General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Long walk

Started by Chris Hill · · Last activity · 29 posts · 745 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
17 January 2006
Last activity
11 February 2006
Original author
Chris Hill
Posts
29
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
745
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 21–29 of 29
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. In message <[email hidden]>, Adrian Godwin
    <[email hidden]> writes

    Quoted message said:
    Chris Hill said:

    In message <[email hidden]>, Adrian Godwin
    <[email hidden]> writes

    Quoted message said:


    I think I'd take about 8.5 hours under challenge-walk conditions (i.e.
    pushing my pace, short stops), but it might be pleasant to have a short
    break and some contingency, so I'd try to allow 9.

    That's not too bad. If you'd said 12, I would have been worried.

    Well, the main reason I don't go faster is that keeping the speed
    down avoids blisters. So one plan would be to go a bit faster and
    dump me in Combs if I'm hobbling.

    Where The Beehive pub just happens to be located? Good plan!

    Quoted message said:

    Also, the last stretch looks as
    though it could be done even if the light's going.

    Once you come down of Elnor Lane into Combs it's pretty much road all
    the way, apart from one short stretch around the Whitehall Centre.
    --
    Chris Hill

  2. Chris Hill said:


    Where The Beehive pub just happens to be located? Good plan!

    Nice thought, but I do have a 3 hour drive home afterwards.
    OTOH, it's a saturday ...

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Also, the last stretch looks as
    though it could be done even if the light's going.

    Once you come down of Elnor Lane into Combs it's pretty much road all
    the way, apart from one short stretch around the Whitehall Centre.

    OK, I'll bring a torch.

    -adrian

  3. In message <[email hidden]>, Chris Hill
    <[email hidden]> writes

    Quoted message said:

    In message <[email hidden]>, Mark
    Thompson <[email hidden]> writes

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    It'll be a Saturday - how's that?

    Marvellous. Can't do this Saturday,

    Me neither.

    Quoted message said:

    but am free for all others.

    OK - watch this space.

    Haven't forgotten about this - was waiting to buy new trainers first.

    To you, Adrian Godwin, and anyone else who's interested;

    how does Saturday 18th sound?
    --
    Chris Hill

  4. Chris Hill said:


    Haven't forgotten about this - was waiting to buy new trainers first.

    To you, Adrian Godwin, and anyone else who's interested;

    how does Saturday 18th sound?

    Yes, think I can do that.

    -adrian

  5. Quoted message said:

    how does Saturday 18th sound?

    Yep, perfic.

  6. In message <[email hidden]>, Mark
    Thompson <[email hidden]> writes

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    how does Saturday 18th sound?

    Yep, perfic.

    OK good!

    There are numerous P+D car parks in Buxton, but not all of them allow
    all-day parking. I therefore suggest we use the one near the Southern
    Fried Chicken shop at approximate grid location 063737 - White Peak map
    (under a railway viaduct). It costs 3.50 to park all day.

    As to start time, I'd prefer an early one as it is a long way. Would
    anyone object to 8am?

    I'll email my mobile number for use in case of problems.
    --
    Chris Hill

  7. Chris Hill said:


    There are numerous P+D car parks in Buxton, but not all of them allow
    all-day parking. I therefore suggest we use the one near the Southern
    Fried Chicken shop at approximate grid location 063737 - White Peak map
    (under a railway viaduct). It costs 3.50 to park all day.

    3.50 ! Does that include the fried chicken ?

    Quoted message said:


    As to start time, I'd prefer an early one as it is a long way. Would
    anyone object to 8am?

    Only the neighbours when I leave at 5 <cringe>.

    -adrian

  8. In message <[email hidden]>, Adrian Godwin
    <[email hidden]> writes

    Quoted message said:
    Chris Hill said:


    There are numerous P+D car parks in Buxton, but not all of them allow
    all-day parking. I therefore suggest we use the one near the Southern
    Fried Chicken shop at approximate grid location 063737 - White Peak map
    (under a railway viaduct). It costs 3.50 to park all day.

    3.50 ! Does that include the fried chicken ?

    You think 3.50 is expensive? For a whole day's parking? Jeez...

    --
    Chris Hill

  9. Chris Hill said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:


    There are numerous P+D car parks in Buxton, but not all of them allow
    all-day parking. I therefore suggest we use the one near the Southern
    Fried Chicken shop at approximate grid location 063737 - White Peak map
    (under a railway viaduct). It costs 3.50 to park all day.

    3.50 ! Does that include the fried chicken ?

    You think 3.50 is expensive? For a whole day's parking? Jeez...

    :-)

    I'm used to parking for free ! But I do tend to avoid town centres -
    it's probably pretty good for a tourist spot.

    -adrian

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.