looking for a Redline Single speed & info..

Jen

Guest
Does anyone know who is selling the Redline Flight Single speed U6 Alloy bike via online? also does
anyone have info on this bike is it any good?

Jen wrote:
> Does anyone know who is selling the Redline Flight Single speed U6 Alloy bike via online? also
> does anyone have info on this bike is it any good?

I rode Redline Aluminum frame 24" in BMX, and had some trouble with frame flex, seems when you
torque really hard (using profile cranks) the frame would flex pretty bad at the bottom bracket, bad
enough to throw the chain alignment off and make the chain drop, considering that this happens only
when REALLY pushing on the pedals, the results are catastrophic. I bought a Standard Chromoly frame
and had no more problems. Standard makes a very good frame, I don't know if they are in the 26"
business. I now ride a Santa Cruz Chameleon, which I have had no trouble with, it is an aluminum
frame with horizontal dropouts, and the chainstays are pretty well overbuilt, I would expect if it
doesn't crack, I will have no problems. Jerry

"Jerry Everetts" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Jen wrote:
> > Does anyone know who is selling the Redline Flight Single speed U6 Alloy bike via online? also
> > does anyone have info on this bike is it any good?
> >

> I rode Redline Aluminum frame 24" in BMX, and had some trouble with frame flex, seems when you
> torque really hard (using profile cranks) the frame would flex pretty bad at the bottom bracket,
> bad enough to throw the chain alignment off and make the chain drop, considering that this happens
> only when REALLY pushing on the pedals, the results are catastrophic. I bought a Standard Chromoly
> frame and had no more problems. Standard makes a very good frame, I don't know if they are in the
> 26" business. I now ride a Santa Cruz Chameleon, which I have had no trouble with, it is an
> aluminum frame with horizontal dropouts, and the chainstays are pretty well overbuilt, I would
> expect if it doesn't crack, I will have no problems. Jerry

Screw all that, get a Bianchi SASS! :)

- CA-G

Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

Jerry Everetts wrote:
> Jen wrote:
>
>> Does anyone know who is selling the Redline Flight Single speed U6 Alloy bike via online? also
>> does anyone have info on this bike is it any good?
>>

> I rode Redline Aluminum frame 24" in BMX, and had some trouble with frame flex, seems when you
> torque really hard (using profile cranks) the frame would flex pretty bad at the bottom bracket,
> bad enough to throw the chain alignment off and make the chain drop, considering that this happens
> only when REALLY pushing on the pedals, the results are catastrophic. I bought a Standard Chromoly
> frame and had no more problems. Standard makes a very good frame, I don't know if they are in the
> 26" business.

Can't go wrong with a Standard (I have an STA), but they don't make 26".

I now ride a Santa Cruz Chameleon, which I have had no
> trouble with, it is an aluminum frame with horizontal dropouts, and the chainstays are pretty well
> overbuilt, I would expect if it doesn't crack, I will have no problems.

The Chameleon now comes with vertical drop outs.