long chainstay mtb

Softly Softly C

Guest
hey guys and gals.

Is there any particular make of bike with long chainstays so people with relatively big feet can use
panniers comfortably? It must however be a mountain bike rather than a hybrid or specific commuter
bike. Appreciate any help.

cheers

>hey guys and gals.
>
>Is there any particular make of bike with long chainstays so people with relatively big feet can
>use panniers comfortably? It must however be a mountain bike rather than a hybrid or specific
>commuter bike. Appreciate any help.
>
>cheers

Not any more. But pretty much any frame from before 1987 or so would have geometry like that. Poke
around ebay and you might get lucky.

I know you say you're looking for a proper MTB, but you might be best off taking a look at either a
Bruce Gordon BLT (available with 26" wheels) or a Rivendell Atlantis (ditto).

Cheers,

-Andrew

Softly Softly Catchy Monkey wrote:
> hey guys and gals.
>
> Is there any particular make of bike with long chainstays so people with relatively big feet can
> use panniers comfortably? It must however be a mountain bike rather than a hybrid or specific
> commuter bike. Appreciate any help.

Not unless you have one custom made or expand your horizon to include hybrids, commuters, or touring
bikes. Like Andrew said, you can find some earlier frames that had longer chainstays. Let me add a
bike from REI which is set up for touring. Their Novara Safari is marked down to $670 now, but I see
they only have 13" models available online. You can wait for the 2004 models to come out if you
can't find a 2003 in a larger size (I assume a 13" frame will be too small if you have relatively
big feet). You can also switch out to a suspension fork if that's why you want a MTB.

http://tinyurl.com/ie19

will do. thanks for your help. cheers

news:[email protected]...