Looking for compact crankset in 165mm

Duc Loi

Guest
Who makes them? Only one I found at Harris bike was a Bulletproof BMX
crankset.

thanks

Duc Loi wrote:
> Who makes them? Only one I found at Harris bike was a Bulletproof BMX
> crankset.

Sugino XD cranks (XD300 and/or XD600) come in 165mm lengths. Get one,
ditch the inner chainring, and replace the middle and outer chainrings
with whatever size you like. As they use 110mm BC chainrings, you can
go as low as 34 tooth for the second chainring. Either can be found at
Aebike or Harris Cyclery, or probably order from your friendly LBS. I
just converted an ancestor of this crank on a mid-80's bike from being
a 52/42 to a 50/34 for my wife and am very happpy with the result.

Later,
Mark Muller

I'll second the XD. They come in a wide range of sizes--I have an
XD/n00 on my bike with 48-36-26 rings and 175mm arms, and found one for
my 11-yo son's bike in 46-36-26, 165mm arms. It's nice to get a good
fit...

[email protected] wrote:
> Duc Loi wrote:
>
>>Who makes them? Only one I found at Harris bike was a Bulletproof BMX
>>crankset.
>>

> Sugino XD cranks (XD300 and/or XD600) come in 165mm lengths. Get one,
> ditch the inner chainring, and replace the middle and outer chainrings
> with whatever size you like. As they use 110mm BC chainrings, you can
> go as low as 34 tooth for the second chainring. Either can be found at
> Aebike or Harris Cyclery, or probably order from your friendly LBS. I
> just converted an ancestor of this crank on a mid-80's bike from being
> a 52/42 to a 50/34 for my wife and am very happpy with the result.
>
> Later,
> Mark Muller

Thanks for the suggestion. If I go with the triple crank but with just
two chainrings, do I need to get a shorter bb spindle?

SJS Cycles has their own 110BCD Thorn brand in lengths down to 140mm. TA
also make 110BCD cranks in a good variety of lengths.

Nick

news:[email protected]...