London to Southend

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Msa

I rode the charity ride a few years ago but can't remember the route.

I fancy a trip down to the coast and back next weekend, but through the villages, not on the dreaded
A13 or A127.

Can anyone remember, or recommend a good route?

Scooby's gone.
--
Mark

In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] says...
> I rode the charity ride a few years ago but can't remember the route.
>
> I fancy a trip down to the coast and back next weekend, but through the villages, not on the
> dreaded A13 or A127.

It'll be difficult to avoid either altogether (whereabouts in the smoke will you be coming from (?),
but I would imagine C2C are pretty good with bikes these days) IMO, but how about...

Upminster -> North Ockendon -> Bulphan -> Westley Heights -> Basildon -> Wickford -> Rayleigh ->
Eastwood -> Leigh etc. sound

(or possibly Basildon -> Pitsea -> South Benfleet / Thundersley -> Hadleigh -> drop down to Leigh
station and then along the front...

(Mind the XR3i's though ;) )

--
Stephan Bird MChem(Hons) AMRSC [email protected]

> (Mind the XR3i's though ;) )
>

> --
> Stephan Bird MChem(Hons) AMRSC [email protected]

Funny you say that...

I was coming home around 1am this morning on the A127 from Billericay. I was travelling around 70mph
in the NS lane when I was overtaken by a R5 Turbo. It was about 1" off the ground and there was a
dustbin coming out from the back bumper, trying to look like an exhaust pipe. As it thundered past
at around the ton, all I could see was the two bright TV screens in the back of the front headrests
as it disappeared into the distance.

Bloody fool I said to my girlfriend....keeping the jealousy to myself! Bit different to my days of
jacking the back up, cutting a coil from the front springs and gluing some fur around the dash.
Bloody kids, don't know how lucky they are!

I notice the first post has turned up now, one day I'll get to grips with my servers quirks!

--
Mark (Doing his impression of Victor Meldrew!)

Status
Not open for further replies.