LOST: Brisbane Corso - yesterday morning...

huthy

Nov 21, 2006
Hi Guys,

A mate of mine was on his morning ride yesterday (the Brisbane River Loop) and he had an accident on the Brisbane Corso (near the Somerville House Rowing Clubhouse).

He had to be taken away in an ambulance, and consequently his pride and joy was left on the side of the road. By the time his wife got there it was gone.

We are hoping that someone has taken it for safe keeping, and we are now trying to locate it.

It is a:

Full Carbon EPX-303 Frame (Silver and White)
Black Spinergy Wheels with White Spokes
SRAM Rival Groupset

I would suspect it will be damaged, but don't know to what extent.

If anyone knows anything about it, please let me know via PM. The poor guy is still in hospital and I would love to be able to recover it before he gets home.

Thanks,

Chris

BTW - Hope this is the right place on the forum to post this....

Bummer, every time I have had a ride in an ambulance my bike either went with me or they made sure someone looked after it.

Good luck.

62vette said:
Bummer, every time I have had a ride in an ambulance my bike either went with me or they made sure someone looked after it.

Good luck.
He tried, but the Ambos wouldn't let it ride with him. They did "put a note on it"....

Unfortunately he was not really in a position to argue at the time.

I can confirm it occurred between 6.30 and 7.00am yesterday morning.

huthy said:
He tried, but the Ambos wouldn't let it ride with him. They did "put a note on it"....

Unfortunately he was not really in a position to argue at the time.

I can confirm it occurred between 6.30 and 7.00am yesterday morning.
I was in Brizzy yesterday (on my way home to Syd) and actually rode that way (From City toWest End around to the new bus bridge to UQ then back via Toowong). At least I think that was where you're describing. I rode through there at roughly 8-8:30. Sorry, didn't see any sign of a bike (damaged or otherwise) but, then again I wasn't really looking.

Hope your mate gets his bike (and health) back.

Scotty

scotty72 said:
I was in Brizzy yesterday (on my way home to Syd) and actually rode that way (From City toWest End around to the new bus bridge to UQ then back via Toowong). At least I think that was where you're describing. I rode through there at roughly 8-8:30. Sorry, didn't see any sign of a bike (damaged or otherwise) but, then again I wasn't really looking.

Hope your mate gets his bike (and health) back.

Scotty
Thanks mate, we went out and have dropped some flyers in letter boxes and put some up on power poles... so we will see what happens/

huthy said:
Thanks mate, we went out and have dropped some flyers in letter boxes and put some up on power poles... so we will see what happens/
The bike has been located. :)

The Somerville House Rowing Club got our flyer, and they have the bike.

I can tell you that the patient (albeit STILL awaiting surgery at the PA) is much happier knowing his bike has been recovered.

Thanks guys.

huthy said:
The bike has been located. :)

The Somerville House Rowing Club got our flyer, and they have the bike.

I can tell you that the patient (albeit STILL awaiting surgery at the PA) is much happier knowing his bike has been recovered.

Thanks guys.
In what condition is the bike?

scotty72 said:
In what condition is the bike?
Not sure yet.

His wife has arranged to pick it up Monday. When I get a look I will let eveyone know.

As for the rider: Hairline fracture in the neck (non-critical - lucky it is in the "right" spot to be considered stable), shattered left forearm and dislocated wrist. They can't put the wrist back in properly until the forearm is plated and screwed. Has been at the PA in Brisbane since Wednesday (ie the day of the accident) and has been "pushed" on and off the surgery list each day. Was on the surgery list again for today/tonight... so we will see what happens.

huthy said:
Not sure yet.

His wife has arranged to pick it up Monday. When I get a look I will let eveyone know.

As for the rider: Hairline fracture in the neck (non-critical - lucky it is in the "right" spot to be considered stable), shattered left forearm and dislocated wrist. They can't put the wrist back in properly until the forearm is plated and screwed. Has been at the PA in Brisbane since Wednesday (ie the day of the accident) and has been "pushed" on and off the surgery list each day. Was on the surgery list again for today/tonight... so we will see what happens.
Oh, it was Wed. I got the dates screwed up. I was there a couple of days later.

Sounds lucky.

A guy I know (occassionally lurks around these forums) had a serious fall (assited by a tradesman's van) late last year. Broke his neck but as you say - he was very lucky and is recovering well (back on the bike etc). Lets hope your friend has the same fortune.

Scotty