Lose 15 lbs FAST

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Jd, Mar 21, 2003.

  1. Jd

    Jd Guest

    Get the stomach virus I've had the last couple of days and you can too. I never indicated it would
    be pleasant...

    JD 15 lbs lighter

    Tags:

  2. Darsh

    Darsh Guest

    > Get the stomach virus I've had the last couple of days and you can too. I never indicated it would
    > be pleasant...
    >
    > JD 15 lbs lighter

    Damn JD. The only thing good about a stomach virus, is getting over it.

    I most pain I was ever in I think, was from some sort of stomach thing. Had me on the bathroom floor
    for 16 hours. I would have called 911, but I could not get up.

    I resigned myself to death and felt a painful peace I have never felt before. I still wonder what I
    learned from that experience.

    What is it? Feed a cold, starve a flu, and ride a virus? hehe

    darsh

  3. L Hays

    L Hays Guest

    > Get the stomach virus I've had the last couple of days and you can too. I never indicated it would
    > be pleasant...
    >
    > JD 15 lbs lighter

    I thought you were going to say you cut your hair.

    My enlistment in the guard ends this month so I can finally grow some of mine back.

    Who knows though, old habits die hard.

    :^)

    Lance

  4. Penny S.

    Penny S. Guest

    Darsh wrote:
    >> Get the stomach virus I've had the last couple of days and you can too. I never indicated it
    >> would be pleasant...
    >>
    >> JD 15 lbs lighter
    >
    > Damn JD. The only thing good about a stomach virus, is getting over
    > it.
    >
    > I most pain I was ever in I think, was from some sort of stomach thing. Had me on the bathroom
    > floor for 16 hours. I would have called 911, but I could not get up.
    >
    > I resigned myself to death and felt a painful peace I have never felt before. I still wonder what
    > I learned from that experience.
    >
    > What is it? Feed a cold, starve a flu, and ride a virus? hehe
    >
    > darsh

    keep immodium in the cupboard.

    penny

  5. Bomba

    Bomba Guest

    Darsh wrote:

    > I resigned myself to death and felt a painful peace I have never felt before. I still wonder what
    > I learned from that experience.
    >
    > What is it? Feed a cold, starve a flu, and ride a virus? hehe

    I caught some bug / food poisoning in Tunisia. I've never been so ill. There I was, trying to sell
    the girls in my group for camels, but then I just ended up doubled over with stomach cramps and
    other 'unpleasantness'. Harsh, but I finished my studies.

    We got home, turns out our party (~75) ended up with an e-coli variant and most of them ended up
    in hospital.

  6. JD wrote:
    > Get the stomach virus I've had the last couple of days and you can too. I never indicated it would
    > be pleasant...

    did that 1 (or was it 2?) years ago. strep throat, couldn't eat or drink for 3 days almost ended up
    inthe hospital

    > JD 15 lbs lighter

    but can you keep it of?-)

  7. Bomba

    Bomba Guest

    Penny S. wrote:

    > keep immodium in the cupboard.

    As per my other story in this thred, re: Tunisia, one of my mates 'overdosed' on Immodium. He'd been
    taking it solidly for a month after our trip and had constant diarrhea. The Immodium had totally
    ruined the lining of his stomach and if he'd continued to take it, his stomach would have ruptured
    within a week.

  8. Combfilter

    Combfilter Guest

    > Get the stomach virus I've had the last couple of days and you can too. I never indicated it would
    > be pleasant...
    >
    > JD 15 lbs lighter

    haha I only lost 5lbs when i had that shit.. basically had shooting liquid out both ends, it was not
    fun. I thought it was food poisoning at first, but realized it was that. Of course it hit me on a
    friday and ruined my weekend of riding.

    -comb

  9. Klydesdale

    Klydesdale Guest

    > Penny S. wrote:
    >
    > > keep immodium in the cupboard.
    >
    > As per my other story in this thred, re: Tunisia, one of my mates 'overdosed' on Immodium. He'd
    > been taking it solidly for a month after our trip and had constant diarrhea. The Immodium had
    > totally ruined the lining of his stomach and if he'd continued to take it, his stomach would have
    > ruptured within a week.

    A month?!! Geez, the instructions say to stop use and consult a doctor if the symptoms get worse or
    the diarrhea lasts for more than two days.

  10. Jd

    Jd Guest

    "Darsh" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<O4Oea.167[email protected]>...
    > > Get the stomach virus I've had the last couple of days and you can too. I never indicated it
    > > would be pleasant...
    > >
    > > JD 15 lbs lighter
    >
    > Damn JD. The only thing good about a stomach virus, is getting over it.
    >
    > I most pain I was ever in I think, was from some sort of stomach thing. Had me on the bathroom
    > floor for 16 hours. I would have called 911, but I could not get up.
    >
    > I resigned myself to death and felt a painful peace I have never felt before. I still wonder what
    > I learned from that experience.
    >
    > What is it? Feed a cold, starve a flu, and ride a virus? hehe

    Whatever it is, it sucks getting there. Thanks Darshman and good on ya in your recent health victory
    as well. It makes my shit seem weak by comparison.

    JD

  11. Bill Porter

    Bill Porter Guest

    On 21 Mar 2003 16:14:13 -0800, [email protected] (JD) wrote:

    >Get the stomach virus I've had the last couple of days and you can too. I never indicated it would
    >be pleasant...
    >
    >JD 15 lbs lighter

    If your not back out yet, I hope you get back on the trails soon. Unfortunately I know you feeling
    from a few years ago. I was glad my toilet was right next to the tub as I was usually unsure which
    end should be pointed at what.

    Bill Porter www.mountainbikebill.com

  12. Sorni

    Sorni Guest

    "Bill Porter" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > On 21 Mar 2003 16:14:13 -0800, [email protected] (JD) wrote:
    >
    > >Get the stomach virus I've had the last couple of days and you can too. I never indicated it
    > >would be pleasant...
    > >
    > >JD 15 lbs lighter
    >
    > If your not back out yet, I hope you get back on the trails soon.
    Unfortunately
    > I know you feeling from a few years ago. I was glad my toilet was right
    next to
    > the tub as I was usually unsure which end should be pointed at what.

    Note to self: never accept offer to bathe at Porter's place.

    Bill "toilet always receptacle of choice in such situations" S.

  13. Jd

    Jd Guest

    [email protected] (Stephen Baker) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > JD says:
    >
    > > It makes my shit seem weak by comparison.
    >
    > Pun intended, I hope ;-)

    Yes, it was.

    JD

  14. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    JD <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Get the stomach virus I've had the last couple of days and you can too. I never indicated it would
    > be pleasant...
    >
    > JD 15 lbs lighter

    Dammnit Jock - I thunk ya were gonna say 'Ditch the DH bitch and get an SS'.........

    Shaun aRe