loaded the bike higher than my head and about four feet
wide I couldn't then get it through the back gate and onto the road so it
all had to come off again and be reloaded. Bah!