Looking for a great bike mechanic who is a good writer, any ideas?

Born2bWild

Sep 13, 2010
Need some input... looking for a Mechanic to create content for a site I work with. Could also use some suggestions to Bike Mechanic blogs. More details if I find the right fit.

Tell me a little more and I'll let you know if I am interested. You can PM me if you feel your information is privileged.

[COLOR= #0000ff]Hi, Wild![/COLOR]

[COLOR= #0000ff]I'm a great writer, but I know NOTHING about bikes, so I'm probably not qualified, lol. Nevertheless, that -- my knowing nothing -- is the reason for my reply. As a 59-year-old woman whose only previous experience with bikes was a single-speed cruiser in the '60s but who is now trying to get INTO biking, I and others like me could use blogs of all kinds that are less technical than many of them here. A lot of the information may as well be Greek! I spend 1/4 of the time reading the answer to a question, and the other 3/4 looking up links to terms, trying to figure out what the heck the responder said. Many of the sweet guys here try to dumb it down for me, but before they realize it are rattling on about gear ratios and bike geometry and pedaling splints and clipless pedals -- which evidently HAVE clips, or at least cleats, whereas clip pedals don't have clips??? It gets very confusing, lol, to old-timer new bikers like me. We're very willing to learn; but we need someone to start with basic addition and subtraction, and they're speaking algebra -- or physics!![/COLOR]

[COLOR= #0000ff]The thing is... There are a LOT of us out there, female baby boomers who are getting old and need non-weight-bearing exercises, whose doctors are urging them to get into biking... and there's not a lot of easy-to-understand information. Maybe we need Biking for Dummies, lol. At any rate, I hope you'll keep us in mind for your site. Mechanics can be scary things to us! /img/vbsmilies/smilies/eek.gif[/COLOR]

[COLOR= #0000ff]Thanks![/COLOR]

[COLOR= #0000ff]Sierra[/COLOR]

Originally Posted by SierraSlim .
[COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 255)]It gets very confusing, lol, to old-timer new bikers like me. We're very willing to learn; but we need someone to start with basic addition and subtraction, and they're speaking algebra -- or physics!![/COLOR]
its not algebra or physics, that's why the forum has so many sub-forums. You come to this one, the equipment forum, because you expect knowledgeable answers from experienced cyclists and/or bike mechanics.