Looking for an excellent high pressure floor pump

kristiancyclist

Dec 13, 2005
Hi there,

I am looking for an excellent high pressure floor pump that will get my tires up around 145 PSI. Can anyone offer a recommendation? I would like to stay away from the schraeder/presta nozzle combos since I only use presta valves on my road bike.

My current pump (made by Wrenchforce) leaks air from the nozzle and cannot inflate a flat tire. I must start the inflation with my minipump to get some pressure in the tube before using the floor pump. It has the schraeder/presta combo nozzle.

Many thanks! :)

-- Boris

finally replaced my original silca track pump the other week after 15 years service with another silca. only ever replaced the rubber grommit in the head and the leather plunger (twice) thinking 15 years is pretty good for a tool thats used almost every day

I dont know about yor area but we have about 8 makes to coose from,all looked decent ,
I choose a Rav X,DUEL PESTA AND SHRADER option and it works a charm,And it was the most reasnably priced it was about R200,thats about 26 dollars.
this little demon will pop your tubes if you want to test its max.

when eddy ruled said:
finally replaced my original silca track pump the other week after 15 years service with another silca. only ever replaced the rubber grommit in the head and the leather plunger (twice) thinking 15 years is pretty good for a tool thats used almost every day

Second on the Silicas. I just rebuilt one that I inherited from my father. The replacement parts are easy to find and are very affordable.

kristiancyclist said:
Hi there,

I am looking for an excellent high pressure floor pump that will get my tires up around 145 PSI. Can anyone offer a recommendation? I would like to stay away from the schraeder/presta nozzle combos since I only use presta valves on my road bike.

My current pump (made by Wrenchforce) leaks air from the nozzle and cannot inflate a flat tire. I must start the inflation with my minipump to get some pressure in the tube before using the floor pump. It has the schraeder/presta combo nozzle.

Many thanks! :)

-- Boris

A third vote for the Silca. There are other pumps that are a bit slicker with their two-way heads and gauge in the handle, but my Silca is near 20 years old and I have replaced the plunger washer and head grommet but it still works well. It also can handle the pressure range you are talking about without difficulty.

I like my Topeak Joe Blow pump. I've only had it for 3 years, but works well and can max at 160psi if that meets your needs.

I have been racing track for 36 years and have used many brands (borrowed from others when I forgot my SILCA). I can't recommend anything except the SILCA as a result. They'll even handle the high pressures required for track tubulars (240psi/16.5bar), which many of the other brands don't. I also echo the comments of others about the ease of finding spare parts.

The Serfas FMP-500 goes up to 260 psi, has fittings for basketball type inlets and beachball type inlets, steel-braided hose, large base, retails for about $45, and has a lifetime warranty. I have used mine for about 2 years now and not much has changed in the way it was designed. Id say its one of the best. Last one youll have to buy